Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32836. (Read 26468516 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1246
It means SELL. Cheesy

We've been hearing this for weeks now, meanwhile bitcoin is still hovering around the same price it was three weeks ago. Just a few more days until my monthly fiat arrives on the exchange, usually this is the time a rally starts so I can buy high. Tongue
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
there is also a strong divergence in the chaikin money flow

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
You can just see the average size of the sells compared to the buys by watching the tape. (I wish there was a statistic that actually showed this??? Anyone?)

Money Flow Index (MFI) ?

I don't think it takes the size of the sells into account. That is really what I am looking for. But of note, look below at what JUST HAPPENED FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH THE CHALKIN MONEY FLOW. Hmmmmm

Money Flow - Chaikin Money Flow measures buying and selling pressure for a given period of time.
As a volume-weighted version of RSI, the Money Flow Index (MFI) can be interpreted similar to RSI. The big difference is, of course, volume. Because volume is added to the mix, the Money Flow Index will act a little differently than RSI. Theories suggest that volume leads prices.
Overbought and oversold levels can be used to identify unsustainable price extremes. Typically, MFI above 80 is considered overbought and MFI below 20 is considered oversold.
Quotes taken from - http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:money_flow_index_mfi

Chalkin Money Flow - Overbought and oversold levels can be used to identify unsustainable price extremes. Typically, MFI above 80 is considered overbought and MFI below 20 is considered oversold.
Chaikin Money Flow can be used to define a general buying or selling bias simply with positive or negative values. The indicator oscillates above/below the zero line. Generally, buying pressure is stronger when the indicator is positive and selling pressure is stronger when the indicator is negative.

While this zero line cross seems simple enough, the reality is much choppier. Chaikin Money Flow sometimes only briefly crosses the zero line with a move that turns the indicator barely positive or negative. There is no follow through and this zero line cross ends up becoming a whipsaw (bad signal). Chartists can filter these signals with buffers by setting the bullish threshold a little above zero (+.05) and the bearish threshold a little below zero (-.05).
Quotes taken from - http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:chaikin_money_flow

So, what might this mean?

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
You can just see the average size of the sells compared to the buys by watching the tape. (I wish there was a statistic that actually showed this??? Anyone?)

Money Flow Index (MFI) ?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Even with all the uncertainty around MtGox, the Bitcoins are returning and it's getting clearer and clearer that it's not worth 100.

Time to sell.

Also, the daily BB width is the lowest it's been since $30 or so. A massive impulsive moves is before us, and it's most probably down.

Regarding a Bollinger Band Sqeeze: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/technical/04/030304.asp
Noteable quote:

When Bollinger Bands® are far apart, volatility is high, and when they are close together, it is low. A squeeze is triggered when volatility reaches a six-month low and is identified when Bollinger Bands® reach a six-month minimum distance apart.

Now, we are not at a 6 months low (BUT, it is only during the recent rise that BB widened. It is at its LOWEST rate since the rise got notable). There seems to be much more selling pressure than buying pressure. (So many of us are betting the squeeze is down). You can just see the average size of the sells compared to the buys by watching the tape. (I wish there was a statistic that actually showed this??? Anyone?)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Hoping for my euros to hit Gox soon..
Keep loading up!
$200usd/btc by xmas
$1000usd/btc by xmas 2016
Yum yum cheap coins..  Tongue
Activity: 841
The calm before the storm, you can feel the tension in the air Grin
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
Activity: 378
Activity: 854
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 266
Even with all the uncertainty around MtGox, the Bitcoins are returning and it's getting clearer and clearer that it's not worth 100.

Time to sell.

Also, the daily BB width is the lowest it's been since $30 or so. A massive impulsive moves is before us, and it's most probably down.

Yes. Volume might even be lower...
Jump to: