Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 433. (Read 26465917 times)

legendary
Activity: 3262
Merit: 8492
icarus-cards.eu
let's play our favorite wo-game again... Grin
which airport am i in right now? Wink
correct answers only Cool

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 114
Merit: 93
Fly free sweet Mango.
I (ok someone who can code) should make an automated ChartBuddy gambling game, where you can bet on "higher" or "lower" within the 1st 5 mins of a ChartBuddy post. If the next CB post price meets your prediction, you win... however many WOmerits you bet, or something.
Well, it's only once a day at UTC midnight, but we're live!  Ready to shut it down at a moment's notice, or take suggestions.
Everyone starts with 1000 CBBits. All calculations are rounded down.
There are three types of bets one can play based on the bid amount from Chart Buddy's 00:00 UTC posts.

If you would like to place a bet the following format must be followed.  Helpful reminders: no spaces anywhere in your bet except possibly in your User Name, and no uppercase characters after your UserName. Thank you!
Bet Format uses current UTC date.  Check ChartBuddy's last post if unsure:
WOGame,User Name,bet_type,bet,wager,yyyy-mm-dd

bet_types and bets:
1] updown - up means you think Chart Buddy's bid from the next 00:00 UTC post will go up - down for the opposite - same price is a loss for you [play game 3 if you predict the same price]

2] evenodd - even means you think Chart Buddy's bid from the next 00:00 UTC post will be even - odd for the opposite - a Chart Buddy bid ending in 0 is considered even

3] exact - integer price you believe will be Chart Buddy's bid from the next 00:00 UTC post

Place these bets anywhere in your post.  Bets not following the format, identical to same UTC day bets, or greater than your current CBBits count will try to be refunded, but may be lost. Bet responsibly.

Bet Format  uses current UTC date.  Check ChartBuddy's last post if unsure:
WOGame,User Name,bet_type,bet,wager,yyyy-mm-dd

Bet Examples:
WOGame,User Name,updown,up,1000,2024-05-11
WOGame,username,evenodd,odd,300,2024-05-11
WOGame,UserName,exact,69420,500,2024-05-11

Some bets made earlier in the day have higher payouts as follows:
The payout for updown is (1 + (24 - UTC hour number)/24)(wager)
The payout for evenodd is 2(wager)
The payout for exact is 100*((24 - UTC hour number)/24)(wager)

Bets are scraped at 55 minutes after the hour, so bet early to avoid a lower payout.
If you make a bet before 23:55 UTC today, you earn 100 CBBits 00:10 UTC tomorrow.
If anyone does bet I should be able to post the results in a CBBits update thread in the Off-Topic board, and link it here with the daily Chart Buddy update, or put the results table in a code box?
Or we all just don't look at it and it goes away.  Smiley

WOGame,DirtyKeyboard,evenodd,even,100,2024-05-11

Legal:  this is not actual gambling, and the CBBits totals may be rolled back or reset if things go haywire.  Smiley
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
The aurora just fired up in Maine - really bright and pulsating; it's a beautiful display! ~46N latitude.

You can watch it here live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiWG_5941YQ

Cloudy and raining where I am - I went for a drive to see if I could find clear skies but once again, foiled.

edit: firing up in Banff, Alberta as well but the skies haven't darkened yet.
 You can watch live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJdpRO0BwA8

edit2: North Dakota skies coming to life (12:48)
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXtPKLJfYDc

legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 114
Merit: 93
Fly free sweet Mango.
ChartBuddy's Daily Wall Observation recap
All Credit to ChartBuddy
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912

Ditto

Risky. I read something that said the price goes down more than it does up but when it goes up, it goes up by more than it goes down.

It worked the same way with rockets until eventually they got some astronauts to the moon.  Bitcoin is next.
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

Ditto

Risky. I read something that said the price goes down more than it does up but when it goes up, it goes up by more than it goes down.

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Candidate for the most off-topic post in WO follows — you have been warned!

For anyone interested in physics, watch this 16-minute video:

The Symmetries of the Universe

I watched the 15-minute clip, and since it is about maths and sciences, then it kind of related to the thread - especially since we might have claims about whether bitcoin was discovered or invented.. .. so there might be some power in any kinds of claims that something is operating in accordance with some mathematical principles that hold constant through other parts of the universe, which there could be some truth  in some aspects of bitcoin

- even though in recent times, I have been hearing more and more about potential ways in which bitcoin might be subjected to breaking based on mining pools rather than miners controlling their hashes and/or the transactions contained theirin.. even though there has not been an attack yet, as far as we know.. .. but yeah, if miners (hashers) are not really being paid in transparent ways and they have nowhere to go, then couldn't we consider various kinds of 51% attacks.. not trying to spread any FUD...

When people say BTCitcoin was created in response to discovered around the time of the 2008 financial crisis.

They don't realise there was 40 YEARS of research and development before that!

Source

FTFY - regarding contents, and I also fixed your font.. 

No need to yell at us.

We Are Here.

What does it mean, though?

I fixed your font again.. to attempt to facilitate MOAR reasonableness.
Jump to: