Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32661. (Read 26470039 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
^ a short term uptick was necessary and expected...before resuming the overall medium term downward trend...the pattern remains: lower highs and lower lows...that pattern has not been broken yet....

How can you say that after checking out the 12 hour chart, such as below:

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mtgox/btcusd

How can I say that? Because I'm not stating an opinion on the 12 hour chart. Try checking out the daily chart. Beginning on April 23, 2013 we have been on a downward trend - of lower highs and lower lows. That trend has not yet been broken. That's the point I was trying to express. If the trend continues we should hit a new low in the next 4 or 5 weeks, right in time for the doldrums of August.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 112
I think we might see 95 or so:

The Fibo target is there, and there's Hidden Divergences with the Fisher.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
^ a short term uptick was necessary and expected...before resuming the overall medium term downward trend...the pattern remains: lower highs and lower lows...that pattern has not been broken yet....

We have just seen the biggest move up for 2 months. A new pattern is emerging. At some point reversals have to happen, unless it is in terminal decline. I remember watching the Enron share price in late '01 (didn't have any, fortunately) and it just kept going down and down. When it hit $8 the Bloomberg guys were having a fit saying that it must turn around soon. It didn't, the company collapsed and it went to zero. Unless Bitcoin is in terminal decline we will not see a permanent downtrend. In fact the last four years has shown it is the ultimate financial instrument on the planet. I think it will remain so, based on remarkable fundamentals, and so do many other people.

Enron. NOT Bitcoin

The biggest up move in 2 months... immediately following a doubly large, also 2 month record, down move?

It's clear you're all in Tongue

Anyway, best of luck. But I think you might be a bit delusional.

^Not that big of a move, relatively.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Price is falling. Thinking of moving my bids up from $60 to $80.

Probably wise unless you are prepared to wait out the next peak/trough which may still not get near $60. IMHO even $65 is unlikely again.
One strategy is to ladder orders, say $73 to $82 with 1/10th size at each $1 increment. If the lowest ones don't get hit then repeat the process at the next retrace down.

Well I already own some, so I'm not going to be like 'waaaaah, I missed an entire bubble.' So I'm not too rushed. However I've got a crapload of fiat sitting on Gox from selling during the second-crash (after the bounce after hitting $57) and withdrawing it costs an assload due to humongous wire fees, so eventually I'm going to need to buy Bitcoins with it. The real question is when. Which at the moment really isnt a question one can answer without significant BS, so I think i'm going to sit on my hands until I see if any new bitcoin businesses are actually forming after the bubble, or if we are just sitting on the floating businesses that were forming during the bubble but were just a bit late.

I'm new at this, but I started doing better taking small chunks as often as I can rather than try to time big chunks.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

We have just seen the biggest move up for 2 months. A new pattern is emerging. At some point reversals have to happen, unless it is in terminal decline. I remember watching the Enron share price in late '01 (didn't have any, fortunately) and it just kept going down and down. When it hit $8 the Bloomberg guys were having a fit saying that it must turn around soon. It didn't, the company collapsed and it went to zero. Unless Bitcoin is in terminal decline we will not see a permanent downtrend. In fact the last four years has shown it is the ultimate financial instrument on the planet. I think it will remain so, based on remarkable fundamentals, and so do many other people.

Enron. NOT Bitcoin chart:

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Probably wise unless you are prepared to wait out the next peak/trough which may still not get near $60. IMHO even $65 is unlikely again.
One strategy is to ladder orders, say $73 to $82 with 1/10th size at each $1 increment. If the lowest ones don't get hit then repeat the process at the next retrace down.

Well I already own some, so I'm not going to be like 'waaaaah, I missed an entire bubble.' So I'm not too rushed. However I've got a crapload of fiat sitting on Gox from selling during the second-crash (after the bounce after hitting $57) and withdrawing it costs an assload due to humongous wire fees, so eventually I'm going to need to buy Bitcoins with it. The real question is when. Which at the moment really isnt a question one can answer without significant BS, so I think i'm going to sit on my hands until I see if any new bitcoin businesses are actually forming after the bubble, or if we are just sitting on the floating businesses that were forming during the bubble but were just a bit late.
Activity: 84
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Is he feeding baby bears or pigs?
bears...
but i just realized I mixed up my gif library and uploaded the wrong one. (gifs with eating bears are hard to find)
Tongue need to get more sleep
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Grin

What happened and what most likely will continue couldn't be better described as by your comment. People begin to realize, that they might already missed it and higher their bids, which results in an uptrend.

Everyone wanted $50 coins.
The sooner they wake up, the better.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

Grin

What happened and what most likely will continue couldn't be better described as by your comment. People begin to realize, that they might already missed it and higher their bids, which results in an uptrend.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

I think he's saying bears are babies that need to be cared for.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Activity: 168
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
eve
Activity: 210
No doubt they will hit the 3 digit figures very soon Wink
Jump to: