Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33245. (Read 26463877 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked
Trading appears to have stopped, this seems suspicious

Edit:  One or two trades happening now, maybe everyone was just on a tea break
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
As this is our own FUD-spreading thread, let me quote you the email that the Blockchain.info operator got from Twilio, regarding a possible action against Bitcoin in China:

Hi Ben,

We got further information from our carrier confirming that business such as bitcoin is not a proper financial tool in China and the Authority may treat bitcoin as an illegal business. Unfortunately the China Telecom Authority has requested that all bit-coin traffic to China be blocked.

As the provider of the phone number, Twilio is responsible for assuring the carriers that no more traffic related to bitcoin will be sent to China. Therefore, I have removed your international SMS permission to China. Please do not turn this on or try sending SMS messages to mobile numbers in China. Doing so will very likely lead to immediate account suspension.

Again I'm sorry for the convenience. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Thanks,
Twilio Customer Support

Source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2243603

Any Chinese who want to buy will find a way, especially if it's banned.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
As this is our own FUD-spreading thread, let me quote you the email that the Blockchain.info operator got from Twilio, regarding a possible action against Bitcoin in China:

Hi Ben,

We got further information from our carrier confirming that business such as bitcoin is not a proper financial tool in China and the Authority may treat bitcoin as an illegal business. Unfortunately the China Telecom Authority has requested that all bit-coin traffic to China be blocked.

As the provider of the phone number, Twilio is responsible for assuring the carriers that no more traffic related to bitcoin will be sent to China. Therefore, I have removed your international SMS permission to China. Please do not turn this on or try sending SMS messages to mobile numbers in China. Doing so will very likely lead to immediate account suspension.

Again I'm sorry for the convenience. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Thanks,
Twilio Customer Support

Source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2243603
legendary

That's much better than before.

If you had the numbers for each dollar rotated 90 degrees it would be even better. Then you could display the $ amounts for every $ and not every 5.
legendary
While the relly at mt.gox is taking a small breather, at bitstamp BTC continue to be bought up.
Ask wall at 120.5$ just got broken through. And isn't it crazy that the ticker for the last 2 1/2 hours on bitstamp looks like a moving average? There aren't any downticks at all.  Shocked

That's hardly surprising considering how low the bid amounts and quantities have been.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
While the relly at mt.gox is taking a small breather, at bitstamp BTC continue to be bought up.
Ask wall at 120.5$ just got broken through. And isn't it crazy that the ticker for the last 2 1/2 hours on bitstamp looks like a moving average? There aren't any downticks at all.  Shocked

Edit: pic as proof:

legendary
It looks like the ask wall at $127 is not going to be removed. Anyhow, it is a miniwall (aprox. BTC700). Let's see if the bulls are able to make it fall.

Activity: 252
ATTENTION SHOPPERS. ATTENTION SHOPPERS.
We are having a 5% discount sale on Bitcoins all this week.
Head on over to the BitStamp aisle where we have half a million dollars for the first customers in line.
Thank you and have a nice day.

ATTENTION SHOPPERS.  ATTENTION SHOPPERS.

We regret to inform you that the sale has been cancelled.
This employee has just been fired for spreading false rumors.
Please return to Mt.Gox so the rest of us can continue to take
advantage of the BitStamp discounts.

Thank you and have a nice day.   Grin
legendary
Head on over to the BitStamp aisle where we have half a million dollars for the first customers in line.

A lot of those coins are not going to get sold on Bitstamp, they will end up back on MtGox.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
I wouldn't consider bitcoin as a "safe" heaven, but the alternatives have turned sour in the last few days/months...

Gold and silver are down
stocks just took a beating (2008 in the making ?)
fiat is being constantly inflated
commodities are up but for investing

so probably a lot of investors are getting out of the stock market at the moment and while they won't go all in we may see some now money testing the waters over the next few weeks.
Activity: 453
Activity: 79

Agreed, moonshot bids for $20 coins don't really count. I keep meaning to create an index that divides each bid/ask by the % distance from the current MMR. I think it would be much more insightful. I just can't square the maths to adjust for the fact that bids only differ by 100% but asks can be many 1000% higher. Anyone know how to properly adjust for that?

Simple, just base it on the logarithm of the price.

look at the changes in asks and bids: lots of asks pulled, and lots of new bids inserted.

though I've also got a question: what is up with green downward bars on the bid side?  Undecided
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
We're getting major lag spikes. Haven't seen these in a while

On a more serious note...can anyone here speculate as to what has driven demand these past few hours? The only significant news in that window was the Nikkei crash.

Are people really seeing bitcoin as a safe haven? Or is something else at play?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
The last few days the price moved up when volume increased, went down when it decreased.

That's a good sign for the bulls. Buyers may get impatient.
legendary
Wall at $126?

.....and it's gone Cheesy
legendary
Yep, $126 wall being chewed ATM.

120.0BTC ask wall on bitstamp bought up.

With such a low volume, we should go well above $130 to welcome a new uptrend. Let's see how strong is the bull's hope.
I think since we broke through the mt.gox wall at 124.5 (tonight around 4:00 UTC) we can call this an upward trend instead of just jitter.  Smiley

EDIT: 126.0BTC wall on mt.gox getting eaten fast (400BTC eaten so far)!
legendary
With such a low volume, we should go well above $130 to welcome a new uptrend. Let's see how strong is the bull's hope.
Jump to: