Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 446. (Read 26466021 times)

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Merit: 16328
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
About inflows into ETFs, maybe look at regular markets ? We got good quarterly reports, so maybe people skimmed off profits and put them into BTC. Or sold in May, go away...into BTC.

I seriously doubt about this.
BTC ETF flows have been quite uncorrelated with bitcoin markets, let alone other markets.
I would say that flows were driven by some profit-taking after a substantial, in TradFI terms, retracement from ATH.
Paper hands selling, basically.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1891
bitcoin retard
...or build yourself a 2-output transaction, where one is your intended payment destination and the other a change address you already control. Then sign it and broadcast it. Bitcoin DIY for OGs, I guess...

Yep. You can even use the original address as the change address if you want. Several wallets used to do this but it's reckoned as bad practice now.

Bad practice for privacy reasons? As in "do not reuse addresses", or is there something else too?

Multiple situations have been found where more than one digital signature can be used to calculate the private key needed to spend bitcoins. Even if you spend all the bitcoins claimed by this private key at once, it is still possible to double-spend them in theft before they confirm. While the known situations for finding the private key from signatures have been fixed, it is not prudent to assume there aren't more such situations yet unknown.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Address_reuse

It will get more risky when quantum computing becomes a thing (in the future)
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3038
...or build yourself a 2-output transaction, where one is your intended payment destination and the other a change address you already control. Then sign it and broadcast it. Bitcoin DIY for OGs, I guess...

Yep. You can even use the original address as the change address if you want. Several wallets used to do this but it's reckoned as bad practice now.

Bad practice for privacy reasons? As in "do not reuse addresses", or is there something else too?
Merit: 950
fly or die
About inflows into ETFs, maybe look at regular markets ? We got good quarterly reports, so maybe people skimmed off profits and put them into BTC. Or sold in May, go away...into BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

legendary
legendary
legendary
Merit: 3038
WTF, Is it believable for a low amount transaction of this fee.

4 may 2024, someone paid $100,608 fees for their $6 amount Bitcoin transfer.

Hmm. No change address. Weird. I don't think any legit wallet would miss that.

ive sent txs setting the fee to be deducted from the sent amount in core. so, the tx goes out with just destination addy. guess it was deliberate?

This kind of thing used to happen occasionally because someone tried to spend directly from a paper wallet without transferring the whole amount in the wallet.  There is no change address for a paper wallet, so you have to transfer the whole amount in the paper wallet to a 'hot' wallet first if you want to be able to spend some part of it and get your change.

Activity: 869
Merit: 585
bash script halving date predictor

Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo "today's date: $(date --iso-8601)"
bid=$(curl -s "https://www.bitstamp.net/api/ticker/" | jq -r ".bid")
ask=$(curl -s "https://www.bitstamp.net/api/ticker/" | jq -r ".ask")
#p0 is midmarket price to 2 decimals
P0=$(bc -l <<< "scale=2; ($bid+$ask)/2")
echo "mid-market BTCUSD: "$P0
latestblock=$(wget -q -O - "https://blockchain.info/latestblock" | jq -r ".height")
echo "latest block "$latestblock
t=$(wget -q -O - "https://blockchain.info/latestblock" | jq -r ".time")
echo "timestamp of latest block "$t
#db = differential block
db=$((2*$latestblock-1050000))
#pt = projected timestamp of next halving
pt=$((2*$t-$(wget -q -O - "https://blockchain.info/block-height/$db" | jq -r ".blocks[0].time")))
echo "projected timestamp of next halving "$pt
echo "projected date of next halving"
date -u -d @$pt
#timestamp of block 840000 is 1713571767
dproj=$(bc -l <<< "scale=6; ($pt-1713571767)/86400")
echo "predicted days between halvings "$dproj
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

ive sent txs setting the fee to be deducted from the sent amount in core. so, the tx goes out with just destination addy. guess it was deliberate?

This kind of thing used to happen occasionally because someone tried to spend directly from a paper wallet without transferring the whole amount in the wallet.  There is no change address for a paper wallet, so you have to transfer the whole amount in the paper wallet to a 'hot' wallet first if you want to be able to spend some part of it and get your change.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

https://developer.bitcoin.org/reference/rpc/sendtoaddress.html
legendary
Activity: 364
Merit: 629
In ₿ we trust
We have the pushup challenge going on... You could start out with 30 per day..  3 sets of 10 or some other manageable way of getting in some exercise as we are planning for $100k (as an intermediary bump in the road to higher BTC price statuses)
100 Push-Ups A Day Until Bitcoin Is $100K Challenge
I'm definitely not doing that (I can't) but I bought a sturdy, magnetic self powered exercise bike that gives out calories spent and I was already trying (since a few days) to spend at least 100 calories a day on it. It's not that much but it's a start, once it's achieved and sustained I will increase it.

As we get older (especially after our mid-30s), we have more and more difficulties retaining muscle, and that is one of the benefits of resistance training rather than cardio.. of course, some cardio is good, and walking can be quite good too.. but sometimes there is going to be a need for some kind of resistance training, especially as we are getting older... We are all getting older.. but some of us might already be older than others, and yeah, whether there is any kind of actual need to do resistance training or cardio exercises or just to do normal activities can be questions of preferences, and surely diet and sleep are also important in terms of attempting to maintain health.

Also it wasn't planned but today (day off) I helped my mother cutting some trees in the garden with a small chainsaw and by the end of it my arms hurt but I could feel my muscles in a good way so I'm motivated to get the dumbbells out !

Surely some of the manual labor can be good too.. and surely dumbbells can be used as a form of resistance training, too.

Muscles are like gold / btc... They are extremely valuable, especially when we reach an age (I'm close to 40) so I think that when I'm 60, 70 (if I'm lucky enough to get there), I would like to have good health. .. this is something to think about years in advance... long-term game for everything, including health... After all, we have to be well to enjoy the benefits of the bitcoins planted today.
Jump to: