Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33072. (Read 26466143 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Activity: 461
Merit: 251
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Hoarding is just another word for "saving"...Something more people with traditional fiat should do.

+1
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
in defi we trust
Do I have to remind you guys that keeping coins and not spending them means you're killing it as a currency?

But , again everbody is free to believe one day he's gonna be rich from bitcoins.
Glad I don't have this problem  Tongue Tongue

And BTW, i spend them too. And I donate to BTC  causes too. It's just that my stash tends to increase instead of decreasing, is that bad in your opinion?

That part of course not.
But too many people just hoard bitcoins and when they indeed have the pos. to spend them they chose cash because ... bitcoins value is going to skyrocket.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Community Manager at Letstalkbitcoin.com
Hoarding is just another word for "saving"...Something more people with traditional fiat should do.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Do I have to remind you guys that keeping coins and not spending them means you're killing it as a currency?

But , again everbody is free to believe one day he's gonna be rich from bitcoins.

And BTW, i spend them too. And I donate to BTC  causes too. It's just that my stash tends to increase instead of decreasing, is that bad in your opinion?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

That is completely false on many levels. We are investing in a future technology for starters. There are more than enough bits to go around.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

Do I need to remind you that complete and utter bs?
in defi we trust

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
legendary
Antifragile
Testing $105ish today? I think as soon as we touch it we will go through it like a hot knife through butter.

Next level to be tested will be $90ish, and next REAL support $80ish. Anyhow, as Oda said earlier I think testing $80 won't happen too soon. But honestly, I think the sooner the better. I wouldn't mind at all going rapidly to $50 and double bottoming it hard, with big volume. That would mean that the only way is UP, slowly, but UP. IMO that's the best case scenario for the bulls. Breaking ATH during this year is not happening IMO. And a rally to $165 won't happen any soon neither.

I enjoy reading your posts Rampion. You were talking about this the other day and I think I was split. There is a part of me that just doesn't want to trade out of something I believe in. Do you know what I mean?
But on the other hand, I'm thinking "Hey, maybe I can get more of what I believe in". And then there is the Angel over my shoulder saying "Don't be greedy, if BTC is successful, you will only need one."  Smiley

But realistically, I feel we go lower. The unknown variable is some good news coming out when we least expect it. If that happens on a down move after exiting a position, it creates a... headache. ehehehhe
I guess then, what you did, selling a smaller percentage (20% was it?) is reasonable. I'm debating that now...

And how about Coinseeker? Man, I really think it is two alter egos. Right now he is down. I don't know what to say. eheeheh
Not talking smack bro, just enjoying the diversity of the forum. We are sort of a soap opera here.

Anyway, I promise you this, if we do go substantially lower, say the 50 Euro level (no, not dollar level, there I would be taking loans out ;-), I will try to save every penny I can and buy more BTC... Because I believe in it...

I feel you. I usually do not sell coins, just buy more at dips. Sometime I sell a little "play money", like I did today at $108.5.

Obviously it would have felt GREAT to triple my coins during the crash from $266 to $50 and then back to $165. But honestly, I just holded what I had and bought more. I had a lot of bids filled (but I missed the biggest one which I pleaced at 39€ish), and I was lucky that I had a nice amount of fiat at the exchange. Catching the top is difficult for me, ad it's just that I cannot stand when I sell coins and I have to buy back at a loss. During the crash to $80ish I lost like 15BTC because I was temporarily blinded by greed... And I was reassured once again of what I already know, that I'm an investor and not a trader, that I do not like to sell coins, and I follow price just because I like to buy at the lowest price possible so my "average entry point" is way below the spot price.

Hope this made sense Wink

Beautiful post, I can relate.

And to your question...

legendary
I'm still wondering what the 7.5k btc buy at 1pm CET was all about. I didn't see it when it took place, but I'm pretty sure it was one big order.

Why would a whale buy right into the downtrend? He had a slippage alone of 3 or 4 USD. And why not wait a few hours longer and buy even cheaper.

It's too much volume to be a stabilizing move, in my opinion, but it doesn't make much sense otherwise. I'm puzzled.

If you really believe in BTC, perhaps a few dollars (or many) here and there doesn't really matter. When you see an opportunity to pick up a few (7.5k - I'm about 7.499 jealous) you do it.
I'm holding for the future, so I can imagine a guy with money, just buys it and says "I'll check again in 5 years."

Yeah. I'm in for the long haul. I'm quite happy with the amount of BTC I have, and I buy a little more with my spare cash. I don't have any intention of "cashing out" soon.

The truth is that I really believe that "you simply do not cash out from BTC". I would like to "cash out" from fiat. Yeah, I know - that's wishful thinking. But I guarantee I value much more the coins that the $, even if I need the $ to eat.

Call me crazy.
legendary
Antifragile
Testing $105ish today? I think as soon as we touch it we will go through it like a hot knife through butter.

Next level to be tested will be $90ish, and next REAL support $80ish. Anyhow, as Oda said earlier I think testing $80 won't happen too soon. But honestly, I think the sooner the better. I wouldn't mind at all going rapidly to $50 and double bottoming it hard, with big volume. That would mean that the only way is UP, slowly, but UP. IMO that's the best case scenario for the bulls. Breaking ATH during this year is not happening IMO. And a rally to $165 won't happen any soon neither.

I enjoy reading your posts Rampion. You were talking about this the other day and I think I was split. There is a part of me that just doesn't want to trade out of something I believe in. Do you know what I mean?
But on the other hand, I'm thinking "Hey, maybe I can get more of what I believe in". And then there is the Angel over my shoulder saying "Don't be greedy, if BTC is successful, you will only need one."  Smiley

Does that angel have a face of rpitella?  Grin

Honestly, for some reason I was thinking John Belushi from Animal House!  Grin   (Man I loved that guy)
But now that you mention it, I LOL'd. thx...
legendary

But realistically, I feel we go lower. The unknown variable is some good news coming out when we least expect it. If that happens on a down move after exiting a position, it creates a... headache. ehehehhe
I guess then, what you did, selling a smaller percentage (20% was it?) is reasonable. I'm debating that now...

And how about Coinseeker? Man, I really think it is two alter egos. Right now he is down. I don't know what to say. eheeheh
Not talking smack bro, just enjoying the diversity of the forum. We are sort of a soap opera here.

Anyway, I promise you this, if we do go substantially lower, say the 50 Euro level (no, not dollar level, there I would be taking loans out ;-), I will try to save every penny I can and buy more BTC... Because I believe in it...

I feel you. I usually do not sell coins, just buy more at dips. Sometime I sell a little "play money", like I did today at $108.5.

Obviously it would have felt GREAT to triple my coins during the crash from $266 to $50 and then back to $165. But honestly, I just holded what I had and bought more. I had a lot of bids filled (but I missed the biggest one which I pleaced at 39€ish), and I was lucky that I had a nice amount of fiat at the exchange. Catching the top is difficult for me, ad it's just that I cannot stand when I sell coins and I have to buy back at a loss. During the crash to $80ish I lost like 15BTC because I was temporarily blinded by greed... And I was reassured once again of what I already know, that I'm an investor and not a trader, that I do not like to sell coins, and I follow price just because I like to buy at the lowest price possible so my "average entry point" is way below the spot price.

Hope this made sense Wink
legendary
Antifragile
I'm still wondering what the 7.5k btc buy at 1pm CET was all about. I didn't see it when it took place, but I'm pretty sure it was one big order.

Why would a whale buy right into the downtrend? He had a slippage alone of 3 or 4 USD. And why not wait a few hours longer and buy even cheaper.

It's too much volume to be a stabilizing move, in my opinion, but it doesn't make much sense otherwise. I'm puzzled.

If you really believe in BTC, perhaps a few dollars (or many) here and there doesn't really matter. When you see an opportunity to pick up a few (7.5k - I'm about 7.499 jealous) you do it.
I'm holding for the future, so I can imagine a guy with money, just buys it and says "I'll check again in 5 years."
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Does that angel have a face of rpitella?  Grin
Jump to: