Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32309. (Read 26412209 times)

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
I really don't mind if the majority of my money can't be withdrawn to a bank any time soon, it's there for longterm investment/trading anyway.
But a company that in all likelyhood lies to customers in order to manage perceptions, that doesn't sit right with me..
Agreed on both accounts.

They need to tell the truth now. There's not a single case of successful withdrawal known to the public, and it's been almost two weeks now since they announced they'd begin handling their backlog. If there is some sort of blockade like Wikileaks had, then we ought to know.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Why don't I feel like joining the gox FUD choir? Have I changed? Or is it something else?

It's the cool thing to do now Mucus. You're too non-conformist for that.
legendary
Activity: 1638
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
I'm not going to get into this in another thread.  Their press releases explain the situation clearly.

The July 4 one in which they say that operations are being resumed, but still almost nobody receives any payment whatsover?  Yeah, very believable  Roll Eyes .
Whatever, we don't need to further discuss this here, believe what you want.  It's not like I am totally convinced they are broke, but I don't like the way this is being handled.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Why don't I feel like joining the gox FUD choir? Have I changed? Or is it something else?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Having money at MtGox I'm as worried as much as the last time this came up, not at all.

Finally, someone with some sense.  It seems like this has become the "MtGox Speculation" forum lately.  So many chickens without heads running around.

Are you surprised people are worried?  Bitcoin services don't have a fantastic track record of being "safe and sound", and Gox is bullshitting their customers.  For me, it would be much nicer to have an official statement in which they come clean (for example saying: we can hardly process any payments right now, and we don't know when the business deals or infrastructure to provide payments will come back online.  But to prove we don't have liquidity/solvency issues, we will undergo an audit).

I really don't mind if the majority of my money can't be withdrawn to a bank any time soon, it's there for longterm investment/trading anyway.
But a company that in all likelyhood lies to customers in order to manage perceptions, that doesn't sit right with me..

I'm not going to get into this in another thread.  Their press releases explain the situation clearly.
legendary
Activity: 1638
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
Having money at MtGox I'm as worried as much as the last time this came up, not at all.

Finally, someone with some sense.  It seems like this has become the "MtGox Speculation" forum lately.  So many chickens without heads running around.

Are you surprised people are worried?  Bitcoin services don't have a fantastic track record of being "safe and sound", and Gox is bullshitting their customers.  For me, it would be much nicer to have an official statement in which they come clean (for example saying: we can hardly process any payments right now, and we don't know when the business deals or infrastructure to provide payments will come back online.  But to prove we don't have liquidity/solvency issues, we will undergo an audit).

legendary
...So many chickens without heads running around.

The best way to deal with that is to simply wait -- they settle down eventually Smiley

We can always make chicken vindaloo then. Cheesy
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
...So many chickens without heads running around.

The best way to deal with that is to simply wait -- they settle down eventually Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

Finally, someone with some sense.  It seems like this has become the "MtGox Speculation" forum lately.  So many chickens without heads running around.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Can't believe how bearish this is. No big money is going to flow in under these conditions, so impulsive upward moves are pretty much guaranteed to not occur.

We should rather think about what mix of markets we look at for analysis and make some tools for that mixing. mtGox is totally distorted, no good for price discovery any more.

I've started to base my prices off of friggin' bitcoin.de prices when the divergences started to get above a couple %.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
It's been like 4 attempts at 100/100+ that have failed. Unless price begins to move up, sells will come.

And they will be met with buys.

How else would there be a sell?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Having money at MtGox I'm as worried as much as the last time this came up, not at all. The only annoying thing is that we're going to have to wait for SOME sort of withdrawal method to work for an impulsive downward move to occur. We're basically trapped in limbo where we can't go meaningfully up or down, and this applies to all exchanges.

BTW, do you know if Bitstamp worked with LR at some point? It seems that Citibank is using that excuse to bounce Gox's wires.
No clue. That's interesting to hear, can you point me to such reports? Are there any other such banks that we know of that block all MtGox transfers?

Perhaps Gox is cooperating with (or being coerced by) the buy whale.

Maybe Gox IS the whale  Cheesy
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
At the end of the day the banks (or the rosthchilds whichever u prefer to call it) are not going help a currency thrive that will end them.  Bitcoin will end the banking system and put the power of currency back in the hands of the people.  Instead of our dollars losing value in our wallets we will all have bitcoins that double in value on a yearly basis.  So why would banks try to help.  If we want bitcoin to succed were going to have to do it without banks.  I think i have a way how to do this as well if there are any developers out here trying to start something revolutionary and vital to the bitcoin economy message me
legendary
The strong hands are accumulating, the longer we're at this point, the more likely it is we are to rise.

This is similar to what it was like at around 120, before it began rising to a high of 136.
Did you settle your debt?

Not yet, if must be nosy and know about it.

I'll take that as an indicator of how strong the "strong hands" really are, ok?

Great, now this has turned into ad hominem.

No it just was a Freudian slip.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
The strong hands are accumulating, the longer we're at this point, the more likely it is we are to rise.

This is similar to what it was like at around 120, before it began rising to a high of 136.

Great, now this has turned into ad hominem.
Activity: 112

If you are counting on BTC to go up to settle your debt then you have a problem.

I'm not, now please mind your own business. I would profit equally if the market went or up or down. I'm calling it how I see it.
legendary

Activity: 74

If you are counting on BTC to go up to settle your debt then you have a problem.
Jump to: