Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32840. (Read 26468453 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
I think we did it.... Yup! we finally did it!

3 years of price discovery has all come down to one number 100$

woot woot now bitcoin can finally be stable

Lets Dance

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Pressure's building, soon its going to go Pop!

Well we had a 40k green candle and the price didn't budge, so we are going to need some serious firepower.

Or maybe some skyrocketing without firepower Grin

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE

Well we had a 40k green candle and the price didn't budge, so we are going to need some serious firepower.
Activity: 434

"Something will happen!"

I see what you did there.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com

like "pop to $180/Ƀ"?
legendary
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
legendary
Activity: 266
If users would take a few minutes to learn the basics of Ripple, they won't be scammed like morons.

People *are* morons. And assholes too. And greedy.
Sure. Which is why this has nothing to do with Ripple.

Even though we all agree, people are morons, Ripple is still too complex/hard to understand.

They are not doing a good job on the communication side of things, and they are not providing education at all.

When I first received my XRP, it was just an email, and then it goes more or less like this:

Email: 1k xrp there you go.. bam..
Now you're in Ripple wallet looking at this Trust tab, which you have no idea how it works, but hey you got XRP, sweet!
Now you come to the forum and some guy is doing a giveway: FREE XRP !! TRUST ME FOR 100USD TO GET 100 XRP !
And you can guess the rest...

If you have a new, different, weird paradigm shifting currency type/model/debtsystem/whatever; you better do a hell of a job explaining users (and I'm really talking about the layman here.. not forum rats like us) how to use it first, and how not to get scammed second.

EDIT: heck we don't even know what to call Ripple...
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
If users would take a few minutes to learn the basics of Ripple, they won't be scammed like morons.

Sure. Which is why this has nothing to do with Ripple.
Activity: 266
I really wish transfer between BTCe and Gox was easier.

Never though I would say this, but I really wish somebody could create Pegcoin, all the advantages of instant, decentralized transfer of bitcoin, but pegged to fiat currency value.  Obviously I prefer something with a limited supply like bitcoin, but for now it would certainly make arbitraging a lot easier...  Probably not a viable idea to implement though (not to mention the legal issues).

There's no way to peg a virtual currency to a fiat currency without a central "bank".  It defeats the whole purpose of a cryptocurrency, and it would require a central authority with a lot of money to keep the price pegged.

Makes no sense / not reasonably possible.

What if the only focus and objective of said coin were to keep your money out of your country's banking system and out of your Gov's grasp?

If I created an alt-coin where there is no mining, only proof of work (with fees), and coins are generated when someone buys them from a centralized organization. All coins accountable, so no "pre-mining" or dev advantage..

It's basically money 2.0 with a fresh start without frb.. I could call it.. Money-alt ?

It would enable all kinds of shady business tho..
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
I didn't realize this was the ripple thread. Excuse me while I go look for the MtGox thread. Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes
No. But only foolish people who care so little about money not to do a basic level of research will fall into this. If someone is careless enough to simply assume that extending trust is meaningless, without doing a modicum of research, he shouldn't be using Ripple. My advice to newbies: if you aren't willing to learn about Ripple, don't use it. Same goes for bitcoin -- lots of lost coins out there due to very careless people.

You should only trust an established business. If you want to trust your friend, just like IRL, he may never pay you back. I don't understand this idea that people need to trust everyone they know. That's just part of a marketing scheme to make Ripple more relevant to the average user. If my friends or family needed money, we'd figure out a way to get it to them. I don't need to extend trust to every single person (so that I never know whether or not my funds are liquid). If someone needs BTC, I can get them where they need to go easily and without any risk via Ripple.

I would agree insofar that people will make mistakes and get burned. Just like with everything else.

But that's just it.  Ripple is being marketed as a social network not a trusted exchange backbone system.
Totally. I don't advocate for how it is being marketed. I don't like OpenCoin and I think the way Ripple was rolled out was pretty scummy.

Still, I see great potential.
www.ripplescam.org

also tradefort's btc giveaway Cheesy

ripple is a long term scam with serious problems. i could steal over 100 btc today if i wanted to, using its flawed system to trade fake ious with legit ones seamlessly out of peoples wallets. to compare ripple to bitcoin is like comparing unicycles to ferraris.
Well aware of ripplescam.org and tradefortress. Nothing new there. With the former, again, I disagree with many aspects of Ripple's launch, but I don't see the issues outlined as exhibiting inherent flaws in the protocol -- not at all. And what about tradefortress? If users would take a few minutes to learn the basics of Ripple, they won't be scammed like morons.

And I am quite sure that you couldn't steal "over 100 btc today" through a trust scam. Make me a wager! You couldn't get anywhere close.

The only reason more than a negligible amount of BTC were stolen in the tradefortress fiasco was because a user offered up over 9 BTC, announced it on the forum, and told tradefortress to make his point. Hence, the IOUs were stolen.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Christ it's op_eval, BIP 16-17 all over again. Every thread is going to be about Ripple now.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
I really wish transfer between BTCe and Gox was easier.

Never though I would say this, but I really wish somebody could create Pegcoin, all the advantages of instant, decentralized transfer of bitcoin, but pegged to fiat currency value.  Obviously I prefer something with a limited supply like bitcoin, but for now it would certainly make arbitraging a lot easier...  Probably not a viable idea to implement though (not to mention the legal issues).

Ripple?

I haven't really looked into Ripple decently, but isn't it a lending system? 

Yes, like fiat itself.
legendary
Merit: 1002
I didn't realize this was the ripple thread. Excuse me while I go look for the MtGox thread. Roll Eyes

We all treat this as the lounge thread.  If you want to talk about MtGox, bring up an interesting point.
legendary
Merit: 1002
www.ripplescam.org

also tradefort's btc giveaway Cheesy

ripple is a long term scam with serious problems. i could steal over 100 btc today if i wanted to, using its flawed system to trade fake ious with legit ones seamlessly out of peoples wallets. to compare ripple to bitcoin is like comparing unicycles to ferraris.

You can only replace the legit ones with fake ones in the accounts of people who granted you trust.  It would be up to them to cover their losses or let it "ripple".
Jump to: