Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32659. (Read 26470074 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust

So yes it can be done.   Is it good for "Bitcoin"?

It may be. There's an awful lot of bitcoins owned by relatively few early adopters. If Bitcoin is to succeed, a large chunk of those bitcoins need to be extracted from those early adopters and spread amongst the general population.

It seems these early adopters have had a pretty good understanding of where the future is going. I for one would be happy to see these kinds of people get incredibly, filthy rich, so they can invest in awesome new businesses and technologies. Now that would make a change away from the current status quo, where the financial system only benefits parasites and sociopaths.

IMO most Bitcoiners are the most sociopathic people there are.
It takes a *special* attitude to strive after a system where economic status is derived only by a unchangeable, unchallengeable, non-physical ledger.   

Maybe it would change your mind if you didn't spend so much time in the speculation forum?  Tongue

I refer to the Bitcoin early adopters, not the current get rick quick types. People like the the guy responding to this Reddit topic and there are many other examples.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

So yes it can be done.   Is it good for "Bitcoin"?

It may be. There's an awful lot of bitcoins owned by relatively few early adopters. If Bitcoin is to succeed, a large chunk of those bitcoins need to be extracted from those early adopters and spread amongst the general population.

It seems these early adopters have had a pretty good understanding of where the future is going. I for one would be happy to see these kinds of people get incredibly, filthy rich, so they can invest in awesome new businesses and technologies. Now that would make a change away from the current status quo, where the financial system only benefits parasites and sociopaths.

It takes a *special* attitude to strive after a system where economic status is derived only by a unchangeable, unchallengeable, non-physical ledger.   

Can't be more sociopathic than banksters and Wall Street junkies. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

I don't agree with this. The price will rise as the demand/use/store of value (whichever route BTC takes) increases thus making the "limited" amount of BTC more valuable. People will not have to own a Bitcoin but rather could own a few Satoshis which will be worth what a whole BTC is worth today. I believe this is what many "early adopters" who are holding their BTC are hoping for. Regardless if you are buying BTC now you are an "early adopter". Get in where you can, and help grow BTC however you can.
legendary
Activity: 1372

Not sure I agree with that as a necessary precursor to the success of bitcoin, but assuming that it is for the moment, how and why does speculation accomplish that?
The fear of losing there value (early adopters don't want to be holding a hot potato) distribution = diversified demand = greater chance of sustained value.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer

Not sure I agree with that as a necessary precursor to the success of bitcoin, but assuming that it is for the moment, how and why does speculation accomplish that?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

legendary

Everyone wanted $50 coins.
The sooner they wake up, the better.  Tongue

I would have settled for $60. But I'm not fussed about it. Though the currency I would have bought them in has fallen 7% against the dollar since then so it would have been a double good buy to have got in.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer

This is true, Bitcoin as a speculation medium and as a currency don't go together.

People speculate on traditional currencies all the time. It's how Soros made his money.

I think you made the Mickey's point for him.
Or were you not aware of the effect on those currencies?

legendary

This is true, Bitcoin as a speculation medium and as a currency don't go together.

People speculate on traditional currencies all the time. It's how Soros made his money.
Activity: 564
Merit: 508
On the 15 minute chart it looks like things are breaking down (or a double, tripple bottom) - 85 is key it seems.
Even the 1 and 4 hour chart are dipping a bit. Interesting at this level:

I would tell $84, as posted before.
$84 break => $80 imho.

EDIT:  Roll Eyes Sorry, i was following BitStamp. $85 sounds fine  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
On the 15 minute chart it looks like things are breaking down (or a double, tripple bottom) - 85 is key it seems.
Even the 1 and 4 hour chart are dipping a bit. Interesting at this level:

legendary
Activity: 1246
TA also showed a head and shoulders pattern forming and it was confirmed and completed, just look at lucif's thread. Calling manipulation as an excuse every time your personal TA interpretation doesn't work out is kinda cheap imo. Also nothing is set in stone, you're always working with probabilities and not certainties.
legendary
Antifragile
Looks like a flag forming. Don't know which way it will break.... originally thought up to 96 after another oscillation down, but this rally has me nervous. Didn't reach my target but happy to take profits at 89.

All out, now dump please.  Grin

Depends on the chart. The daily chart looks to be topping or reversing.
The one and four hour chart looks to be some type of flag continuation pattern, meaning up...

IAS
legendary
Antifragile
Yesterday taught me just *how* pathetic my attempts at reading the Bitcoin market are, and *how* irrelevant both TA & common sense are to this market.
Trying a new strategy today.  Got me some black candles burning on both sides of the monitor, crayons for drawing pentagrams & magikal symbolz, got The Lord's Prayer queued up to loop backwards in Pro Tools.  As soon as my cat learns to arch his back & hiss at the chart, i'll be set for a new day of trading Angry

Every few posts I mention that when doing TA with BTC anything is possible. Don't feel bad.
Had that huge buyer not come this rally would have been much shorter and not as high.

Really dangerous just using TA as their are some big pocketed guys here.

That said, they seem to use the entry/exit points we are following, but the violence of the moves are magnified.

I stayed out on this bounce up as I didn't want to chance a big seller dumping at 68 ish... (Bad call on my part)
Activity: 841
Some Tuesdays have proven to be interesting in the past, let's see what today brings. Laying on the beach with a cocktail watching how this wall at 80 gets eaten, could become a nice day Grin

Wall at 80 getting eating? We haven't touched 80 on gox since 26 hours.

What kind of cocktail are we talking about?
Turned out to be alcohol-free;)

that leaves even more questions. ;-)
Haha, touché. Cheesy
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Some Tuesdays have proven to be interesting in the past, let's see what today brings. Laying on the beach with a cocktail watching how this wall at 80 gets eaten, could become a nice day Grin

that leaves even more questions. ;-)
Activity: 841

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Waiting for $84.

Some scenarios. I wouldn't speculate on how probable they are at the moment.

Blue = triangle
Red = flag

It is possible Mrs Market will do something else.

Jump to: