Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32405. (Read 26470520 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Interesting... bitstamp and cbx rallying a couple percent while Gox flatter; stuck under 120 but no real wall until 125.  This is the opposite of the typical divergence where gox rallies and the others are flat.

Cbx has been trading about 10% under gox, so it's correcting to that level.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Some important info is expected to be revealed about the fed tapering issue tomorrow - what do you guys think the outcome will be? Will the fed effectively taper or not in september?

If they - against all odds - announce tapering, we might see a drop in bitcoin (and all other real assets)

Why? Where will the Fiat go - paying down debt, where?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Interesting... bitstamp and cbx rallying a couple percent while Gox flatter; stuck under 120 but no real wall until 125.  This is the opposite of the typical divergence where gox rallies and the others are flat.

arbitrageurs starting their action?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Some important info is expected to be revealed about the fed tapering issue tomorrow - what do you guys think the outcome will be? Will the fed effectively taper or not in september?

If they - against all odds - announce tapering, we might see a drop in bitcoin (and all other real assets)
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
Forgive me as this is going to be a bit vague, and I'm fairly new - but trying to understand the divergence between Bitstamp and MtGox it occurred to me that maybe the "history" of the market movers on each Exchange is different and that may explain the gap.  

Specifically - I seem to remember comments a few months ago about a big lump of coins that ended up in Gox at a particular price (can't remember if it was $130 or $180) because of some event - and they were sitting on the ask side waiting for the market to recover as we dropped to $60 ish in July. i can't remember the event, but it was a shit load of coins.

Is it possible that if you're a really major player - and you understand how to move the market but arrived in a losing position for some reason - that you sell out at a loss - wait - and then play back in, in a structured way, to boost the price back to a level where you can make profit (even if you can't get it out of the Exchange)?  It doesn't matter if you can't take it out as long as you can sell at your entry point, because selling will crash the price which would enable you to buy back in, and then exit Gox to exchanges that are more functional?

So what I'm saying is players on Gox are trying to reach a price - whereas traders on Bitstamp are trying to find it?
Activity: 238
I would post BECAUSE OF HIM!

I am a harmless being. I don't want to cause any headaches on his end nor want to increase his mushroom intake Cool

Why not?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
Interesting... bitstamp and cbx rallying a couple percent while Gox flatter; stuck under 120 but no real wall until 125.  This is the opposite of the typical divergence where gox rallies and the others are flat.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
I would post BECAUSE OF HIM!

I am a harmless being. I don't want to cause any headaches on his end nor want to increase his mushroom intake Cool
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Your favourite daddy, Loozik, made a prediction on on 7 July that the price will make it from 66 to about 123 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2673061

MESSAGE WITH HISTORICAL PREDICTION

Last chance guys to buy cheap coins.

CONFIRMATION

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS TRADE  Grin

You're on a roll! Next prediction (up) please ;-)

I had already promised not to make any more BTCUSD calls. Even Shroomskit criticized me for posting them  Smiley

If you were in my shoes would you post any calls after having being criticized by him?

But I will be watching BTCUSD with great interest.

Are you kidding me? I would post BECAUSE OF HIM! The guy needs to take some shrooms under shamanistic supervision. He basically criticizes people who's viewpoint is outside of his...
People who have dark ignore buttons should not be on your list of "people to highly respect"  Grin
Activity: 238
Your favourite daddy, Loozik, made a prediction on on 7 July that the price will make it from 66 to about 123 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2673061

CONFIRMATION

I had already promised not to make any more BTCUSD calls. Even Shroomskit criticized me for posting them  Smiley

If you were in my shoes would you post any calls after having being criticized by him?

"To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

"You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks." - Winston S. Churchill
Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

CONFIRMATION

Activity: 392
I didn't know we were playing baseball.

I'm out.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
It's relevant in my case, as a european trading bitcoin in USD, i'm interested in the exchange rate usd/euro. So i wouldn't like it if the USD takes a tumble.
So, fed tapers: dollar rises, fed doesn't taper: dollar goes down, down, down.

To use a baseball analogy. 
Monetary policy (Fed action) is the backstop.  Fiscal policy (congressional+administrative spending control) is at bat.

When Fiscal policy strikes out, the dollar goes down down down.  All monetary policy can do is keep some of the balls that our batters can't hit from sliding into the gutter, rolling into the sewer and out to sea.

Too much credence is given to the Federal Reserve wrt dollar valuation, but its not their game to lose, it is the absence of governance on government.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
It's relevant in my case, as a european trading bitcoin in USD, i'm interested in the exchange rate usd/euro. So i wouldn't like it if the USD takes a tumble.

at this point it doesn't really matter if the fed tapers or not, their so many dollars out there, the dollar really should be worth a satochi, at best... maybe an LTCsatochi  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

Let the crashing of the markets and currencies begin.  Grin Seriously, they are between a rock and a hard place. We already have 10 year bond rates going up with all the printing (very bad sign), once they
slow that down, things are likely to eventually implode. The markets are, of course, distorting a terrible economy and now the markets (without all that money coming in) will be hurt. Then what will he media say?
Or is the slowdown of "asset" purchasing things that effects consumers more directly?

That said, these people still have power and I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow manage to keep the ship afloat a bit longer. But I can't imagine more than 6 months to 18 months. We'll see...
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

I'd say that if we see a significant movement in the market prior to the announcement, then it will indeed be (somewhat) relevant.

oh this is relevant.

but it doesn't really matter if they succeed in tapering or wtv. IMO its going to work they will tighten, but they will do it really slowly and the markets will be affected...

bitcoin will rocket, no matter what  Cool
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
BUY BUY  BUY!!!!!!!!!!!

sry, somtimes i just cant hold it in.  Cheesy

Have you loaded up using cavirtex yet? Seems like the cheapest coins in the world there...

ya, and i'm sending more money

Me too.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

I'd say that if we see a significant movement in the market prior to the announcement, then it will indeed be (somewhat) relevant.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Jump to: