Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32891. (Read 26467929 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Yet another good news for Bitcoin...  Roll Eyes

everyones getting ready to go mainstream  Wink
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Yet another good news for Bitcoin...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
AurumXChange (http://blog.aurumxchange.com/):

Dear Customers,

Effective immediately, we are discontinuing all business operations pending a business model review. At this time we are unsure when, and if we will resume operations in the future.

We want to sincerely thank all our partners and customers for their support throughout all these years.

At the time of this writing, we have no pending orders, however, if you have any questions regarding any order, please direct it to our help desk.

If you have unredeemed VouchX codes, please contact our support department as well for further instructions.

Thank you
AurumXchange
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
More long squeeze on Bitfinex.

On the bright side... it frees some funds for those wanting to leverage long.  Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
complete TA-newbie here...just one question:

can somebody define how deep/long that handle should/can grow (in case one can call that a cup there Tongue) ?
until we go upupup of course Grin

...and in addition to above question show me where in time there ever was a typical cup and handle pattern in the bitcoin market.

well....never...depends on how you set the factor of time

To join in on the armchair TA in here: Are we seeing another cup and handle forming? Just need to form a nice handle before we have lift off. Grin *makes a wish while looking at IAS's fading shooting star*

i related to that one and just wanted to hear some more armchair TA Cheesy
Activity: 66
Merit: 10

can somebody define how deep/long that handle should/can grow (in case one can call that a cup there Tongue) ?

...and in addition to above question show me where in time there ever was a typical cup and handle pattern in the bitcoin market.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Metacoin Enthusiast
That dump recovered valiantly. I am very confident in 120 in <48 hours.

I think the price increase is correlated to the prevention of USD withdrawals on Gox, which drives up price from US deposits and buys only.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
That dump recovered valiantly. I am very confident in 120 in <48 hours.
Just a some picture about recent dump

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
To join in on the armchair TA in here: Are we seeing another cup and handle forming? Just need to form a nice handle before we have lift off. Grin *makes a wish while looking at IAS's fading shooting star*
What you're seeing today is the late comers who are reacting to the official announcement.

And I'm trying to see if they are reacting like this:
"OMG, get my funds out of MtGox ASAP!!!"

Or rather:
"Price is going to go up.. buy buy buy!"
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

You just keep trying with your shooting stars won't you? This one won't form either, I can asure you. Just panic buy already, you're not getting your crash. Tongue

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Sure.
Go into the margin section.
There you can see the remaining available long/short position.

Compare it to what it was 1-2 days ago and you can have a pretty good idea of the positions taken.

Of course there's always the possibility of people just leaving the exchange.

Very interesting, thanks. Is the available amount directly linked to available lendings or are those things seperated? Or: does the number change, if someone decides to stop lending his coins or fiat?
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Bitfinex (Bitstamp) now @ $103.50 and people are still leveraged long up to their ears.

Good luck unloading.  Grin

Does what your getting at rhyme with Brash but sort of have the opposite outcome?  Grin

Me? NooOOOOOooo, I would never...  Cheesy

I've been asking all day to see who's leaving MtGox, as many people are saying is happening...
I've got a single answer (with limited BTCs).

My guess is everyone bought thinking the price would go up
and now they are all looking at each other thinking "Oh... It didn't happen... Uh oh..."

Also, Bitifinex isn't very liquid. With more than 2k BTC leveraged long, that could take a long time to sell.

I didn't buy today to leave Gox but I did 2 days ago. I bought and moved 550 Bitcoin elsewhere then sold them.

One of my wires went missing the day this issue started so I saw something was wrong and I acted on it straight away. I had $60k on Gox at the time which I reduced to zero.

The only reason the price went up 2-3 days ago was people buying to leave in anticipation of there being a problem based on increasing reports of missing wires.

What you're seeing today is the late comers who are reacting to the official announcement.

The only reason I noticed this is I did another wire one day before this and it was processed immediately and credited to my bank account 24 hours later.

It is happening but it just started a few days before the official announcement based on the rumours.
Jump to: