Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32789. (Read 26468916 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Put things in perspective and relax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l81E7LhWP8w

Even in the bitcoin world, put it in this perspective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onMq0NHEEpo

4/10/13
Never forget!  Cheesy

I like the background score. It fits. It sucks but I was in the hospital during that whole event and missed it. I was kind of watching it on my phone but so out of it that I really didn't know what was going on.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Put things in perspective and relax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l81E7LhWP8w

Even in the bitcoin world, put it in this perspective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onMq0NHEEpo

4/10/13
Never forget!  Cheesy

Lol, that is amazing video. Price going from 120 to 180 and back in millisecond, lol
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
People who are refusing to deal with altcoins, specially when Bitcoin is in trouble are dumb IMO. There are so many of them if you catch 10% of pumps you'll be good as much as Bitcoin is failing.

And why couldn't altcoins fall just as hard or harder than bitcoin (just like silver tends to fall faster than gold on the way down)?  Just because they might not have done that so far, doesn't mean they won't in the future.
You seem to be assuming that altcoins will take up a larger market share for sure.
Excuse me but why stay for long there? Trading is our hobby here isn't it?

I am not sure what you mean.  Are you saying you are just buying to sell to a greater fool?
I trade - I don't see fools or smart guys.
I ride the wave hoping I won't get buried in it...
I meant fool in this way:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory

I am fine with trading, but only if I see the fundamental value in the underlying asset.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
People who are refusing to deal with altcoins, specially when Bitcoin is in trouble are dumb IMO. There are so many of them if you catch 10% of pumps you'll be good as much as Bitcoin is failing.

And why couldn't altcoins fall just as hard or harder than bitcoin (just like silver tends to fall faster than gold on the way down)?  Just because they might not have done that so far, doesn't mean they won't in the future.
You seem to be assuming that altcoins will take up a larger market share for sure.

I am not sure what you mean.  Are you saying you are just buying to sell to a greater fool?
I trade - I don't see fools or smart guys.
I ride the wave hoping I won't get buried in it...

EDIT: So we have ethics to discuss here? Don't think it's the right forum...
legendary
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

legendary
Duelbits.com

Of course they could fail but it's much more secure to be in many of them as a hedge against Bitcoin, specially those that are very cheap and bit of promising.

1-2 cents coins with a bit of community behind are much better choice to invest right now than Bitcoin. Yes, their networks are still risky but risk comes with crypto stuff. I'm fairly sure them coming to 10 cents at some tim are better bet than Bitcoin to 900$ Wink
legendary
Activity: 896
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
legendary

legendary
I say it and they don't listen! Especially for XRP.
Business is business - if I wanna express my faith I can go to a church and worship not a damn asset...
legendary
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

Activity: 371
Merit: 250
I am mostly out of BTC but still have some on ASICMINER that seems to resist pretty well and even work like some kind of hedge against bitcoin lower values. The lower bitcoin goes, the higher the ASICMINER share. I have calculated and a 20% down on BTCUSD would need a 24% increase on ASICMINER share to have both the same value in USD
With that data it might be interesting maybe to sell the shares and even if they get a higher valuation you would also be able to buy more BTC at a lower price being able to buy more shares lately. I am not taking in account here that ASICMINER shares are starting to look quite bubbleish to some people and they have a bigger inherent risk than bitcoin itself. Maybe i should sell the shares after all.

Any opinion on this?

I was on your same boat.

Sold my shares two days ago before this final (hedging) push up. I regret it atm but I still believe they are definitely going into a bubble. Asicminer depends on the btc economy whether you like it or not. Sooner or later they will correct. In hindsight I was kinda rash on my decision to sell, but truthfully there's not much volume there so waiting for a trend change is pretty risky. I'd say be very cautious if you hold.

Thanks a lot for the advice. It is increasing too fast lately and with one bubble i have had enough for now...

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
▼ mtgoxUSD    88.3101    
▼ bitstampUSD    81.5200    
▼ btceUSD    82.3030    

It just won't go away.
legendary
Duelbits.com

Specially those that have loads of BTC to invest in many alts for more security.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
supernode
In the meanwhile, fiat on Gox's order book reaches new lows from April. Bulls have only $2k-ish BTC guarding $88, that seems a very poor defense line.

I will destroy this wall before i go to bed, and you guys do the rest...
legendary
Interesting battle at 88+

Sad for BTC is that right now it is better if you want more coins to either go fiat or LTC/XRP (though the last ones tend to lose value against fiat when BTC crash)...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
In the meanwhile, fiat on Gox's order book reaches new lows since April. Bulls have only $2k-ish BTC guarding $88, that seems a very poor defense line.

Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Shit,

I had my buy order at $88.68. The low was at 88.75. I missed the price by $0.07

Angry

You were lucky ... you can buy lower soon Tongue

True  Grin

Do you want some more ? Shocked

So far I bought none BTC. I cancelled the order. Waiting for another opportunity.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
supernode
$70`s on Bitstamp this night sponsored by me Cheesy
Activity: 266
I am mostly out of BTC but still have some on ASICMINER that seems to resist pretty well and even work like some kind of hedge against bitcoin lower values. The lower bitcoin goes, the higher the ASICMINER share. I have calculated and a 20% down on BTCUSD would need a 24% increase on ASICMINER share to have both the same value in USD
With that data it might be interesting maybe to sell the shares and even if they get a higher valuation you would also be able to buy more BTC at a lower price being able to buy more shares lately. I am not taking in account here that ASICMINER shares are starting to look quite bubbleish to some people and they have a bigger inherent risk than bitcoin itself. Maybe i should sell the shares after all.

Any opinion on this?

I was on your same boat.

Sold my shares two days ago before this final (hedging) push up. I regret it atm but I still believe they are definitely going into a bubble. Asicminer depends on the btc economy whether you like it or not. Sooner or later they will correct. In hindsight I was kinda rash on my decision to sell, but truthfully there's not much volume there so waiting for a trend change is pretty risky. I'd say be very cautious if you hold.
Jump to: