Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32723. (Read 26469430 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 524
It's all my perception and of course really crazy events aren't included in this scenario, but even with a ban in some countrys it's value won't be zero though. Wink

I agree.  Bitcoin is resilient to law.  It is not resilient from technology.
Any of the largest governments, and even some of the large banks, if they wanted Bitcoin gone, could 51% it.  They could 90% it.  We are a mote.  No mistaking it, we can go to zero.
I am optimistic, I think this will not happen, but I also recognize that it might.
It will never reach zero, because if it every reaches $.00000000001/BTC, I'll buy them all lol.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
It's all my perception and of course really crazy events aren't included in this scenario, but even with a ban in some countrys it's value won't be zero though. Wink

I agree.  Bitcoin is resilient to law.  It is not resilient from technology.
Any of the largest governments, and even some of the large banks, if they wanted Bitcoin gone, could 51% it.  They could 90% it.  We are a mote.  No mistaking it, we can go to zero.
I am optimistic, I think this will not happen, but I also recognize that it might.
Feeling good about my decision to buy USB Miners for 1BTC and resell for about $180 a piece on ebay this past week!

Those puppies would've never gotten you that much.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=usb+block+erupter&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Never underestimate Ebay.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Bought at 65.5 sold at 69.99.. Suckers are making this easy..
wished i had guts to expose more of my dear fiat.

those "suckers" are the ones with guts. You can't win every round, but hey- like you said, you don't have the guts to expose your fiat, thus you also can't really ever 'win'. :-)

Following a rally is easier than taking the knife..And i consider my net profit of $1500 to be a win, you don't win until you sell  Roll Eyes
See that's the thing. $1500 isn't profit. BTC is profit. Any fool can make $ in this market, but to increase your share of the limited supply of bitcoin is what will really matter in the end.

I'm sorry but this is extremely short-sighted and worthy of someone with 0 trading knowledge.

We're talking profit here. Even for long bulls, more USD means more BTC. It's as simple as that. Whether you like it or not, he now has 1500 USD worth of extra BTC.

Being a long bull DOES NOT mean you have take every loss that BTC goes through. There will ALWAYS be times when having more USD is the better way to have more BTC.

the question is if he's spending or holding his profit inside the economy to push the growth or if he cashes the fiat out like winning a sportsbet and spending it on hookers' n' blow (or some oth. hedonistic stuff Wink)

funny thing at this point is that pure swarm intelligence based on faith in some new currency will decide if we will see more growth in the market around it or not.
as long as traders don't realize that with possessing bitcoins they have the power in their own hands to build a way for more adaption and bigger marketshare
which results in a more constant uptrend of price, as long will we see the volatility and the bubbles.

imo btc is a stock for an absolutely amazing idea and when you keep its worth inside its own market without cashing it out (unless you need fiat for electricity bills, buys for mining equipment or basic needs)
you can give the whole economy more power to become what it's all about...

...an accepted and stable global crypto-currency backed up by a big marketshare and giving everybody the possiblity to transfer value to any person on any part of the globe.

what's it all about when everybody invested fiat they don't really rely on in the first place?
(despite some true believers that really build the ground for more adaption)

edit: sorry third beer kicked in...aaaand it took 20min to write this ...and I switched into believer-mode during writing  Roll Eyes
ergo i can't realize if i wrote nonsense and i stop drunken posting for today and go out drinking more to find out where that bottom is tomorrow.

and i really like that bounce at 70

Activity: 202
Merit: 100
How do people think this drop is going to effect the mining economy?  Most of the avalon group buys were completed with BTCwell over $100 and the ROI's people were working to were based on that. I think a lot of noobs bought fresh BTC just to buy chips.

For the fabs who've been paid, and asicminer, it may be all good, but for everyone else it looks like a catastrophe to me?
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
My average buyin was at around 84, if this ship is going down, I will risk drowning and have some smallish bids left at mid 50s. If we end up below 35.. hell.. I'd mobilize quality money for that.

It's the first time for me to admit that we are in a downtrend right now, but I'm a bull in denial and don't want to miss the train. And there are other ways to counter falling USD/BTC like BtcTc and others.

My feeling tells me this isn't over yet. There is way too much optimism left and too less tears for a full blown trend reversal. Volume isn't that huge also. Mid 50 is major psychological mark for many and I expect quite a bumpy ride, but the slower we arrive there, the less explosive power there will remain.

Most of the price rush from end of march on was driven by a huge hype etc.. if we would substract all that, it's around 50 again. I'm too new to know, but I would really like to know about the rise from 10-15 till 50. Furthermore I would love to know how much the fundamentals have changed since then in relation to the time before. From my perspective there were many great news, but as mentioned before, I'm too new to know, if it was like that since always - with new investors, media coverage, better infrastructure, rising awareness, more acceptance and so on.. but anyway, it happened and will have a positive impact on Bitcoin's value.

Those are my reasons to call 50 and 30-35 as worst worst worst case. Smiley

Only one thing  i'd like to address: Fundamentals haven't changed.
Hype is NOT part of it. Hype pricing is deflating.
Find the price just before the hype add a premium for "new investors, media coverage, better infrastructure, rising awareness" and you'l get the true value of the coin. My take, between 30 - 50 also .

I agree with Gizmoh here, hype is gone. I'm kinda more pessimistic though, thinking we might even see some 20~ coins...
Activity: 168
Okay so the daily schedule as of now is (1) fall ~$15, (2) go back up ~$5 to the nearest round $10 point, (3) wait for the next crash?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
My average buyin was at around 84, if this ship is going down, I will risk drowning and have some smallish bids left at mid 50s. If we end up below 35.. hell.. I'd mobilize quality money for that.

It's the first time for me to admit that we are in a downtrend right now, but I'm a bull in denial and don't want to miss the train. And there are other ways to counter falling USD/BTC like BtcTc and others.

My feeling tells me this isn't over yet. There is way too much optimism left and too less tears for a full blown trend reversal. Volume isn't that huge also. Mid 50 is major psychological mark for many and I expect quite a bumpy ride, but the slower we arrive there, the less explosive power there will remain.

Most of the price rush from end of march on was driven by a huge hype etc.. if we would substract all that, it's around 50 again. I'm too new to know, but I would really like to know about the rise from 10-15 till 50. Furthermore I would love to know how much the fundamentals have changed since then in relation to the time before. From my perspective there were many great news, but as mentioned before, I'm too new to know, if it was like that since always - with new investors, media coverage, better infrastructure, rising awareness, more acceptance and so on.. but anyway, it happened and will have a positive impact on Bitcoin's value.

Only one thing  i'd like to address: Fundamentals haven't changed.
Hype is NOT part of it. Hype pricing is deflating.
Find the price just before the hype add a premium for "new investors, media coverage, better infrastructure, rising awareness" and you'l get the true value of the coin. My take, between 30 - 50 also .
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

0 and a lawsuit are my worst worst worst cases. 
I like your worst case instead. 
Sell me some insurance? Smiley

Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
Seems to me, or Bitstamp looks for cheap coin again soon?

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer

0 and a lawsuit are my worst worst worst cases. 
I like your worst case instead. 
Sell me some insurance? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
You know what would be great? If campbx wouldn't SUCK ASS and come back online!

I am getting a shit ton of Coin orders now that the price is dropping and I would love to cash out and buy back low, but no Campbx is terrible and is down constantly.

Sorry needed to vent!
Activity: 177
Lol, this wall was a joke, eaten in 1-2 minutes Smiley

it opened a way for a new downwards trend.

That low of the day @ $65.42 isn't going to last at this rate.  Buyers might start to re-group in the 50s.
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Can't upload avatar
I'm scared.
Tomorrow I'm going fishing, and don't want any whales.
Must call Inuits and Japanese to help me sort thing out.
maybe he needed coins for purchase on the SR  Wink
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Feeling good about my decision to buy USB Miners for 1BTC and resell for about $180 a piece on ebay this past week!

Those puppies would've never gotten you that much.
yes, he was a joker ...
Jump to: