Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33443. (Read 26462096 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Sure. But the zero just means displacement from the mean. A car's suspension is a damped oscillation but that doesn't mean it goes through the road when you run over a squirrel.

Agreed. But because price variance observes a Cauchy distribution, rather than a Gaussian one, the "mean" is meaningless (pardon the pun) and can only be determined retrospectively from the oscillations.

What is more interesting to me is why, when the oscillation has about died away, the tendency seems to be for things to fly off in one direction or the other. I don't seen any obvious mechanism.

The mechanism is the butterfly effect in Chaos theory (which I confess I don't have more than an overview of). I think we saw this at $97 when someone bought 5,000 coins and a run to $166 resulted.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Okay I just dumped 126, looking for someone else to jump on this and drive it to $108

Dumping 50 at 108
120 at 107.80

and 150 at 107.5

to keep the motion down

Bear plunge team?

Bear dunk and dumb team ;-)
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Okay I just dumped 126, looking for someone else to jump on this and drive it to $108

Dumping 50 at 108
120 at 107.80

and 150 at 107.5

to keep the motion down

Bear plunge team?
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
I have updated my recent analysis (I can see why you guys have so much fun with this line drawing business)

While the tone is rather playful  Cheesy, the general gist of the above chart holds some weight in my opinion

favourite TA post ever, thank you so much for this Smiley

Dumping 50 at 108
120 at 107.80

and 150 at 107.5

to keep the motion down

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
As the old saying says:
Disregard emotions, acquire BTCs.

Oh. My. Gawd.
Did you print this? Do you have the model?

I was just searching randomly and

http://www.shapeways.com/model/725214/joseph-ducreux-sculpture.html?li=productBox-search

I think I may buy one myself. Very reasonably priced.

Also

Sure. But the zero just means displacement from the mean. A car's suspension is a damped oscillation but that doesn't mean it goes through the road when you run over a squirrel.

What is more interesting to me is why, when the oscillation has about died away, the tendency seems to be for things to fly off in one direction or the other. I don't seen any obvious mechanism.

108 broken
legendary

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
I purposely only nap for 4 hours and the price dropped $5 =.='
As the old saying says:

Oh. My. Gawd.
Did you print this? Do you have the model?
legendary
It's usually drawn as a triangle. But as someone with a physics background, I see it like this:

Right. But an alteration is required to reflect markets being different from analogue wave-forms. The Y-axis can't go below zero, so the quiescent state is at some positive value. For Bitcoin, during the first oscillation it was $115.34, the 2nd it was $114.66 and the last it is $110.36 (as it changes with time).

legendary
As the old saying says:

Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed

Looks like a definite change of trend. Give a few more hours to confirm direction. More volume on the downside would also be expected if this is a major move.
Time to sell little Goomboos  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Looks like if I dropped 126 coins on gox right now I could bring the price to 108 and make 1 BTC. I wonder how many times I could do that right now? 3-4? Thoughts?

Do it... and then together we buy 500!!

I'm so tempted. I am watching the orders right now.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
If I sell now, you can guarantee the drop will stop. Immediately.

Buy and sell with a plan. Your emotions will f*ck you over. Royally.

if you learn one thing from speculation...THIS ^ should be it.

Take emotion out of it.
Looks like if I dropped 126 coins on gox right now I could bring the price to 108 and make 1 BTC. I wonder how many times I could do that right now? 3-4? Thoughts?

Do it... and then together we buy 500!!

Scratch that buys are coming in strong for 109
Jump to: