Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 386. (Read 26465356 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.

When did we stop using Bitstamp around here?

If I'm going to use a multi-exchange averaging site, I'll use Bitcoinaverage.

Meanwhile we did pass $70k for real at Stamp.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 4576
Addicted to HoDLing!
Unpopular opinion: Bitcoin is the most appreciated crypto, because simplicity silences anything noisy over the long term.

Maybe.  Or Bitcoin is the most appreciated crypto because it came first and it actually works.

70k topped yet again!

and back down one more time.

It will go back up this time.
ATH (this week) --> $80k+ (in June)

Straight out of my Crystal BallTM.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Unpopular opinion: Bitcoin is the most appreciated crypto, because simplicity silences anything noisy over the long term.

Maybe.  Or Bitcoin is the most appreciated crypto because it came first and it actually works.

70k topped yet again!

and back down one more time.

back up to 70k again what a battle.

b v b
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 2369
$120000 in 2024 Confirmed
GO Bitcoin GO

$70000 in one hour
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 364
Merit: 629
In ₿ we trust
I think that Vitalik&Co have no worries about such things because they realized a long time ago that they can do whatever they want without losing support. In addition, what beginners object to the most when it comes to BTC is the max supply, because they think that 21 million coins are too few, and that if there were more coins, they could buy them at a lower price.

In other words, the ETH team is proud that it has its own leader, that ETH is much cheaper than BTC and that there is no max supply - and for many it is therefore much easier to become the owner of 1 ETH than 1 BTC - because in the end it all comes down to numbers, right?

i really wish peeps could understand the max supply number is irrelevant as long as it never changes. if the were twice as many btc (42 million) it would cost 1/2 as much right now (~$34,000). so peeps buy twice as much for same price.

the base unit makes no difference. total supply could of been only one btc vs 21 million when you get down to it.

EDIT: dunno why peeps get hung up on a number. like when buying i dont look to buy a set amount of btc, i buy as much as i can, whatever the numbers are.

It's more of a psychological thing... look at shitcoins... some have trillions of coins and people buy them thinking: oh, if this is worth 1 dollar I'm going to get rich... but they don't buy 0.0001 BTC because They think it will never work, they think it’s not enough.....
Activity: 756
Merit: 200
~
dunno why peeps get hung up on a number. like when buying i dont look to buy a set amount of btc, i buy as much as i can, whatever the numbers are.
I think it's just a psychological factor. As only the price of bitcoin when it touches $70,000, many are waiting there to sell it. But it didn't even have time to go to $70,000 when it went down. Or when it has touched that number, many sell so the price never crosses it.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
I think that Vitalik&Co have no worries about such things because they realized a long time ago that they can do whatever they want without losing support. In addition, what beginners object to the most when it comes to BTC is the max supply, because they think that 21 million coins are too few, and that if there were more coins, they could buy them at a lower price.

In other words, the ETH team is proud that it has its own leader, that ETH is much cheaper than BTC and that there is no max supply - and for many it is therefore much easier to become the owner of 1 ETH than 1 BTC - because in the end it all comes down to numbers, right?

i really wish peeps could understand the max supply number is irrelevant as long as it never changes. if the were twice as many btc (42 million) it would cost 1/2 as much right now (~$34,000). so peeps buy twice as much for same price.

the base unit makes no difference. total supply could of been only one btc vs 21 million when you get down to it.

EDIT: dunno why peeps get hung up on a number. like when buying i dont look to buy a set amount of btc, i buy as much as i can, whatever the numbers are.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 12743
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
~snip~
I am pretty sure that the Eth boys are still not very transparent in regards to how many coins there are exactly, including but not limited to that early 2014 premine.  The supply question has never really been very verifiable as far as I have understood.. but the Eth folks seem to consider that to not really be much of a problem.

Wasn't there some verify the block questions that even came 6-12 months earlier than their other stupid ass 2022 movement into POS, which should have gotten people understanding that ethereum was constantly changing itself without much for parameters or even straight-forwardness in regarding whatever new thing it had decided to become..

legendary
legendary
legendary