Pages:
Author

Topic: Wall of Fame: Quotes of Bold Predictions - page 4. (Read 7490 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
In the last few days, the price went from $55 to $165, almost tripling in value.
From there, going to $500 in six months isn't very farfetch.

Yes but you're cherry picking the start and end points. Not only that but you're extrapolating that really quite unusual line to twice its length assuming we're looking at a log chart. Either use closing or weighted prices, ie. prices you were likely to have been able to buy at.

Okay, a few months ago the price was ~$10. It went up to $265, doubling almost 5 times.
Doubling 6 times would have gotten us beyond $500. Not that the price would remain there,
but I don't find the possibility of reaching this price really bold.

This is Bitcoin. Saying that the price will remain stable (<1%) for the next week would be bold.
Activity: 329
LTC -> BTC -> Silver!
This guy comes as close as I've seen recently to calling SD. Proudhon Lives!

Bitcoin is clearly a better place to have your money than Liberty Reserve and at any given times there are probably billions sitting in LR. All that's needed is time to pass, so clearly Bitcoin is way undervalued.

If nothing goes wrong with bitcoin, you may well be right in the long run.

But for the speculator the question is a different one: Where is the price going in the short term?

For the next months the answer is generally: down. The price will fluctuate up and down, but overall it will go down, perhaps to $20, perhaps lower.

By the way, the price just went down to $90.
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
In the last few days, the price went from $55 to $165, almost tripling in value.
From there, going to $500 in six months isn't very farfetch.

Yes but you're cherry picking the start and end points. Not only that but you're extrapolating that really quite unusual line to twice its length assuming we're looking at a log chart. Either use closing or weighted prices, ie. prices you were likely to have been able to buy at.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
supernode
But its same technology like bitcoin ? so why not use them insted they are chepper. If you can have coca-cola for 90$ and pepsi for 3$ what you will choose ? Smiley

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect

So eat shit, milions of flys cant be wrong ? ha ?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
But its same technology like bitcoin ? so why not use them insted they are chepper. If you can have coca-cola for 90$ and pepsi for 3$ what you will choose ? Smiley

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect
supernode
By 2019 Bitcoin will be the only currency used by all intelligent civilizations across the universe.

Why bitcoin not litecon, namecoin, feathercoin, terracoin, or any other coin Huh

Because they all suck
(the aliens' opinion, not mine)

Activity: 351
I'm always grumpy in the morning.
By 2019 Bitcoin will be the only currency used by all intelligent civilizations across the universe.

Why bitcoin not litecon, namecoin, feathercoin, terracoin, or any other coin Huh

Because they all suck
(the aliens' opinion, not mine)
supernode

Activity: 111
Possibilities are limitless
Single digits really is a bold claim  Tongue

The lowest valuation I could ever think of for BTC is $15, considering that the price per BTC was able to maintain it self @ $2-3 for such a long period of time with virtually no money going into the market, I believe with the number of speculators that are now introduced to the market, along with the potential shown for BTC to strike triple digits in a matter of days, $15 is an excellent position.

By December of 2013, I hope to see BTC in the high doubles or possibly triples again. However it's impossible to tell what even next week holds. Always an exciting commodity to watch!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I also wanted to see one of these threads. Put your favorite quotes of bold predictions in this thread. Some details about the price at the time would be helpful.

Here is a quote from reptilia after price ran up to 145 then back down to 90 in the span of a week.

Btw, this is the last day when we see $95 EVER, you can quote me on that.  Cool

Done.

We should have a wall of fame for these kind of statements.

Add this one to the wall of shame lol
Activity: 351
I'm always grumpy in the morning.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero

i have no idea.

if i had to guess, id say either $10-$15 range or sub $1... with wild swings in price along the way.  

Nailed it.

Activity: 111
Possibilities are limitless
We will strike the $35 mark by the August (8/1/2013). That is my prediction. I have a $1000 vs 10 BTC bet wagered against someone on it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
... I simply wouldn't have made the wager unless I knew exactly what the outcome would be.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
A short sample. Hope springs eternal  Cheesy

It's gonna be bitcoin for sure. It cannot be stopped anymore, no way. I think it will reach $1M (per BTC) before Christmas this year, but the long-term value is not so high.

If you want to make 30x your initial investment, buy bitcoins, and do not trade or sell them. I believe by October 31st, this year, you have it.

I consider that $95-$99 range is irresistible. But afterwards we are going higher. Long term, about 15% weekly increase is sustainable and it will carry us to $10,000+ coin before christmas.

I have always prompted people to read my diary first, before daytrading (if any). Since bitcoin is going to $300k in the long run (and higher in the short), it does not make so much sense to fish the bottom unless you do it full time with an organization primed for the task (a supernode).

Just buy and hold. Buying bitcoins at any price sub-100k is not as large a mistake, as it would be to be left out of a supermove, such as the ones in the period between 8/2010-6/2011 and the one started in January 2013.

Mr. WonderfulMe spreads his predictions between 10 000 and 1 million thil Christmas and then some are angry that I and some other guys are on his back all the time. He is fucking moron.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
stop talking about 87 or 95, support is here now, don't miss your chance  Cool

It needs to test $100, and by testing I mean, cross it. Short term I would put a limit buy order in $96-$99 range, that is the safest.

lol no. 100 will not be tested, not in 2 weeks not in 5 years.

120 support will reappear, once all you bulls are done being bearish  Tongue

Not only was 100 USD "tested" but I bought at 92 USD on MTGox less than 48 hours after this post. PS: I am a long term bull on BTC.
I hope you sold them before it dipped into the $70's today.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
1 Satoshi will be on par with the Dollar by the end of the decade.
Activity: 224
I think we can all agree that we have no idea what BTC will be worth in the future. But we're still here because we believe in it. But it just makes me angry when so-called experts on this forum write shit and sound so sure about it, it looks like they know something nobody else knows. I think alot of people can be influenced by these people and lose money. Because, to be honest, i've seen that these "experts" have been wrong MORE than 50% of the time. You could make more money flipping a coin to make decisions than to listen to these people.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Reptilia has a suit and tie.
For that reason he can charge 10-15% above gox to 'institutional investors'.
Good gig if you can get it.

My long term target has always been $1000 us/btc but bearish currently to make more BTC

'1BTC will be worth $14000 US dollars in 10 years.'

Bold enough for this thread?  Tongue Tongue

(although by then the most popular currency pair will be BTC/Yuan and the dollar will be a currency that is held by a few remaining backwaters in the USA as China will own the rest of it... or something like that  Grin)
supernode
rpietila is n00b not a milionarie hes bold guy who lives with his mom. And lost all of his money buying bitcoins at 250$. Dont listen this troll.
Pages:
Jump to: