Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32721. (Read 26469474 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
new prediction: 180$ in 12-20 business days  Cool

until then?

paint the bottom

$51
I don't think the bears have enough ammo to break to $50 or below.

I think the bulls have more ammo then they are leading on, and bears well bears are stupid BUY BUY BUY!!!

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
@Trolls: I have an ignore button and I will not hesitate to use it
@Troll-feeders: I have an ignore button and if you keep bringing bullshit from trolls out of the ignored posts into my stream, I will use it. i would prefer to have a checkbox "ignore replies to trolls" though.

It's all my perception and of course really crazy events aren't included in this scenario, but even with a ban in some countrys it's value won't be zero though. Wink

I agree.  Bitcoin is resilient to law.  It is not resilient from technology.
Any of the largest governments, and even some of the large banks, if they wanted Bitcoin gone, could 51% it.  They could 90% it.  We are a mote.  No mistaking it, we can go to zero.
I am optimistic, I think this will not happen, but I also recognize that it might.

I'm not so sure that would work. After a 51% we would essentially have two chains. An accidental 51% is complicated because everyone has to choose sides or be left out. Here they would assume control of their chain, but no one would want to catch up to that fork. We will all remain in our new btc-2 chain, and ignore the gov' controlled one.

At least that's how I understand it would go, but I'm no expert. Any blockchain guru out there can confirm?

Yeah, an attack would be easy for some random smallish bank. In fact there is little we can do to find out if it's already happening. Any evil party investing in ASIC makes it less attractive for good players to invest in it, as presumably enough people protect the net already. An attacker's block would not be distinguishable from a good node's block. The attacker could soak up all mining profits and leave the rest with just stale blocks until they all give up. At this point the attacker could arbitrarily mess with the block chain and block random transactions. One day all that have an "e" as third letter, the other day all with even fees. Good luck "picking a chain".
The problem I see is that any miner who is profitable, will be more profitable with more equipment so I think it is inevitable that some day some miner will just accidentally have 60% of the hashing power, unless people people begin to understand "mining" as a service and maybe start calling it "securing".
Are you mining? Are you securing? The latter would not imply profits and only not for profit securing of the network will keep the consolidation of the mining industry under control.
This accidentally successful 60% miner could now play around and check if people notice if just causes 10% stale blocks with his competition. As this would be not for free for him, neither, he would loose 8% to stale blocks, too, but end up doing 2% more profit (than the others who loose 10%, and that's all that counts in mining) at the cost of the others who will now be more likely to give up mining. Slippery slope is slippery. Better call it "securing".
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
Are you happy to pay ~30% of your profit, effectively erasing all otherwise would-be profits made from a price decrease in the range of $100 to ~$77?

Capital gain taxes are horrible, and I'm sorry for anyone being extorted that way. That being said, avoiding taxes can be a very bad investment advisor. One can easily lose a lot more in an investment than in taxes. This is again proven with bitcoin since the bubble popped. Anyone that locked in profits between $250 and $130 is ahead over holding, even after paying 30% taxes on the gains. Don't let the government interfere with your common sense to sell high and buy low. Easier said then done, I admit.

I don't "worry" a whole lot about the underlying value, I'm holding roughly 95% in bitcoin and 5% in fiat and I sleep like a baby, and the only reason I hold any fiat at all is to buy back cheaper and increase the amount of bitcoins I own.

How can you buy considerably more btc when you only have 5% cash and 95% in btc?

This can only mean your capital is very small compared to your income. A situation I assume you want to change however going all in, even at a bottom, is very poor risk management, so chances are low that you will hold on to any capital you succeed in building up, as all-in strategies lead to ruin, sooner or later.

I understand that if your capital is low compared to your income, and your income is secure, that you are able to handle the risk to invest all your capital in bitcoin. However, if successful a switch of strategy is crucial in my opinion. Considering you have bought lots of coins during the depression of 2011, you have already 50 folded your invested capital around the recent top, but still you have not switched to an even somewhat more balanced strategy. This does not look healthy to me. I could be wrong, I'm judging based on very little information I have from your situation.

Well there you go, it really is that simple, more BTC is what it's all about, just like I said. USD is a means to an end.

I strongly disagree. In investment it's not about how many bitcoins, gold ounces, real estate, or stocks that you are able to accumulate. It's about how much value/purchasing power you are able to build up.

You are thinking like a gold bug, or real estate bug, or stock bug. Sooner or later a decades long bear market arrives and they lose most of their purchasing power. At least they can say that it will go up again sometime in the future (though since it can take decades they might not be there anymore to experience it). With bitcoin nothing of the kind! Hard to imagine now but bad news can come in strides and a combination of development disagreements, outlawing by some major government and competition can seal the faith of bitcoin. So being a bitcoin bug is even more irrational as you cannot say with any historical certainty that if will come back sooner or later.

I'm sorry for being so confrontational but honestly I'm stunned to see this typical bitcoin bull talk still expressed today after the market proved you so wrong. Either I am missing something here or you are.
Activity: 448
Jarojaw backwards is giving people false hope. I wonder how many deniers are praying that he's actually a really rich guy about to make a $100M buy order.

CampBX spotty all day, their explanation is something about how the bitcoin-bound portion of their trading engine is 20-30x slower than the 20ms trading engine itself, and they are working on a way around this that still retains the "bitcoin-bound" portion, and the "other exchanges" just work around this by doing everything completely off-chain. They say they will have a fix by the end of the month and by then they will be "more like NYSE and less like MtGox."

This is according to their Facebook. Note that I make no claim to the technical accuracy of this information and whether or not they're talking out of their ass. To me, it just seems like yet another bitcoin exchange failing miserably at scaling to volume during significant price moves.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

until then?

paint the bottom

$51
I don't think the bears have enough ammo to break to $50 or below.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Activity: 406
is my Bull movement ok .. time to move up buddy.

Activity: 256
Merit: 100
Risk-hedging platform for cryptocurrency investors
blah blah

Anyone can sit here and say wait, watch, it's coming, wait for it, and then a real whale unleashes and you say "see I told you I was going to do that" Hey guess what me too, along with 90% of the other forum users. Wait for it.

My finger is on the buy btc button, hold onto your pants. I'm moving some funds b/c i might make larger order. I don't spam 0.001-ish orders. I execute MASSSIVE market orders, when/if i trade.

Blah blah blah.

So when/if you do and you "claim" it was you how will you prove it? I have an idea, just before you execute the buy order why don't you take a screen shot of the order being placed. Or better yet make a small video of your computer screen while your executing these massive buys. If you do this I will personally kiss your ass and apologize for being rude. Until then, please stfu

Gentlemen, Please!
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

until then?

paint the bottom and make your way up to 180
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
blah blah

Anyone can sit here and say wait, watch, it's coming, wait for it, and then a real whale unleashes and you say "see I told you I was going to do that" Hey guess what me too, along with 90% of the other forum users. Wait for it.

My finger is on the buy btc button, hold onto your pants. I'm moving some funds b/c i might make larger order. I don't spam 0.001-ish orders. I execute MASSSIVE market orders, when/if i trade.

Blah blah blah.

So when/if you do and you "claim" it was you how will you prove it? I have an idea, just before you execute the buy order why don't you take a screen shot of the order being placed. Or better yet make a small video of your computer screen while your executing these massive buys. If you do this I will personally kiss your ass and apologize for being rude. Until then, please stfu

As posted earlier by me, keep your eye(s) on Moody. You will see a larger buy order than in BTC's history. That should be sufficient evidence, as nothing such has ever happened and I'm calling it here, shortly before the occurrence.

I'll probably take some screenshots too.
blah blah

Blah blah blah.

Fiat is stinky beans imho. I plan to unload massive USD realllll soon.
Obvious troll is obvious.

Let me presume that you refer to "Jaroslaw." Yes I agree, if that is your intention.

Otherwise, you need a attitude adjustment. Stop the insults/accusations for little/no reason.

Your user name is Jaroslaw spelled backwards. Does this guy think we are idiots?

Too much pressure on Jaroslaw... It is his mental twin who want BTC price on a never seen high
Ultranode
blah blah

until then?
Obvious troll is obvious.

Let me presume that you refer to "Jaroslaw." Yes I agree, if that is your intention.

Otherwise, you need a attitude adjustment. Stop the insults/accusations for little/no reason.

Your user name is Jaroslaw spelled backwards. Does this guy think we are idiots?
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
You know what would be great? If campbx wouldn't SUCK ASS and come back online!

I am getting a shit ton of Coin orders now that the price is dropping and I would love to cash out and buy back low, but no Campbx is terrible and is down constantly.

Sorry needed to vent!

That's why you keep coins on 3-4 different exchanges.

CampBX shuts down? No problem! 75% of my trading stash is still accessible. Comes back online? Great, now I have 100% again! Sure, trading on multiple exchanges sucks... until one of them goes down and them you remember why you put up with that...

You still only really need to deposit fiat to one exchange. You can get "fiat" on any other exchange by transfering coins there and selling. See, even with BTC at $5.00 you can still use it to transfer $10,000 from Virwox to Bitstamp to manage the risk of too much fiat on one exchange. Cool beans.

You're so full of shit.

If you don't name a date, time, and/or price with the amount of money you're going to spend then nobody here is going to believe you. Nor should they because you're some noob talking out of your ass.

Ultranode
I stopped with Campbx b/c everyone of my orders crashed the system. Apparently, the engine has issues with MASSIVE six-figures dollarz market orders (only way I do it, i hate 0.00001 bots w/ passions).
You know what would be great? If campbx wouldn't SUCK ASS and come back online!

I am getting a shit ton of Coin orders now that the price is dropping and I would love to cash out and buy back low, but no Campbx is terrible and is down constantly.

Sorry needed to vent!

That's why you keep coins on 3-4 different exchanges.

CampBX shuts down? No problem! 75% of my trading stash is still accessible. Comes back online? Great, now I have 100% again! Sure, trading on multiple exchanges sucks... until one of them goes down and them you remember why you put up with that... It's annoying until some major price move then you find yourself unable to do ANYTHING, just sitting there watching the ticker with your jaw dropping as you lose 10%, 20%, 30% of your investment.

You still only really need to deposit fiat to one exchange. You can get "fiat" on any other exchange by transfering coins there and selling. See, even with BTC at $5.00 you can still use it to transfer $10,000 from Virwox to Bitstamp to manage the risk of too much fiat on one exchange. Cool beans.

It wasn't much. I only had 22 BTC worth of orders come through on my Campbx account. That is the account I use for collecting payments when selling Casascius Coins. The problem was I wanted to get in and release them so I could them back at $55 and make an extra 4.4 coins (20%) I love trading in times like these.
Jump to: