Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32449. (Read 26471126 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
It's not stable if a single whale or small group can crash at will. that's a house of cards.

stability = low volatility + high volume + firm, genuine depth.

If you claim anything else, you are tryin' to sell some bullshit.
Activity: 504
well,... Gox should be applauded for one thing, and that's finally creating price stability Grin
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
If $ could be withdrawn from Fort Gox, then the price would go down sharply, maybe to the 50s.
But it seems that the cash out of Gox is still buying BTC and selling to other exchanges, which adds some
weirdness to the price formation. When funds leave Gox, the price - in Gox dollars - rises, instead of dropping.
The current supply / demand ratio points towards a price of 106, and there are almost 3k BTC to buy till 106.

It certainly is looking like what you describe. Many people are trapped on Gox, so to speak. That smaller percentage who may need cash have no choice but to sell elsewhere.
It is hard to believe how long this has been going on now. Further, the volume on Stamp has been rising and I have yet to hear problems getting money in or out. (Though there was a report from a few people about getting money in from Ing banking I think.)
It is further hard to believe that this problem could not have been corrected by now. As far as I've heard and seen, this should be an automated process.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
If $ could be withdrawn from Fort Gox, then the price would go down sharply, maybe to the 50s.
But it seems that the cash out of Gox is still buying BTC and selling to other exchanges, which adds some
weirdness to the price formation. When funds leave Gox, the price - in Gox dollars - rises, instead of dropping.
The current supply / demand ratio points towards a price of 106, and there are almost 3k BTC to buy till 106.
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
The price is about to go down... History always repeats itself

Look at the blockchain market price from 2011 compared to 2013, almost identical. The price isn't just going to shoot up out of nowhere.
legendary
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
2k at 104. Will someone lean on it?
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
With the low volume, and the price only fluctuating around 4% +/- I dare to say....stable? I would say it is completely normal to see these small % fluctuations of $4-$6.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Does anyone know when this gox/bitstamp et al. arb started?

How many sites do you guys know of regarding paper wallets?
I know https://www.bitaddress.org/
https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/

Any other favorites?

http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/coin_address.php

Physical Coins are pretty cool

I sell these, I prefer BTC payments, fore sure!  Tongue
Ultranode
The volume on bitstamp is a joke.

I find it easier to fulfill an order on btc-e tbh.

The depth is even more of a joke. Clear no one wants to be associated w/ bitstamp long term. It is merely convenient place to cash-out.
Ultranode
Offtopic:

You guys think that litecoin will be in gox? What will happen to the price of the LTC?

Dunno. Can investors buy ltc on gox and cash out elsewhere? If not, then LOL@ltc ipo.
legendary
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Offtopic:

You guys think that litecoin will be in gox? What will happen to the price of the LTC?

I bought yesterday so it's free to go up uP UP.

But can you trust btc-e? They have also a lot smaller fee which is kind a big plus.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

The spread makes it even worse at times. You often need a $2 plus move to hope for a $1 profit, depending on your orders size of course.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

Activity: 763
How many sites do you guys know of regarding paper wallets?
this forum is about the price, for such services go into the services section!
Jump to: