Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32793. (Read 26468874 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
I'm talking about people being happy and pushing for it. Like Blitz for example - moderator on main bitcoin forum, just look at his posts since he sold. He was nowhere to be seen here but last few days can't stop posting same stuff.. If crash is something that is supposed to happen, I really don't think long time Bitcoin backers should publicly be happy about it, it's an awful thing to read by some noob who's considering going into cryptocurrency.

Kinda lame but I guess that's how it is..
Obviously anyone wanting the price of bitcoins to fall is a speculator and not a Bitcoin person.

In fact from what I've seen, both sides tend to look down at each other. Bitcoiners look down on speculators as moron gamblers, while speculators look down on Bitcoiners as cultists.

This being the speculation folder in a Bitcoin forum, there's an inherent conflict of interest present.

Don't worry. Once the speculators have re-bought, they'll be more pro-Bitcoin than the most rabid Libertarian or crypto-geek.

In the meanwhile, every day more businesses start accepting bitcoins and Bitcoin-related startups get closer to opening for business. When was the last time any merchant announced that they were discontinuing accepting bitcoins?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Shit,

I had my buy order at $88.68. The low was at 88.75. I missed the price by $0.07

Angry

Dont worry you'l get you order filled soon, but you may worry more afterwards..
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Shit,

Angry

You were lucky ... you can buy lower soon Tongue

We'll see.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
Currency is an investment, why else have it?

Currency is a tool to make transactions replacing the old Barter system.  This is why all currencies moved off of the gold standard a long time ago.

The more I watch these swings, the more I realize we need inflation.

I think you are confusing inflation with volatility.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
It's obvious that guy shouldn't be a mod here.
Exactly, noone should be allowed to have a bearish opinion on Bitcoin prices.

For the bulls who have been criticising me, here's a serious post with fundamental analysis I made over two months ago on the bearish outlook (price was in the 130s at the time): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1957530

Maybe that will help you guys understand my way of thinking.

Being bearish is OK, we're pretty much all bearish at this moment.

Trolling bearish stuff twice an hour to spread that bearish sentiment even more to rebuy again rather sooner than later is another pair of gloves.

You're close to become another Jaroslaw and that's not a compliment  Wink

Exactly. A mod on a bitcoin forum spreading fud is ridiculous. And not just any kind of fud but totally insane predictions trying to scare new people.
I hope his mod status will be taken away asap.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
God, I'm tired of watching this! Someone just PM me when it's time to buy. lol

ok when we have bought, we'll send PM you to, you bought from us. LOL  Wink

Now I don't trust ya. Lol  driving its hard to respond.  Shocked
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
I really don't think long time Bitcoin backers should publicly be happy about it, it's an awful thing to read by some noob who's considering going into cryptocurrency.

No, it's a great thing for newcomers to have the opportunity to buy at prices that more closely match reality. What's bad for newcomers is getting sucked in near the top of the parabolic price action.

Trolling bearish stuff twice an hour to spread that bearish sentiment even more to rebuy again rather sooner than later is another pair of gloves.
I haven't executed any trade for weeks and be assured, I have no illusions of my opinions moving the price, and if that's the case, then it was destined to happen sooner or later when someone else's expression causes it. My posting is certainly not because I want to "move" anything but because I enjoy it. No fun allowed? Cheesy

PS: I haven't been shorting Bitcoin and don't plan to, if someone wonders.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Currency is a tool to make transactions replacing the old Barter system.  This is why all currencies moved off of the gold standard a long time ago.

The more I watch these swings, the more I realize we need inflation.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Shit,

Angry
Activity: 182
Activity: 238
Well, I understand we all want to make our bitcoin positions better but it's still sad to see what we've became.. we supposedly want bitcoin to be mass adapted yet we are happy it's crashing and people losing belief in it..

Greed is some bad bastard, it could break our heads at some time  Undecided

The problem is that since there is a fixed amount of BTC, it incentivizes people to hoard it.  Which then causes them to panic dump it when the price falls.  What we need is a cryptocurrency with enough inflation to deincentive saving (hording).

Go buy Freicoin then.  I won't be joining you since I don't like to buy depriciating assets...

Well, that's the point.  You're not supposed to want to buy a currency as an investment - that defeats the point of a currency.  That's why BTC being "more like a commodity" is exactly why it has these giant swings.  The point of a currency is to facilitate transactions, not to provide a return to speculators.  No one should be hoarding them, they should be investing / spending them.

A truly functional cryptocurrency would have a definite rate of inflation to make sure people aren't just sitting on them.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

For the bulls who have been criticising me, here's a serious post with fundamental analysis I made over two months ago on the bearish outlook (price was in the 130s at the time): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1957530

Being bearish is OK, we're pretty much all bearish at this moment.

You're close to become another Jaroslaw and that's not a compliment  Wink
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider

Who said you can't have an opinion? Certainly not me.
It's your beaviour that doesn't belong here as a mod.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Don't quite agree, bubble brought loads of publicity bitcoin wouldn't get otherwise so it was good thing. Some got burned, some came to stay.

And crash is not problem or correction or whatever we call it, I'm talking about people being happy and pushing for it. Like Blitz for example - moderator on main bitcoin forum, just look at his posts since he sold. He was nowhere to be seen here but last few days can't stop posting same stuff.. If crash is something that is supposed to happen, I really don't think long time Bitcoin backers should publicly be happy about it, it's an awful thing to read by some noob who's considering going into cryptocurrency.

Don't know about that, guess he was valuable member enough to become one but it's really lame what he is doing last few days. That's not how moderator on this forum should behave.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
Well, I understand we all want to make our bitcoin positions better but it's still sad to see what we've became.. we supposedly want bitcoin to be mass adapted yet we are happy it's crashing and people losing belief in it..

The problem is that since there is a fixed amount of BTC, it incentivizes people to hoard it.  Which then causes them to panic dump it when the price falls.  What we need is a cryptocurrency with enough inflation to deincentive saving (hording).

Go buy Freicoin then.  I won't be joining you since I don't like to buy depriciating assets...

+1.

Central bankcoin
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

Don't quite agree, bubble brought loads of publicity bitcoin wouldn't get otherwise so it was good thing. Some got burned, some came to stay.

And crash is not problem or correction or whatever we call it, I'm talking about people being happy and pushing for it. Like Blitz for example - moderator on main bitcoin forum, just look at his posts since he sold. He was nowhere to be seen here but last few days can't stop posting same stuff.. If crash is something that is supposed to happen, I really don't think long time Bitcoin backers should publicly be happy about it, it's an awful thing to read by some noob who's considering going into cryptocurrency.

Jump to: