Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32448. (Read 26471070 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
since when is it difficult to get btc out of gox? did i miss something?
or is that a prediction for the future?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mtgox-bitcoin-withdrawal-not-working-272454

There are two more complaints in the main withdrawal delays thread: someone claims he has not been able to take coins out since July 29 and someone else claims that he always gets an error message saying his IP was banned due to too many attempts - even if he tries to connect with another computer and different IP.

He realized error on his side ... two factor auth.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
well,... Gox should be applauded for one thing, and that's finally creating price stability Grin

Make it impossible to get $ out - create upward price pressure.
then
Make it difficult to get BTC out - limit upward price pressure.

Adjust these two dials until you get stability!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1k81p5/mtgox_denying_btc_withdrawls/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1k818w/i_guess_i_see_why_no_one_uses_mtgox_anymore_just/
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

There are two more complaints in the main withdrawal delays thread: someone claims he has not been able to take coins out since July 29 and someone else claims that he always gets an error message saying his IP was banned due to too many attempts - even if he tries to connect with another computer and different IP.
Activity: 686
Ultranode
If you claim anything else, you are tryin' to sell some bullshit.
Listen to this guy - he's an expert bullshit seller so he knows what he's talking about.

i'd love to see him perform a whole page of discussion with his twin brother Jaroslaw but that's perhaps too hard to pull off.
would be a nice paradoxon though.  Cheesy

its the same guy, notice how once this one became active jaroslaw disappeared

You disagree w/ my def'n of stability?
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
well,... Gox should be applauded for one thing, and that's finally creating price stability Grin

then

Listen to this guy - he's an expert bullshit seller so he knows what he's talking about.

i'd love to see him perform a whole page of discussion with his twin brother Jaroslaw but that's perhaps too hard to pull off.
would be a nice paradoxon though.  Cheesy

oh really? now that you say, hell they even have the same user pics....   Shocked
thanks for explaining, captain ovious.  Roll Eyes
that's why i thought a little schizophrenic conversation could be quite amusing
got to give that guy some credit for his performance.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

then

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Ultranode
If the recent subpoenas reveal companies are not collecting sufficient information on traders to identify manipulation, money laundering or other nefarious activities, what happens to the price? Do the manipulators and criminals immediately buy btc in attempt to avoid fiat stuck on an exchange? Or, do they try to cash out before the hammer comes down?

Now that at least one US court has found btc to a "security," might the SEC chase down manipulators? Suppose the bot-bullshit comes to an end, or at least restricted. Good or bad for price?
legendary
Ultranode
It's not stable if a single whale or small group can crash at will. that's a house of cards.

stability = low volatility + high volume + firm, genuine depth.

Activity: 504
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
If $ could be withdrawn from Fort Gox, then the price would go down sharply, maybe to the 50s.
But it seems that the cash out of Gox is still buying BTC and selling to other exchanges, which adds some
weirdness to the price formation. When funds leave Gox, the price - in Gox dollars - rises, instead of dropping.
The current supply / demand ratio points towards a price of 106, and there are almost 3k BTC to buy till 106.

It certainly is looking like what you describe. Many people are trapped on Gox, so to speak. That smaller percentage who may need cash have no choice but to sell elsewhere.
It is hard to believe how long this has been going on now. Further, the volume on Stamp has been rising and I have yet to hear problems getting money in or out. (Though there was a report from a few people about getting money in from Ing banking I think.)
It is further hard to believe that this problem could not have been corrected by now. As far as I've heard and seen, this should be an automated process.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
If $ could be withdrawn from Fort Gox, then the price would go down sharply, maybe to the 50s.
But it seems that the cash out of Gox is still buying BTC and selling to other exchanges, which adds some
weirdness to the price formation. When funds leave Gox, the price - in Gox dollars - rises, instead of dropping.
The current supply / demand ratio points towards a price of 106, and there are almost 3k BTC to buy till 106.
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
The price is about to go down... History always repeats itself

Look at the blockchain market price from 2011 compared to 2013, almost identical. The price isn't just going to shoot up out of nowhere.
legendary
Jump to: