Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33739. (Read 26462710 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Were those couple thousand coins at $100 bought or pulled after the sell off? I missed it
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Someone with a lot of coins really doesn't want it over $100.

Yeah..  Roll Eyes
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Someone with a lot of coins really doesn't want it over $100.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
Activity: 151
Looks like the majority of that big buy came from off the order book. Bid sum appears intact at new highs.
legendary
Activity: 840
Absolute madness they don't know whether to panic buy or panic sell LOL  Grin
No need for panic selling, it spiked up really fast, makes sense it would drop back into the high 90s.  Smiley
Activity: 144
Empty vessels make most noise.
Absolute madness they don't know whether to panic buy or panic sell LOL  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
some big sales back up to 100
legendary
Activity: 840
Price heading up, currently 103, lag heading up, currently 1m 10s.

I though Gox was supposed to have made changes to fix this lag?
Any lag is annoying, but I've found anything under 2 minutes doesn't seem to cause much damage. Getting to 5 mins starts hitting the red line. 10+ is huge dangerzone for panic 'lag selling' garbage.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

They added more servers to minimize lag, and considering the recent increase in trade volume, it's actually doing a LOT better.  Not to mention most people have learned to keep their cool during laggy periods.
Activity: 798
Should be an interesting few minutes as people who were waiting for a dip start panic buying instead.

Panic buyers make good customers  Tongue
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Gotta love that $100 bid wall. Here's what it looks like in my head.

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Activity: 896
1 minute of lag from buy orders?  Cheesy

countdown till they stop trades for cooldown?

hopefully this week chased out the week hands and we can move on (how many tens of thousands of mtgox accounts in queue?)
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
 Shocked Looks like 100 triggered a bit of bot buying.

Should be an interesting few minutes as people who were waiting for a dip start panic buying instead.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Two orders went through at 90k USD and 79k USD to put us over the hump.  Shocked
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
1 minute of lag from buy orders?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
Somebody was tired of waiting to buy low and just went for it.
Activity: 798

Please have a look at where the bid sum actually resides. Half of it is below $60/Ƀ, $2M are even below $25/Ƀ. I call manipulators all those that move millions but park them at market – 50%.

I would love to see in addition to the above chart a chart with the weighted average bid and the weighted average ask and a chart of that spread which I would call manipulators activity chart.

I agree with all you say except for your arbitrary definition of 'manipulators'
Those charts would provide more 'information' to do with as you please, but by no means are evidence of manipulation.
I have bids at market - 50% ...  how does that make me a manipulator ? I'm good for it and a genuine buyer, just not at these prices.
Trying to read meaning into these charts without taking account of the level of the bid is ... well .... in my opinion a waste of time. If anything these charts are positively misleading. You could equally well say that anyone who is willing to sell several thousand at $120 but has not entered the order in the order book is also a 'manipulator'. He has intent but is not showing it, hoping that the market reaches that level before showing his/her hand. Which is more manipulative ?
Leaving genuine big bids in may be counterproductive (or not), but at least it is 'open' ... how many people here have hands they are not showing ? That's what makes a market.

And yes, I am fully aware that people play games with markets, especially ones as illiquid as this. But one could very easily argue that those who have bought to hold, with no intention of selling are the true manipulators, hoarding with the intention of exponential gain due to supply constraints, whilst shouting from the rooftops about how everybody should buy Bitcoin. BTW I am not disagreeing with the potential utility and value or I would not have bids in  Tongue

Jump to: