Pages:
Author

Topic: Wall of Fame: Quotes of Bold Predictions - page 2. (Read 7490 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Pretty bold (and delusional) Cheesy

Some say it's better to be bold than smooth Wink

Perhaps it is good to just postpone it: Yes, we will reach $300 by 2016, for sure it will happen. If it happens in early/mid 2014 (which I personally believe), it will easily go to $1000 as a bubble.

Don't you know how many Localbitcoins.com merchants there is? How long does it take to get the Bitcoin Dealer Network Association formed, if it is even necessary. The tear days in March saw 1 million USD invested into bitcoin effect a $10 million rise in market cap. (And the contrary, my sales of $230,000 took 200 million away of the marketcap in May 5-7).

I am currently minding my own business and analysing the great bitcoin bubbles of 2010, because the end game will be like that: UP 10x, down 25%, UP 8x, down 20%, UP 6x, down 15%, UP 12x, down 60%, down 80%. No way the stability returns once we get out of the .1-.12 area...

I and my friend both called the 10->300->120->"1-6mo consolidation" already last year. The fact that it's played out exactly as scripted does not make me any less eager to see some action.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

Some say it's better to be bold than smooth Wink
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
How is it possible that you forgot to include in the wall of fame the $300k per BTC in 2013 by our favorite poster?

Ummm, I kinda did in post 11 Tongue    In fact it's going to go higher in the short term so hoping to sell high and buy low at 300k/btc Cheesy

No, in your quote it says "$300k in the long run", when the bold prediction is $300k this year, plus the people not believing this "is in denial of facts".

He did follow with "(and higher in the short)" so I guess it depends on his definition of short term. However we can all agree

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
How is it possible that you forgot to include in the wall of fame the $300k per BTC in 2013 by our favorite poster?

Ummm, I kinda did in post 11 Tongue    In fact it's going to go higher in the short term so hoping to sell high and buy low at 300k/btc Cheesy

No, in your quote it says "$300k in the long run", when the bold prediction is $300k this year, plus the people not believing this "is in denial of facts".

legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

Ummm, I kinda did in post 11 Tongue    In fact it's going to go higher in the short term so hoping to sell high and buy low at 300k/btc Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Here it goes:

but I know that $300k per 1 BTC is delusional

How many people you know, who bought a mobile phone, but went back to fixed line?

How many tried Internet but decided it's not for them?

If something happens in the world, would the news not reach the uttermost ends of the earth in latest 48 hours (if not instantly for most places)?

What keeps 1 billion people from adopting bitcoin? (How can you keep them from not adopting it?)

How many bitcoins are for sale?

To not believe in $300k this year is a denial of the facts. Only a technical flaw in the algorithm or a superstealthfast adoption of a superior altcoin currently not existing, or an all-out wiping away of all mankind can keep USD/BTC from exploding this year. Already everyone who has any position in this world knows about Bitcoin. Just post any nugget of actual facts that can contradict my $300k this year or cease replying to me with nothing material, thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
100 satoshis -> ISO code
with selling pressure severely depressed due the mass delusion of a bitcoin depression on the horizon. the rally will cut through all resistance points like a hot knife cutting through soft butter.

180 with 12days

Cool

Epic bold prediction from the black-belt Master Wall Observer himself.
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
LTC -> BTC -> Silver!
My bold prediction:

MtGox will come back up, everyone will look at each others... and nothing will happen.
Price won't move (significantly) in any direction.

big assumption there, that everyone learns from past mistakes.  Better copy / paste this one to the wall of bold predictions.  Bold indeed.
Can I get my parade now?  Grin

It's here!

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Choo Choo, mother fucker
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

I predict that a year from now the bitcoin price will be in the single digits.  I just want to enshrine this prediction in its own thread.  I hope somebody remembers to dig this up a year from now.  In the meantime I hope to take advantage of the next bitcoin bubble.  May the odds be ever in my favor.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
last 3 == such lulz  Cheesy
Activity: 182
Merit: 106
Activity: 182
Merit: 106
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
heres my "bold" prediction.  we will not fall below $100/btc in june.

If we aren't above $100 at all (thus we wouldn't fall below it) in June would you be right or wrong?
legendary
I think the recent price correction was appropriate, it wasn’t just an irrational sell-off. I wouldn’t be surprised if prices declined into the $50-75 range over the next month or so. That being said, long term I expect stable prices even higher than the $266 peak, but I won’t speculate as to exactly how high they will go.

I went to go look this up, but it's anything but boldGrin
legendary
I like the idea, I'll let you know if I run across anything.

Btw, this is the last day when we see $95 EVER, you can quote me on that.

I'll quote you on that, but you were wrong!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
"MtGox engine will lag so much as to be useless on any day of the week with a vowel in its name" -- Kurt Cobain
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
C'mon! That's not even remotely bold!

Bold enough to be wrong.
Pages:
Jump to: