Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33077. (Read 26466099 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
awww, look at the bears coming out of the woodwork... agreeing with each other how obvious all of this was.

'k. Put your money where your mouth is and make a prediction where this trend takes us, short term. Everything else ("Silk road ... yadda yadda ... Bitcoin economy... wasn't stable in May after all") is just cheap talk.

I'll begin: within the next 24 hours, price won't go significantly below 100. If it falls below 100, it will rebound sharply to a value above 100 shortly afterwards. More likely though, we'll continue trading around 110.

Your turn Smiley

I'm not sure how making a post here puts any money where anyone's mouth is LOL.

I appreciate reading other people's analyses because we all have our own biases, and it's good to have them challenged. IMO, well considered opinions in combination with a quantitative target are much more valuable than meaningless short term price predictions pulled out of the derrière.

FTFY

... and it's "putting your money where your mouth is" because I go on record making a prediction based on my opinion, which gives someone else the chance to dig through my post history in a month from now, checking what my track record is.

Think of like that: if you don't make any predictions, you'll never be proven wrong. How boring.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Anyone seeing a trend with these 5 am dumps?

ASICMiner selling... China time zone.

Interesting notion ...

During this transition to ASIC mining technology, one entity - ASICMiner - has a very large share of mined coins. Perhaps they have more motivation to sell than the multitude of individual GPU miners that have been effectively replaced.

Lots of slippage when the dump occurs. There are well known techniques to slice orders and time them for more efficient executions, e.g. wait for bids to fill back in.  Why don't dumpers use them?

Because they are afraid of the other dumpers.  If they could all work in unison, they would - but it's like the Dilemma of the Commons, the one who dumps first gets the best price.  Once one or two of them break ranks, they trip over each other trying to sell fast, and it results in a rapid crash...   Remember, 99% of this market is still speculation.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
legendary
Merit: 1002
Sure, but we'll see it hit 108 first.

Quote.
Just 'cause.  Wink

Like I said... we'll see it hit 108 before we see it hit 140 Tongue
in defi we trust
Guys, I wanted to make you a favour... So I sold a little coins at $108.5... Just because I wanted the price to rebound UP, I know you feel bad when our beloved BTC crashes

Cheesy

you ... you ... you BEAR Smiley
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
volume doesnt look fantastic

i think we will go lower....
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Dumper are dumping!  Grin
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Interesting notion ...

During this transition to ASIC mining technology, one entity - ASICMiner - has a very large share of mined coins. Perhaps they have more motivation to sell than the multitude of individual GPU miners that have been effectively replaced.

Lots of slippage when the dump occurs. There are well known techniques to slice orders and time them for more efficient executions, e.g. wait for bids to fill back in.  Why don't dumpers use them?

They did use them around 120 area.

In other news: 10k wall at 105
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Guys, I wanted to make you a favour... So I sold a little coins at $108.5... Just because I wanted the price to rebound UP, I know you feel bad when our beloved BTC crashes

Cheesy

EDIT: you have to know my story first... I'm pretty good buying at the bottom (most of my bids are filled just before the price rebounds UP UP UP), but I'm terrible selling low (50% of the times I sell coins, it's at the very bottom... It happened to me when we touched $79 and happened again on Monday when I sold at $118ish and then price rebounded to $122ish.... Lucky me I only sell "play coins", the vast majority of my stash is in cold storage for good).

So, hopefully my stunt works, and $108.5 was the bottom for today. Placed bids with the fiat I got for that coins all the way till $91ish, let's see how it works out this time Wink
Activity: 686
Stephen Reed

Interesting notion ...

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
awww, look at the bears coming out of the woodwork... agreeing with each other how obvious all of this was.

'k. Put your money where your mouth is and make a prediction where this trend takes us, short term. Everything else ("Silk road ... yadda yadda ... Bitcoin economy... wasn't stable in May after all") is just cheap talk.

I'll begin: within the next 24 hours, price won't go significantly below 100. If it falls below 100, it will rebound sharply to a value above 100 shortly afterwards. More likely though, we'll continue trading around 110.

Your turn Smiley

I'm not sure how making a post here puts any money where anyone's mouth is LOL.

I appreciate reading other people's analyses because we all have our own biases, and it's good to have them challenged. IMO, well considered opinions are much more valuable than meaningless short term price predictions pulled out of the derrière.
in defi we trust
Bitcoin barometer is feeling bearish
http://mogsta.com/btc/
Activity: 564
Merit: 508
Looks like somebody is being concerned by BitStamp staying over 110$ Wink
Ask wall just apperared @111,84$.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100

in defi we trust
well, i might be able to buy back in after all!

i have not paid for that lambo yet!

Unless you got a racing course near by , don't bother.
I felt like I wasted 4 years of my life before giving my F430 a real drive.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Your turn Smiley

has your blood sugar got low again?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
It's just miners selling their day profits

These are not speculators selling yet, they are holding dearly to their bitcoin all the way down

Because we see 8k dumps every day from miners right.
Jump to: