Pages:
Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 92. (Read 26461283 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2310
$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

[...]

I first heard about BTC around 2013. I remember reading a post here around then (just lurking) about someone spending 50 BTC on some regular coffee he was buying.

Shocked

50 BTC.  Cheesy Cheesy  

I'd fricking give up coffee for the rest of my life for an extra 5BTC added to my stash.

Luckily for me the top of 2013 was higher (with all the hype in the media back then) than I eventually and finally bought into some years later.

So true. Times change and it pays to have foresight. Those who did are now enjoying their rightful riches.

Just see BitcoinTalk's donator list: https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html

I quickly went through it. I don't know anyone I think I've heard of MemoryDealers (is he some famous guy? Roger Ver comes to mind) from the 50 BTC tier, and only one (rpietila, of all people) from the 10 BTC tier. Cheesy

10 btc donation BIG RESPECT to OgNasty

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 4576
Addicted to HoDLing!

[...]

I first heard about BTC around 2013. I remember reading a post here around then (just lurking) about someone spending 50 BTC on some regular coffee he was buying.

Shocked

50 BTC.  Cheesy Cheesy  

I'd fricking give up coffee for the rest of my life for an extra 5BTC added to my stash.

Luckily for me the top of 2013 was higher (with all the hype in the media back then) than I eventually and finally bought into some years later.

So true. Times change and it pays to have foresight. Those who did are now enjoying their rightful riches.

Just see BitcoinTalk's donator list: https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html

I quickly went through it. I don't know anyone I think I've heard of MemoryDealers (is he some famous guy? Roger Ver comes to mind) from the 50 BTC tier, and only two (our very own OgNasty, and rpietila) from the 10 BTC tier. Cheesy

Edit: added OgNasty to the 10 BTC tier list of nicks I know/recognize.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2617

but how many 100 watt or 200 watt or 300 watt miners are running

avalon on medium speed is 100 watts.

I will run my two until they break. but that is about 210 watts and 7th

even if a million do it it is
7,000,000 th or
7,000.      ph or
7.            eh

the interesting thing is will we get the 100 million people level doing this.

if we do it could really help btc down the road.

stopped mining gpu/fpga coins when eth went pos. sold that shit for corn. i do miss the hum haha.

but i did i mined btc on gpu/fpga in 2011/2012 and even continued at a slight loss.  guess what, those btc coins i mined at a slight loss are where probably 60 percent of my stack today came from. because i kept mining. wasnt worrying about the money, btc was cool thats all i needed.

of course i did folding at home which where multi gpu rigs just for funziesi  for free so i was used to power bills and such.

so i said all that to say this: but i still have a dedicated 20amp outlet that i can run derated at what 16 amps. and as long as they are somewhat quiet i might still give a go.

i think many small miners that can be used in basements and garages etc are the way to go.

Biggest mistake of my life -- not mining back in the day. Total anonymity and tons of fresh, untainted coins to be had for practically nothing. I did some F@H at the time, GPUs number-crunching @ 100*C, not regretting it, always nice to contribute to science. I remember I did try to set up a Bitcoin miner back in 2010/11, but it was a complex (for me) Linux setup process and I wasn't so good at it back then. Gave up. Should have tried harder...

It's still so mind-boggling to me, that, back in 2010, Laszlo Hanyecz was able to mine 35,000 BTC in two months, and added another 80,000 BTC soon after. Saylor-level quantities available to anyone smart enough to recognize and willing to embrace the opportunity.

Not really complaining though. I try not be too greedy and be happy with what I have. It could have been much, much worse. Just imagine a no-coiner today. Esp. one that knew and understood it all when it was happening, but did nothing. This must be a hell of a mental pressure to be able to live with...

Shocked

50 BTC.  Cheesy Cheesy  

Activity: 2520
Merit: 950
fly or die
I'm living with relatives right now (not for money reasons) so not mining but otherwise I would run a miner if only for nostalgia's sake. I wouldn't run dozens though, DCA is a better idea. Also mining in France if following all the rules is a hassle, you need to create a business, you'll pay tons of taxes... It's not worth it at the best of times.
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 4576
Addicted to HoDLing!

7,000,000 th or
7,000.      ph or
7.            eh

stopped mining gpu/fpga coins when eth went pos. sold that shit for corn. i do miss the hum haha.

but i did i mined btc on gpu/fpga in 2011/2012 and even continued at a slight loss.  guess what, those btc coins i mined at a slight loss are where probably 60 percent of my stack today came from. because i kept mining. wasnt worrying about the money, btc was cool thats all i needed.

of course i did folding at home which where multi gpu rigs just for funziesi  for free so i was used to power bills and such.

so i said all that to say this: but i still have a dedicated 20amp outlet that i can run derated at what 16 amps. and as long as they are somewhat quiet i might still give a go.

i think many small miners that can be used in basements and garages etc are the way to go.

Biggest mistake of my life -- not mining back in the day. Total anonymity and tons of fresh, untainted coins to be had for practically nothing. I did some F@H at the time, GPUs number-crunching @ 100*C, not regretting it, always nice to contribute to science. I remember I did try to set up a Bitcoin miner back in 2010/11, but it was a complex (for me) Linux setup process and I wasn't so good at it back then. Gave up. Should have tried harder...

It's still so mind-boggling to me, that, back in 2010, Laszlo Hanyecz was able to mine 35,000 BTC in two months, and added another 80,000 BTC soon after. Saylor-level quantities available to anyone smart enough to recognize and willing to embrace the opportunity.

Not really complaining though. I try not be too greedy and be happy with what I have. It could have been much, much worse. Just imagine a no-coiner today. Esp. one that knew and understood it all when it was happening, but did nothing. This must be a hell of a mental pressure to be able to live with...
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
me and my shadow buddy. 1 and 2 in post count
legendary

Explanation
legendary
buddy. thou shall not pass
legendary

Explanation
legendary
 please surrender to contain your damage to price as I have surrounded you.
legendary

Explanation
legendary
buddy  I nosed you out with seconds to go.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1884
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
Sunday night dump, everyone. Set your watches.

Set. Clocked in. And planning to sell the watch in order to buy more Bitcoin.
legendary

7,000,000 th or
7,000.      ph or
7.            eh

but i did i mined btc on gpu/fpga in 2011/2012 and even continued at a slight loss.  guess what, those btc coins i mined at a slight loss are where probably 60 percent of my stack today came from. because i kept mining. wasnt worrying about the money, btc was cool thats all i needed.

of course i did folding at home which where multi gpu rigs just for funziesi  for free so i was used to power bills and such.

commercial mining is really hard.

It also makes coins very cashable to maintain or expand mine which means you could do what I did go for four used s-9 burning

5.2 kwatts to over 260kwatts of gear. that will need to be upgraded yet again. too hard and while we made a profit. buy and hodl would have crushed the profit i made
Pages:
Jump to: