Pages:
Author

Topic: Wall of Fame: Quotes of Bold Predictions - page 3. (Read 7490 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
C'mon! That's not even remotely bold!

Any hard predictions in the "next hour" span are generally pretty bold.  long term trends on bitcoin are pretty easy "it's gonna go up"  midterm ones, well, they can be trickier, short term it is pretty difficult to guage, barring something obvious like giant fake bidwalls.

Bold is more like "It will NEVER go to $50 again!".
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
1 Satoshi will be on par with the Dollar by the end of the decade.

No it will not.

(If dollar goes so low, it will go extinct.)

There is an upper limit for the long term purchasing power of 1 satoshi, and it is not more than $0.01 in today's dollars.

Besides wasn't this thread only for quotes, not original research ?
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Any hard predictions in the "next hour" span are generally pretty bold.  long term trends on bitcoin are pretty easy "it's gonna go up"  midterm ones, well, they can be trickier, short term it is pretty difficult to guage, barring something obvious like giant fake bidwalls.
Activity: 634
I have a bold prediction.

We will not see 1 btc for $70 again.

I can out bold that.

We will not see 1 btc for $71.01 again.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Another bold bear prediction:

This whole price drive-down was probably done so that as bank transfers come in from that long Japanese bank holiday they can get cheap coins. I think we're going right back up.

No.  Wink

My guess is $100 in less than 5 hours.

Edit:
Because magic!

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
$2500 by May 1st, 2014
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
heres my "bold" prediction.  we will not fall below $100/btc in june.
Activity: 252
a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish
By 2019 Bitcoin will be the only currency used by all intelligent civilizations across the universe.

Why bitcoin not litecon, namecoin, feathercoin, terracoin, or any other coin Huh

Because they all suck
(the aliens' opinion, not mine)

But its same technology like bitcoin ? so why not use them insted they are chepper. If you can have coca-cola for 90$ and pepsi for 3$ what you will choose ? Smiley

cant argue with that logic .... Roll Eyes 
Activity: 252
a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish
Bitcoin will be worth over $10,000 by the end of 2016.

no wrong it will be worth $10,010. damn get it right Grin
SAQ
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I have a bold prediction.

We will not see 1 btc for $70 again.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
I reiterate: 300-350 by August, or at least this target ill be reached by then.
Activity: 255
I think we can all agree that we have no idea what BTC will be worth in the future. But we're still here because we believe in it. But it just makes me angry when so-called experts on this forum write shit and sound so sure about it, it looks like they know something nobody else knows. I think alot of people can be influenced by these people and lose money. Because, to be honest, i've seen that these "experts" have been wrong MORE than 50% of the time. You could make more money flipping a coin to make decisions than to listen to these people.

If you don't like bold predictions without any basis in fact, why are you in the speculation sub-forum making yourself angry?

And to be honest, I don't understand why you are getting so angry at people at bitcointalk, haven't you ever seen "Mad Money" at CNBC?
FWIW $80 was the low for a long-time, maybe forever. 

$115 is Fair Value for Bitcoin NOW.

sqrt (Peak $266 / Low $50)  = 2.31

sqrt (Retrace peak $166.4 / Retrace low $79) = 1.45

$266 / 2.31 = $115.2
$166 / 1.45 = $114.5
  $79 * 1.45 = $114.5
  $50 * 2.31 = $115.2

Expect Bitcoin fx rate to oscillate with a median value of $115 for some time, at least until next major news-fed feeding frenzy!

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
in 20 years btc could be as much as 2x todays price. or not.
Really? Could quote yourself here?  Grin
Activity: 700
daytrader/superhero
This guy comes as close as I've seen recently to calling SD.

Uhhh, I called single digits earlier in this thread.
Activity: 728
the price ran up $10 yesterday. today its down $10 and back where it started

this is a non-event. stop wasting everyones time just cause you bought higher yesterday and now are scared
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance
Bah. Quotes made right now are boring. Put your money where your mouth is. I use betsofbitco.in

Now OLD quotes are interesting. Here's my official prediction I made on May 11th, 2011, almost two years ago:

I have a background in trading speculative stocks, and I can tell you that this kind of speculative price explosion usually collapses back to nearly nothing eventually (thanks Timothy Sykes).

However, I have my own reasons for believing that bitcoins won't collapse, and may in fact reach the astronomical values people are dreaming about. I'm keeping those reasons to myself for now until I get a chance to gather more bitcoins.

$1000/bitcoin won't make me filthy rich, but I might be rich enough to quit my day job and devote the rest of my life to ministry, raising my kids (and maybe foster kids?), and developing bitcoin-powered websites.

I'm going to step out on a limb and make some predictions about bitcoin price increases:

1) A lot of kids with graphics cards are going to get a LOT of spending money just because they saved the few bitcoins they mined after reading about it in a forum somewhere
2) The term "bitcoin billionaire" is going to become somewhat commonplace, and will refer to someone who became a billionaire through bitcoin investment.
3) The world's first trillionaire (by USD valuation) will be one of the first big investors in bitcoins.
4) This will all happen WITHOUT the collapse of the US dollar, and without bitcoins becoming a commonplace way to pay at the grocery store.

I guess we'll see if I'm right.

Note for posterity: current bitcoin price is in the $5-$6 range after a big run-up.

I still stand by that prediction completely. Edit: actually, I'm not so sure about #4 anymore.

Activity: 329
LTC -> BTC -> Silver!
Another Andrew Jackson Fan, and a Chart! Price is currently $92.

It's actually pretty simple. Basis Elliott Wave knowledge is sufficient to understand the BTC market.

Wave C will go down to where the "bubble" started. OK maybe not the full way ($10), but something like $20 or $25.

Pages:
Jump to: