Pages:
Author

Topic: Wall Observer: BTC/USD Price Tracking and Discussion 2.0 (Unmoderated) - page 2. (Read 12066 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
Price has leveled off pretty well in the $2300-$2600 range. A bubble pop would have sent the price spiraling down. Seems fairly stable.

Nobody is really willing to take any side at the moment due to coming SegWit activation. Will be smooth or not? Will miner try to block it in the last moment and therefore risking BIP148 taking action?
But yes I agree we mostly stabilized around the 2500-2600 range and now everybody is waiting for ausgust it seems.
A bit like the silence before the storm.
legendary
N00b crypto traders jumping from one shitcoin ICO to another be losing money like:

like andreas said : "crypto-world drain more quickly FIAT money than they can print it (QE)".
legendary
Why in your thread you had that rule about no more than 300 pixels images and here you don't respect it?

no rules here.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Price has leveled off pretty well in the $2300-$2600 range. A bubble pop would have sent the price spiraling down. Seems fairly stable.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Welcome to the new free speech wall observer thread.

I thought an unmoderated thread was necessary after already having a couple posts deleted from the "other" new Wall Observer.

An unmoderated thread is more in line with the spirit of the original Wall Observer thread, where much of the value was in the off topic discussions and overall zaniness.

I guess it is time to join and watch the insanity again from a slightly more moderated angle and see how it goes.
Off to observe besides that also the Bitcoin price and wildness of course ^^.
2500 Seems to be the stable point now, alts be bleeding.
Activity: 308
Merit: 146
I think x2666 has anger management issues. I find all matters Bitcoin and other Cryptos relevant. Bitcoin is not in a bubble isolated from the other evil-alts. Their actions also have relevance to the BTC/USD dominance and ultimately have an affect on BTC price.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 609
Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!
N00b crypto traders jumping from one shitcoin ICO to another be losing money like:

MOTHER FUCKER THAT"S NOT ABOUT BITCOIN

Mods where are you at?! ICE THIS BASTARD!

This is a BITCOIN ONLY THREAD, and it is SERIOUS!

Roll Eyes

On Topic: Bitcoin Price, Up or Down?

I wish to see a video of a pile of your money burn! Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

MOTHER FUCKER THAT"S NOT ABOUT BITCOIN

Mods where are you at?! ICE THIS BASTARD!

This is a BITCOIN ONLY THREAD, and it is SERIOUS!

Roll Eyes

On Topic: Bitcoin Price, Up or Down?
legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 5047

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464
Self made HODLER ✓
I don't know if it will drag down Bitcoin somewhat or if it will have the opposite effect. Any way I hope and expect for Bitcoin "dominance" to keep recovering though.

About the ICO's, more importantly if the holders are term locked into the ICO is if the ICO itself has some restriction on selling the ETH obtained in the ICO. Most do not and even if the plan is to hold some part of it they will need to keep selling to deliver.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 10374
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
I was actually a little worried about "the flippening", which seemed imminent. Now it just seems silly.

The risk of (temporal) "flippenning" was real for some time for a main reason: ETH was having an almost constant pump without ever having experienced a real bear market (in fact it haven't yet) so that almost noone was selling. Contrary what Bitcoin has already experienced in the past, I don't think many homes/lambos have been bought from ETH profits yet. People were just holding and holding in the hope of "the flippening".

Now they are experiencing, for the first time, that locking profits is sometimes better than just holding an iliquid coin. This will probably bring some sense to crypto markets.

Just wait until all those ICO's try to get "their" money back out of ETH. It will be a fucking bloodbath.

Yeah... decent quantity of bleeding - that has not yet reached the bloodbath levels yet.

Should we put buy orders in at below $50? 

If it drags down bitcoin, maybe below $2k?  on the other hand, bitcoin could stay stable or even if the opposite price performance were to happen, then panic might become more extreme..?

Aren't some of those delirious fucks locked into their ICOs depending on the terms of the ICO, I suppose.  The founders will be cashing out while the investors will be locked in.. and the truism about alts being good to get more bitcoin will play out for some, but not for all... oh my, oh my...
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464
Self made HODLER ✓
I was actually a little worried about "the flippening", which seemed imminent. Now it just seems silly.

The risk of (temporal) "flippenning" was real for some time for a main reason: ETH was having an almost constant pump without ever having experienced a real bear market (in fact it haven't yet) so that almost noone was selling. Contrary what Bitcoin has already experienced in the past, I don't think many homes/lambos have been bought from ETH profits yet. People were just holding and holding in the hope of "the flippening".

Now they are experiencing, for the first time, that locking profits is sometimes better than just holding an iliquid coin. This will probably bring some sense to crypto markets.

Just wait until all those ICO's try to get "their" money back out of ETH. It will be a fucking bloodbath.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 10374
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

The flippening did seem kind of inevitable for a while there, but I believe that it got way more press than it deserved.. because, even if the flippening did happen, ETH was still a shit coin.. ...

I still think that ETH is a shitcoin but it is way too early to write ETH and the various ICO scams off, and the flippening could still occur in a variety of ways.. the pumping of ETH or the dumping of BTC... .. but such flippening does not have as much significance as the alt coin pumpers and the bitcoin bashers like to attribute to it... and some of those ETH folks were becoming excessively arrogant and self-confident in their BTC bashing (and even saying that they had taken everything out of BTC and put it into ETH) as ETH prices crossed into the $400s.

Hard to measure, no?  Are the dragging down bitcoin too, or is some of that money coming back to BTC or is some of that money going to fiat?  I am sure that there are theories and even some evidence to make arguments, no?
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2790
Shitcoin Minimalist
Activity: 294
Merit: 103

I have a question for you, Meuh.
Why in your thread you had that rule about no more than 300 pixels images and here you don't respect it?
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
Well well, inch by inch, Bitcoin's dominance rising while total crypto market cap is flat or falling.

Which means either alt trades coming back into btc, or alts just going straight to fiat. Weak hands.

legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 5047
Well well, inch by inch, Bitcoin's dominance rising while total crypto market cap is flat or falling.

Which means either alt trades coming back into btc, or alts just going straight to fiat. Weak hands.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
Is there a way to lend USD on Poloniex or can that only be done on Bitfinex?

No USD lending available on Polo, unfortunately.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Is there a way to lend USD on Poloniex or can that only be done on Bitfinex?
Pages:
Jump to: