Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32221. (Read 26473604 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
Ok so whats the plan? Do we all panic, and in what direction? plz advise
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Finally! We're all Billionaires in AUS$!

WTF?

and people thought i wasn't serious when i called for infinite $ for 1 BTC by the 17th Oct 2013, early today

when will you guys accept the fact that i am never wrong?

Grin

ref:
180 by friday. infinity by the 17th  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Merit: 1125
12.8 B AUS$ per Bitcoin. And appearently it's down 10% Wink http://bitcoincharts.com/
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
legendary
Finally! We're all Billionaires in AUS$!

legendary
If he has an edge (if) that allows him to sustainably gain purchasing power over time, then I don't see why he shouldn't trade. Buy and hold is risky too because you expose yourself to 100%. Successful trading will decrease your risk even though it's hard to outperform buy and hold for Bitcoin for profit, but this profit comes at a cost.

Most here haven't experienced the 2011 bear market where price went from 32 to 2. Risk management has its uses.

I believe the only one with an edge is the exchange. But if someone can actually have an edge then it's just like playing poker and can be profitable. 
legendary
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
I don't think Bitcoin is moving quickly at all currently, and the volumes seem dreadfully low to me even if you factor in Bitstamp. Certainly compared to the bubble and its aftermath, we are in a lull. My guess is we can in part thank MtGox for it because it's holding most of the Bitcoin allocated speculative money hostage.

By the way, if this abysmally low volume continues for more weekdays, it may be attributable to the loss of Silk Road. It's only natural it would account for a lot of liquidity (especially in the smaller trades).
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

What if you trade every other day, are you a gay(bi) daily trader?

Buy-curious.
N12
donator
If he has an edge (if) that allows him to sustainably gain purchasing power over time, then I don't see why he shouldn't trade. Buy and hold is risky too because you expose yourself to 100%. Successful trading will decrease your risk even though it's hard to outperform buy and hold for Bitcoin for profit, but this profit comes at a cost.

Most here haven't experienced the 2011 bear market where price went from 32 to 2. Risk management has its uses.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Yes, I hear there's a great market gap in online drug stores. Cheesy

Or you could create a fork that redistributes FBI stolen Bitcoins.

is this possible?

Technically, yes. Realistically, you'd never get enough people to agree to run it and if you did, it would probably be the end of Bitcoin.
legendary
Words have meanings.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/day-trading

a form of share dealing in which individuals buy and sell shares over the Internet over a period of a single day’s trading, with the intention of profiting from small price fluctuations.

It's all moot. He wanted to do day trading (suggesting it's reliable) and I advised against all forms of speculation (day trading is a form of speculation) and instead to invest, which is far more reliable.
N12
donator
Words have meanings.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/day-trading

a form of share dealing in which individuals buy and sell shares over the Internet over a period of a single day’s trading, with the intention of profiting from small price fluctuations.

But sure, it doesn't mean you have to trade every single day to be a day trader.

My point is that you can trade on a frame of weeks/months too.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Swing trading maybe. It would probably be best to call it "trading" generally, because there are 2 large fractions here: those who trade at all and those who don't.

Traders are looking for fast small returns. Investors are looking for large secure returns over time. It's safe to call the people looking for small rapid returns day traders. Day traders watch the market daily but may not initiate a trade unless the market is favorable and that may not be daily.
N12
donator
Swing trading maybe. It would probably be best to call it "trading" generally, because there are 2 large fractions here: those who trade at all and those who don't.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
It's funny how this forum only knows either day trading or holding forever.

If you don't normally trade daily, you are not a daytrader.

What if you trade every other day, are you a gay(bi) daily trader?
N12
donator
It's funny how this forum only knows either day trading or holding forever.

If you don't normally trade daily, you are not a daytrader. Looking at the typically dull volumes, I doubt there are many day traders, maybe some small ones.
legendary

So my real options are
1.  Store in and come back in 5 years and see what its worth
2.  Try to double it in the safest (USD term wise) way - Daytrading

Daytrading is extremely risky in any market. It's speculating.

Buy and hold is a very effective strategy in an asset which will appreciate in value.
N12
donator
Assuming he would actually hand over those 600k bitcoins. He'll be in jail for the rest of his life most likely, whether he hands over the coins or not.
Why wouldn't he?  Unless he's really stupid then those bitcoins are only part of his stash and he's got more in another account that the feds don't know about.
I think it's been established with how he got himself arrested that he is really stupid, though I'd label it careless.

Also, the feds have all the transactional data from the Silk Road server. They know exactly how much commission was earned in its lifetime.
Jump to: