Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32311. (Read 26412198 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin grows on reducing its use.. yeah, seems legit.

The more people horde, the more bitcoin goes up. This is a speculative market, so hording is a good thing, until adoption speeds up. (In which case we can expect another bubble, which may not be too far off.)

Or people will just buy altcoins and not pay exorbitant prices for the same thing? It isnt a good thing to have hording. Yes, $100 is $100, no matter if bitcoin is 1c or 10,000, but its room for growth is much different. Since all these coins are speculation & drugs, thats half of the battle.

And "weak hands" exiting the market are the people who might actually do economic activity with bitcoin, which is what will really cause growth.

The more people horde, the more bitcoin goes up. This is a speculative market, so hording is a good thing, until adoption speeds up. (In which case we can expect another bubble.)

Bitcoin in the hands of more people is what will grow its ecosystem.

Truth.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

The more people horde, the more bitcoin goes up. This is a speculative market, so hording is a good thing, until adoption speeds up. (In which case we can expect another bubble, which may not be too far off.)
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
do people think this Bernanke speech will have any effect on the exchange? also where is it possible to watch online?

http://www.bloomberg.com/live-stream/

thank you
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 2151
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
do people think this Bernanke speech will have any effect on the exchange? also where is it possible to watch online?

I don't thing he's going to announce anything outrageous (just "We're still going to keep stealing your savings at the same rate") so no effect.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

http://www.bloomberg.com/live-stream/
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Gox 98 and Bitstamp hit 89  Huh

People cashing out from Gox and selling on Bitstamp? Must be painful...

Well, it looks like that is what is happening.

Plus, the fact that Roger Ver uploads today an utterly stupid youtube video in which he repeats like a muppet that the delays are caused by "the traditional banking system inability to keep up with the demands of the growing Bitcoin economy" (literally) just makes it FUCKING WORSE.

WTF? Who they want to fool? I don't fear MtGox going broke because of fractional reserve and whatnot, but "the demands of the growing Bitcoin economy" its obviously NOT the problem, WTF are they hiding? That their banks won't deal with Bitcoin businesses anymore and they are struggling to find any bank that do want to work with them? That some of their funds are being freezed and investigated by their banks? What the hell is going on with these guys?

For the ones who missed the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP1YsMlrfF0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUZyrn1awtEVne0bdryfuI6A

Really can't cope will all these amateurish sh*t.

We have the new downtrend, guys.
3 connections

It's not down yet...  (might well be so in the near future), but you shouldnt sell your chickens before they hatch.

So I shouldn't sell my bitcoins before the price falling?  Grin
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

Why ''new''? There is an already well-established (therefore old) mid-term downtrend (in my opinion).
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
3 connections

It's not down yet...  (might well be so in the near future), but you shouldnt sell your chickens before they hatch.
3 connections

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Gox 98 and Bitstamp hit 89  Huh

People cashing out from Gox and selling on Bitstamp? Must be painful...
Activity: 706
Dutyfree.io – defying tobacco taxes since 2009.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Quietly sitting on the 100 day EMA after rebounding on the 200 day EMA.

It feels like the quite before the storm. Not so many negative signs as before the bounce, that bounce was on relatively high volume and there's still people willing to buy. I wonder how much is the withdrawal problem affecting the price - I'd say quite a lot.

http://www.bitcoincharts.com/markets/mtgoxUSD.html

Looking at a 60 day chart (in reference to previous charts), it looks very much like we've just passed the peak of this cycle. I suspect momentum will gather for downward price pressure from here.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Quietly sitting on the 100 day EMA after rebounding on the 200 day EMA.

It feels like the quite before the storm. Not so many negative signs as before the bounce, that bounce was on relatively high volume and there's still people willing to buy. I wonder how much is the withdrawal problem affecting the price - I'd say quite a lot.

Activity: 282
Merit: 250
Bernank is going to utter some words today I hear (when?)... I bet stuff will move then.
I hope so! Its boring to watch the 99 up&down for 3 days.
Jump to: