Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32888. (Read 26467929 times)

FNG
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Woke up and accessed clark moody about 800 into that huge buy. Todays going to be a good day lol  Grin
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
2500 BTC buy! Holy slippage batman!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I was wondering: why would anyone set up a wall on 99.80, when there is no almost depth till 90? I'd say there might be a dumping round 2 on Bitstamp.

But it's strange. If those were goxcoins, why would they take such a high price difference? Or was cashing out via gox never intended at all and high rollers knew already, that they have to use another exchange? Well okay, they didn't buy at 114.48 and sold at 90 of course - it's something inbetween and maybe not that huge difference at all.

But it's all speculation..

I suspect a panic by weak hands holding MTGox USD not the high rollers. Hence the dump on Bitstamp.

Agreed, but dumps on bitstamp need to be in proportion to MtGox buy-ups for that thesis to make sense.  We've only seen a handful of buy-ups and dumps.  If MtGox stays stable (as it is), I wouldn't expect prices to go down on bitstamp.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
can someone show me a copy of the gox official announcement

I stopped using gox months ago

https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130620.html
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
can someone show me a copy of the gox official announcement

I stopped using gox months ago
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
I was wondering: why would anyone set up a wall on 99.80, when there is no almost depth till 90? I'd say there might be a dumping round 2 on Bitstamp.

But it's strange. If those were goxcoins, why would they take such a high price difference? Or was cashing out via gox never intended at all and high rollers knew already, that they have to use another exchange? Well okay, they didn't buy at 114.48 and sold at 90 of course - it's something inbetween and maybe not that huge difference at all.

I suspect a panic by weak hands holding MTGox USD not the high rollers. Hence the dump on Bitstamp.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

legendary
Monero Core Team
With BitStamp trading as low as 90 USD while MTGox held at over 109 USD this is a huge spread.

Theory. With USD withdrawals delayed for up to 2 weeks on gox, people who need the US dollars (and don't have an account in another major currency) are moving coins to bitstamp and carpet-bombing the bids.

Yes this is true but it also creates the opportunity to arbitrage using Euros by placing trades on the MTGox Euro market that get executed on the MTGox US dollar market effectively withdrawing the US dollars out of MTGox as Euros.
With BitStamp trading as low as 90 USD while MTGox held at over 109 USD this is a huge spread.

Theory. With USD withdrawals delayed for up to 2 weeks on gox, people who need the US dollars (and don't have an account in another major currency) are moving coins to bitstamp and carpet-bombing the bids.

I think most people at this point are speculators who don't *need* this cash day-to-day.  The panic is speculation driven, not cash flow driven.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

legendary
Monero Core Team
With BitStamp trading as low as 90 USD while MTGox held at over 109 USD this is a huge spread when compared to a 2.5% exchange fee between USD and EUR
Activity: 179
Whats up with clarkmoody, orders are flowing like diarrhea.
... there's no sense in holding fiat at MtGox...
MtGox will be at 180 in 6 business days

Or maybe some bears from Europe will show up on MTGox a lot sooner. They are likely asleep now.

i'm not going to ask if the MtGox EUR market is sperate from the MtGox USD market, because I fear my head will explode if i do

They are not separate. https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20800336-Multi-Currency-Trading, which is why there may be some very interesting action in a few hours.

They are quasi-the-same.  Meaning the offers placed on the EUR book, also appear on the USD book.  However, since they appear at a 2.5% discount (currency-exchange fee) they aren't really competitive.  I think most big players play on the USD book since it has the most liquidity.

Either way, yeah, we may see movement in ~5 hrs when London wakes up.
legendary
Monero Core Team

Or maybe some bears from Europe will show up on MTGox a lot sooner. They are likely asleep now.

i'm not going to ask if the MtGox EUR market is sperate from the MtGox USD market, because I fear my head will explode if i do

They are not separate. https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20800336-Multi-Currency-Trading, which is why there may be some very interesting action in a few hours.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

legendary
Monero Core Team

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Back down to 90 on Bitstamp - what is going on?  This is the order book:

LOL!

In other words, if you were expecting to sell bitcoins there...  Cheesy

Just sold my $95.18 back in at $99.16 - $95 is too expensive.

At this price, I'd rather take the chance and keep my fiat in MtGox.

there's no sense in holding fiat at MtGox...
Back down to 90 on Bitstamp - what is going on?  This is the order book:

LOL!

In other words, if you were expecting to sell bitcoins there...  Cheesy

Just sold my $95.18 back in at $99.16 - $95 is too expensive.

At this price, I'd rather take the chance and keep my fiat in MtGox.
Jump to: