Pages:
Author

Topic: Wall Observer - MtGoxUSD wall movement tracker - Softcore Lounge - page 5. (Read 32338 times)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Yep. Gox interface not accessible. And I'm not sure if this is bearish or bullish sign.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
https://www.facebook.com/MtGox/posts/458663370884742

"UPDATE: We are waiting for technical confirmation, but it appears to be another strong DDos attack. We are attacked daily, but very soon we will be transitioning to a better service that will be a major improvement. Just getting ready for implementation."

I know nothing of the server architecture but it must be that the front-end handles the trade requests and pipes them to the trade server with no external IP. So with the DDoSers (that's an appropriate name in my flavour of English) unable to lag trades, they are now attempting to deny access to trading for most people.

I did get a trade in earlier but it was incredibly slow whole Mt Gox showed no lag officially.

New week, new tactics.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I think the most important part of why the thread was so filled with rants is that ppl were trying to influence others to take one particular action.

It worked very much like the btc-e trollbox.
OH I almost forgot: SELL SELL SELL!

I give a general idea of how to make money:
BUY SELL BUY SELL BUY SELL SELL SELL WAIT WAIT BUY BUY SELL
repeat from start.
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
Mt.Gox is back on.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
I think the most important part of why the thread was so filled with rants is that ppl were trying to influence others to take one particular action.

It worked very much like the btc-e trollbox.
OH I almost forgot: SELL SELL SELL!
I am new to watching markets of any kind so please forgive the n00b nature of this question.

During the last big run I noticed that there were constantly big minute to minute swings in the price, by big I mean it seemed to fluctuate up and down 5, 10, or even 15 dollars at a time before it would shoot up another 20. Since the "crash" I have noticed that the highs and lows are a lot closer together, there was a little bit of 5-10 dollar fluctuation right after the recovery from the 50 dollar low, but it has gotten to the point where the ticker only varies by 2 to 3 dollars at most. My gut tells me that this is a good sign, but I wonder if it really is and what does it mean exactly.

Thanks!

True there were only a couple of swing trade opportunities yesterday. One day these movements will be a thing of the past and would be expected of a mature online currency. At the extremes, price movements will be of a much larger percentage.

Long periods of sideways movement are consolidation and on the run-up to the high were generally always "fuel for the rocket".

It will be interesting to see if this happens again or whether the next general trend is upwards but cautious.

But ultimately, these things as with everything do move in cycles!

Also bear in mind a $10 fluctuation when the price was around $200 was 5% whereas at $100 is 10%.  All other things being equal (which they're not as has been suggested) one should expect fluctuations to be of half the dollar value.

On other hand I think there is different with thinking of dollar values... 10$ fluctuation is thought as pretty much same from 50 to few hundred dollars. When in reality it's from 20% to 0.5%... Human mind isn't logical... Or maybe I'm just wrong here...
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I don't like this thread-fork. Seems like the other one has more than 51%...

It had a head-start. This one is more spammable and less pruned...

Since the other one is equally non-moderated and free as the good ol' thread, why start a new one?

the op of hardcore thread say this:

Wall Observer
A free service brought to you by the bitcoin community

Whenever there is a significant change in market depth, please update this thread with a new depth chart, and a good price chart with some TA is also welcome, feel free to comment on these if you have something to worth contributing, ( if your post is not at all TA it will be deleted )

Posting guild lines:
 Please lets keep this thread clean. ( I will be removing any off topic posts )
 Do not post random comments on this thread, unless it is directly related to the last wall update (ex. The 20K ask was was NOT sold into, it was removed after being tested)
 When you post a chart please use bitcoincharts.com, mtgoxlive.com, btccharts.com or bitcoinity.com

as requested, i have started a new thread.
this thread is now a self-moderated topic.
I will try and keep this thread clean, with only facts, current trends, past price movements, depth charts, etc.
I promise to not delete post simply because i do not agree with the bearish TA.

[...]

the rules of this thread is an attempt to keep this thread from having +1000 post when price is doing big moves, and instead relay important indicators during critical moments.

[...]

just don't be posting about your "FEELINGS" and you won't get delete.  Tongue

So it's quite different from this one (adams thread is the tracker, useful for keeping up-to-date when moves happen. It's moderated and has rules. This one is more of a lounge. all chatter allowed, no rules except forum rules apply) and I currently think both threads have valid raison d'être.

I enjoyed have one go-to place, but maybe it really does make sense to fork.

Let's just see how it plays out.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
It's back, was down for 10 seconds for me.

Oops.

Implementing the unfunded orders update?
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
I am new to watching markets of any kind so please forgive the n00b nature of this question.

During the last big run I noticed that there were constantly big minute to minute swings in the price, by big I mean it seemed to fluctuate up and down 5, 10, or even 15 dollars at a time before it would shoot up another 20. Since the "crash" I have noticed that the highs and lows are a lot closer together, there was a little bit of 5-10 dollar fluctuation right after the recovery from the 50 dollar low, but it has gotten to the point where the ticker only varies by 2 to 3 dollars at most. My gut tells me that this is a good sign, but I wonder if it really is and what does it mean exactly.

Thanks!

True there were only a couple of swing trade opportunities yesterday. One day these movements will be a thing of the past and would be expected of a mature online currency. At the extremes, price movements will be of a much larger percentage.

Long periods of sideways movement are consolidation and on the run-up to the high were generally always "fuel for the rocket".

It will be interesting to see if this happens again or whether the next general trend is upwards but cautious.

But ultimately, these things as with everything do move in cycles!

Also bear in mind a $10 fluctuation when the price was around $200 was 5% whereas at $100 is 10%.  All other things being equal (which they're not as has been suggested) one should expect fluctuations to be of half the dollar value.
Activity: 224

Since the other one is equally non-moderated and free as the good ol' thread, why start a new one?

Isn't that one self-moderated?

Not really:

sorry for all the confusion guys.
i will not be deleting any posts here
this is just the new thread because the old was was just too big.

Isn't that one self-moderated?

It was always like that. Otherwise you could too easily manipulate the depth charts.

It means that MtGox has not yet run the update.

Right, OK.

Never really tested it before - makes sense Smiley
Activity: 128
Merit: 107
Yeah I checked that too.

I tried it, it allowed my unfunded order and showed under Open Orders but it didn't appear on the order book at Clark Moody.

Edit: I put a Bid in I don't have enough cash to fund, the order appeared only to the amount of cash I DO have.
It was always like that. Otherwise you could too easily manipulate the depth charts.

It means that MtGox has not yet run the update.

almost everyone will agree to " if 1.) happens, 2.) will happen afterwards " this is why its going to recover fast and, keep fucking going!

...I have a target set, I will be doing many parabolic moves upward in order to entice early adopters to sell their hoards... I start the rally, I get it going parabolic, then I complete stop supporting it, it comes crashing down, I buy in ( not too fast, gata milk it... ) and i do it again. i'll keep doing this till my target is reached. who am I? I am the market!

I would like to order from silkraod what adam ordered.

Adam you are not the Winklevii!
donator
Softcore lounge...does this mean no market penetration?

Just do it gently and take the pic from the right angle and all will be good.
donator
almost everyone will agree to " if 1.) happens, 2.) will happen afterwards " this is why its going to recover fast and, keep fucking going!

...I have a target set, I will be doing many parabolic moves upward in order to entice early adopters to sell their hoards... I start the rally, I get it going parabolic, then I complete stop supporting it, it comes crashing down, I buy in ( not too fast, gata milk it... ) and i do it again. i'll keep doing this till my target is reached. who am I? I am the market!

I would like to order from silkraod what adam ordered.
I will now make my long term prediction:

It shall go up and down and then up and then crash.

Pages:
Jump to: