Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32220. (Read 26473604 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
I have this feeling that Bitcoin is going bananas again just like in April, sooner than you think Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TuFy0fcuw

There is negative inflow of money on Gox so if it looks like June or April there will also be less of a dead cat bounce the second time around. So we better be cautious no buy in on an intermediate plateau on the way down.

(I'm quite a frighted bear at the moment. I watched the flash dip to 110,-,but didn't act on it, as I as others think that volume is too low and it's too easy to be fooled by price action alone!).

RL markets are also in purgatory ATM, the DOW, DAX, whatever looks like Bitcoin these days also, so I guess that we are also waiting for the Congress to decide on debt ceiling, Obama care etc. 

Last year Bitcoin was used a lot as reserve for prof currency traders, (maybe just Max Kaiser), so real currency market movements was mirrored instantly in Bitcoin. Is it still so, or has Bitcoin become more detached?
It takes quite a lot of effort and analysis to sense these connections between markets, and I don't put in the effort for the time being, so does anyone have a hunch if real markets still are good indicators?
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
I have this feeling that Bitcoin is going bananas again just like in April, sooner than you think Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TuFy0fcuw
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
It IS a re-enactment of June, but with lower seller pressure.
Activity: 504
Stop bitching about low volume on Gox, during the next couple of days there will be plenty of volume.  Wink

Looks like it. Let's see which way it goes?

On balance volume is a good indicator. Could be a re-enactment of June-July.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Stop bitching about low volume on Gox, during the next couple of days there will be plenty of volume.  Wink
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
If you watched btce on bitcoinity this evening, you could see it flickering with thousands of tiny trades at 121.99 and 121.98 with no resulting movement in price.
legendary
Activity: 896
Last 24 hours:
Bitstamp: 10670
Btce: 8107
Mtgox: 5498

There is some bot malfunctioning on btce today but still that's quite a laugh that even btce's volume is higher, and gox has bots too.

Over the weekend I saw one point where gox had 2400 volume...

Dayum. Lowest I saw was ~3900.

What is this bot malfunction you speak of?
Dat action. Below 6k vol again. If it hits 4k we are well over-due for some real volume.

Bitstamp volume today at 11.3k approaching double that of gox, and BTCE at 4.5k closing in too. This is a worrying sign for gox HQ. They really are circling the drain...

Interesting. I feel like Gox volume is reduced from the flashcrash, because those who wanted in are in, and those who sold wont buy at these prices. Its all down to the big guys to decide whats going down, again.

As for bitstamp - thats pretty nice. 11k isnt bad.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Last 24 hours:
Bitstamp: 10670
Btce: 8107
Mtgox: 5498

There is some bot malfunctioning on btce today but still that's quite a laugh that even btce's volume is higher, and gox has bots too.

Over the weekend I saw one point where gox had 2400 volume...
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Dat action. Below 6k vol again. If it hits 4k we are well over-due for some real volume.

Bitstamp volume today at 11.3k approaching double that of gox, and BTCE at 4.5k closing in too. This is a worrying sign for gox HQ. They really are circling the drain...
legendary
Activity: 896
Activity: 251
I just went to btcmarkets and it's 128, I missed becoming a millionaire again  Cry
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Finally! We're all Billionaires in AUS$!

WTF?

and people thought i wasn't serious when i called for infinite $ for 1 BTC by the 17th Oct 2013, early today

when will you guys accept the fact that i am never wrong?

Grin

ref:
180 by friday. infinity by the 17th  Cheesy

Adam may have a point as we can see a sharp spike in the BTC/USD rate over the US Debt crisis. Echo of 2011? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_debt-ceiling_crisis_of_2011
legendary
Activity: 1260
Drunk Posts
legendary
Activity: 1372
Ok so whats the plan? Do we all panic, and in what direction? plz advise
The market always follows your move, but knowing that makes it a bit more tricky. 
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

ya and the best part the USD will still retain about 5% of it value. for a day or two.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Jump to: