Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33269. (Read 26463667 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Back on topic. The daily chart looks to have a bullish triangle with higher lows. Breakout coming, anyone?

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
No, kilogram is the SI unit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilogram

(The only SI base unit with a prefix IIRC)

I stand corrected.    Appologies for making such a conclusive statement without checking my facts. I thought it was another silly American who didnt understand the prefixes. I actually should have known this even without looking it up.

Btw: Does anyone know did SI chose this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMByI4s-D-Y
Question answered here.
(I don't link the exact time, because the video is worth watching  Tongue )

Edit: Haha! Sucked in!  Grin
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I stand corrected.    Appologies for making such a conclusive statement without checking my facts. I thought it was another silly American who didnt understand the prefixes. I actually should have known this even without looking it up.

Sorry to disappoint you. Silly Swede here, we know our standard units. Wink
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
bitcoinity is working fine here.
Not here though and I've tried two machines.  I'm in the UK.  I suppose it could be a problem with my ISP but everything else is working okay.  MtGox isn't loading the buy and sell boxes on the trade tab properly and it's fairly unresponsive, although it does sort it out after a while.

EDIT:  It all seems okay again now

Edit:  For some reason my ISP is blocking Bitcoinity, the rest of the internet works and Bitcoinity is working for everyone else.  Typical
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Switching to mBTC would attract more buyers for sure. Let's do not forget that Bitcoin is generally perceived by the gran public as a currency more than a pure store of value, and thus paying +$100 for a single coin/token feels extremely expensive. That's true in the US and Europe, even more so in other parts of the world.

Anyhow, I think that the market will adjust itself regarding which units of BTC are used on exchanges and goods pricing.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
there was just a single sell of 650BTC that obliterated the wall at 122  Shocked

Why would anybody sell such an amount now? It doesn't make sense to me.

This reminds me of the time when the price jumped between $4.8 and $6.4 for some time after we hit the $2 low.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
bitcoinity is working fine here.
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
Bitcoinity is down, and MtGox is behaving a bit strangely too.  Maybe someone's ddossing them out of boredom
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
there was just a single sell of 650BTC that obliterated the wall at 122  Shocked

Why would anybody sell such an amount now? It doesn't make sense to me.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
You know you sound like scammers, right? (If looked from the outside at least.)

"Let's get moar people to buy!"  Grin
Idealists sounds better to me.

"Let's share this wonderfull thing called Bitcoin with the world!"

Ps: And yes, earn a little money on it Grin
You know you sound like scammers, right? (If looked from the outside at least.)

"Let's get moar people to buy!"  Grin
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
A friend in China mentioned today there's growing curiosity about BTC there after it was featured this weekend on CCTV.  It's made it to the daily hot topic on sina weibo.  Anyone want to speculate on whether/when this might be reflected in the exchanges?

We've discussed this quite a bit since the first CCTV news.  Word is that the latest news was neutral to somewhat positive. I think we are going to see adoption in China, both as a speculative investment but also because of the world economic situation. Something we have to consider also, is that people may start to get behind it as a big FU to the USD. That is probably why the government has been pretty open to it.

I imagine that over the next 6 months to a year that China will be the biggest holders of BTC. Just on population alone, it only takes a few thousand wealthy people to make that happen. Just a feeling of a guess.

As the price of BTC goes up, we either need to go to another term e.g. mBTC or do a split (if that is possible). With the latter no one loses holding power as with creating new shares. I just don't see people being as game to buy when the price is high. But, if it truly starts to grow and is seen as valuable, then mBTC will be the new term.

IAS

I agree.  It's psychological as much as anything.  When we start using mBTC as the standard, I would be surprised if the price didn't increase almost immediately.

If you're a nobody investor without much money, would you feel more comfortable bragging to your friends that that you bought into the BTC market for .1BTC or would you rather say I bought 10,000 mBTC?

I agree that mBTC is psychologically better. It doesn't matter if it seems silly to the scientifically minded among us. Several laymen I have spoken to have told me they feel Bitcoin is now too expensive for them to buy in.

We all know you can buy fractions, but laymen typically do not and those are the folks we are trying to bring onboard.
Yes, i experience the same issue in my social circle. A lot of people are interested in buying but they think it's to expensive. I get requests from friends to tell them when the price is low to buy back in. They do not seem to understand that Bitcoin requires an other mindset than fiat money. For example 1k bitcoins is a high amount to own, although for them i doesn't sound that much because they are used to high numbers when it comes to fiat. mBTC is the solution to this is my opinion.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
A friend in China mentioned today there's growing curiosity about BTC there after it was featured this weekend on CCTV.  It's made it to the daily hot topic on sina weibo.  Anyone want to speculate on whether/when this might be reflected in the exchanges?

We've discussed this quite a bit since the first CCTV news.  Word is that the latest news was neutral to somewhat positive. I think we are going to see adoption in China, both as a speculative investment but also because of the world economic situation. Something we have to consider also, is that people may start to get behind it as a big FU to the USD. That is probably why the government has been pretty open to it.

I imagine that over the next 6 months to a year that China will be the biggest holders of BTC. Just on population alone, it only takes a few thousand wealthy people to make that happen. Just a feeling of a guess.

As the price of BTC goes up, we either need to go to another term e.g. mBTC or do a split (if that is possible). With the latter no one loses holding power as with creating new shares. I just don't see people being as game to buy when the price is high. But, if it truly starts to grow and is seen as valuable, then mBTC will be the new term.

IAS

I agree.  It's psychological as much as anything.  When we start using mBTC as the standard, I would be surprised if the price didn't increase almost immediately.

If you're a nobody investor without much money, would you feel more comfortable bragging to your friends that that you bought into the BTC market for .1BTC or would you rather say I bought 10,000 mBTC?

I agree that mBTC is psychologically better. It doesn't matter if it seems silly to the scientifically minded among us. Several laymen I have spoken to have told me they feel Bitcoin is now too expensive for them to buy in.

We all know you can buy fractions, but laymen typically do not and those are the folks we are trying to bring onboard.

There is something to be had for buying when something is very cheap. The more expensive something gets, the more difficult it is to move anywhere. . I doubt we'll ever see something like $10 get to $260 again in such a short time frame, at our scale. Even with mBTC. This is why penny stocks can be so lucrative, there has to be far more money than there is supply, and people are only so rich and so willing.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
A friend in China mentioned today there's growing curiosity about BTC there after it was featured this weekend on CCTV.  It's made it to the daily hot topic on sina weibo.  Anyone want to speculate on whether/when this might be reflected in the exchanges?

We've discussed this quite a bit since the first CCTV news.  Word is that the latest news was neutral to somewhat positive. I think we are going to see adoption in China, both as a speculative investment but also because of the world economic situation. Something we have to consider also, is that people may start to get behind it as a big FU to the USD. That is probably why the government has been pretty open to it.

IAS

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
This sucks... volume is really low as of late...

Jump to: