Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33089. (Read 26465983 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 252
Oh wow, there's even a trollbox, like BTC-e.

Everyone feeling elitist about trollbox, but we have our own and it is over 700 pages long  Grin
Oh wow, there's even a trollbox, like BTC-e.
Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Activity: 798
Damnit, I stopped looking for 2 hours and I miss a move.  Angry

Don't worry, that was just the trailer ... grab your popcorn  Tongue
Damnit, I stopped looking for 2 hours and I miss a move.  Angry

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Well that didn't last long.. bears retreated already?

In this market the bulls and bears are just watching from the side lines.  It the whales that rule.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Well that didn't last long.. bears retreated already?
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Activity: 461
Merit: 251
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Activity: 798
why else would I buy something using bitcoin instead of dollars?

Bitcoin is a deflationary currency. I bought coins back in 2011 and 2012, those have now massively increased in value. I'm kind of a minimalist so I don't buy much, but if I wanted to, I could now go to bitcoinstore.com or whatever and have purchasing power many times what I put in. So the first question to ask yourself is maybe, could it be worth buying bitcoin, and save them for later. So instead of buying the exact number you need to purchase something today, buy 10 times more than you need, or 100 times. And keep the money there for the day you will actually need it.

Yeah that's the point upon which we agree, it's a thing that could boom. Thing that I can sell 100 of in 10 years and get myself maybe a nice flat? I want to believe in that becuse, hell, who does not want to be rich Wink But otherwise its only USE that does not involve unnecessary hassle is silkroad. For all other uses there are traditional methods.

Sorry, I don't agree that just because it has massively increased in value in 2 years, you can call it a deflationary currency ... it's still a penny stock, not a currency
A penny stock that is exchanged for fiat on a few exchanges and accepted as payment for goods in some other places and also has some great embedded functionality
why else would I buy something using bitcoin instead of dollars?

Bitcoin is a deflationary currency. I bought coins back in 2011 and 2012, those have now massively increased in value. I'm kind of a minimalist so I don't buy much, but if I wanted to, I could now go to bitcoinstore.com or whatever and have purchasing power many times what I put in. So the first question to ask yourself is maybe, could it be worth buying bitcoin, and save them for later. So instead of buying the exact number you need to purchase something today, buy 10 times more than you need, or 100 times. And keep the money there for the day you will actually need it.

Yeah that's the point upon which we agree, it's a thing that could boom. Thing that I can sell 100 of in 10 years and get myself maybe a nice flat? I want to believe in that becuse, hell, who does not want to be rich Wink But otherwise its only USE that does not involve unnecessary hassle is silkroad. For all other uses there are traditional methods.
Eventually it will become valuable and adopted enough to be stable. At that point it will be a flourishing economy. Just look at liberty reserve and similar payment systems. They are doing great, without people like you. But I think bitcoin can even work for people like you, eventually, but we are many years off.

I do not know what you mean by "people like me". I belive in holding bitcoin, but I believe it's only use beside silkroad is holding so that it can be exchanged later for much much more than it could have on the day of buy.
Jump to: