Pages:
Author

Topic: Wallet safety? - page 2. (Read 1736 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 100
October 29, 2018, 07:52:58 PM
of course it safe, you can save 1000 wallet in one pc, but you should save your .bat or private key by yourself, and you can manage all 1000 wallet, is you can't do that, i think it will very hard to manage 1000 wallet
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
October 29, 2018, 07:08:16 PM
Is it safe to manage multiple bitcoin wallets from one pc?

Yes! It's more safer than one wallet alone. However, the problem for that is if you want to transfer funds, there would be a transact fee. So just to fix that problem, just create your main wallet and just transfer your other funds on your other wallets.
Activity: 209
October 29, 2018, 08:35:25 AM
I think it is safe to manage multiple bitcoin in a one wallet and also one computer as long as you have the back ups when your pc get broke and you have an backup in your wallet. I think it is safe enough if you have a backups in your wallet.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
October 29, 2018, 07:16:41 AM
Your wallet safety depends on how you handle your wallet and your PC. It is safe as long as you are the only one who uses it and that if you are the only one manages it, no viruses and such and have a paid anti-virus for maximum protection. It is safe as long as you are careful.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
October 29, 2018, 06:27:31 AM

Quite a complicated question Smiley Having multiple wallets is, in fact, a good idea. But managing them from one PC? Nope, I think it's better to use a hardware wallet instead of a desktop one. Or use a cold storage on the exchange. I do it like that: buy some btc with cards on CEX (https://www.cex.io/buy-bitcoins) and store coins there, as the service provide a secure offline option.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
October 29, 2018, 03:29:01 AM
I think it's best to use a cold hardware wallet. Its main advantage is that it is not connected to the Internet permanently. This is quite safe and minimizes the risk of a hacker attack.
Cold hardware wallet is good for the safety of your funds and you decided just to get back to it after few years. But there's more secure than this one and that is by using paper wallet.

For those that are going to spread their balances with different wallets on their PC's, there's nothing wrong to it. Just avoid clicking different unfamiliar sites that can affect your PC with its malware.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
October 29, 2018, 03:17:49 AM

As long your PC are secure enough to saving multiple wallets, i think it will be safe.
If you want to have multiple wallets in PC, you must have more backup so your wallets are really safe in case your PC is broken.
If you have your own PC and you can save all your important files from there then there will be no problem on storing multiple wallets in your PC. I don't see any problem of managing multiple wallets, but in my own experience I just have one BTC wallet and one ETH wallet, I don't really use multiple wallets because of I don't want to get confused with two different wallets.
Activity: 1177
Merit: 102
October 29, 2018, 01:12:32 AM
As you can use hard strong password then it is possible to safe your wallet and definitely keep claim your hide your private key.also look it unknown person do not know your key.dont click as the unknown mail+link,use have 2F factor verification system.thrn you can getting 80%+ good safety your wallet.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 251
October 29, 2018, 01:12:04 AM
Wallet must be secured and its security has to be a priority. Always remember that it is our responsibility to adopt good practices in order to protect our money. Bitcoin can provide a high level of security if used correctly and responsibly. It's very important to store money in a safe place, a backup of our wallet can protect us against computer failures and many human mistakes.
Activity: 283
Merit: 0
October 29, 2018, 12:25:20 AM
Actually the wallet can be maintained if we really take good care of it. Actually, I personally prefer a hard wallet because I think its security is more awake and there will be no individuals who will steal the password. Therefore if we choose a hard wallet we will be more calm when we use it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
October 28, 2018, 10:30:07 PM
It's safe. I recommend using VPN anyway.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
October 28, 2018, 08:59:23 PM
Is it true though that wallets can be incompatible? It’s mentioned here:
https://decentralize.today/manage-bitcoin-across-multiple-devices-cd0b0cb1b515
Activity: 266
Merit: 4
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
October 28, 2018, 08:50:46 PM
The safety of wallet lies largely on how a user keep it. You can have the most safest and well programed wallet, yet if you keep your logins lose or visit phisphing sites frequently, you can lose that security. Hard ware wallets like the Ledger Nano S also provide much security.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
October 28, 2018, 08:47:53 PM

I think as long that PC is our own, i think its safe. In my opinion, the most important thing on bitcoin wallet is private key, and its should be secured and not share it to anyone. But its much better if we keep our bitcoin in hardwallet
Activity: 241
Merit: 10
October 28, 2018, 06:09:38 PM
I think that it is a good idea to think about a wallet safety and choose a hard wallet, to my mind it is better to use a hard wallet because it is a reliable way to feel free of worries
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
October 28, 2018, 06:03:01 PM
It is safe to use as many wallets you want but the question arises how you use those wallets as many people complain of getting their bitcoin wallets hacked because of some virus or installing a hidden malware into their pc due to which their bitcoins got stolen. So you must keep your bitcoin wallet protected by a password and have an antivirus software installed onto your computer and also have firewall installed and up to date as there are security flaws discovered every week or so.
Activity: 602
October 28, 2018, 06:01:21 PM
I think it's best to use a cold hardware wallet. Its main advantage is that it is not connected to the Internet permanently. This is quite safe and minimizes the risk of a hacker attack.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
October 28, 2018, 02:40:37 PM
The most important thing is that you have to maintain your personal wallet information not to be known by others, especially hackers, because they always try to find ways to steal the bitcoin you have. For that always be vigilant and do not enter into a site that is not clear which might be a trap for hackers. If you can understand how to secure a bitcoin wallet correctly, then in my opinion there will be no problem managing multiple bitcoin wallets on a single computer.
Activity: 588
October 28, 2018, 01:49:58 PM
Of course as long as you secure your PC properly avoiding public wifi and avoiding fraudulent sites I think it's safe to be safe. and never forget to always use Google Aunthethicator with double security from hackers trying to steal coins in your wallet
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
October 28, 2018, 01:36:18 PM
That depends om what you mean by safe, some level of safety can be reached even in a standard computer that you use everyday, but your coins are never going to be completely safe, if you can live with that level of security then installing your favourite Linux distribution in your PC that you have verified is clean from any alteration and navigate the internet with good habits can be enough to keep your coins secure.

However if you have an amount of money in cryptocurrencies that you consider to be important then you must invest in a hardware wallet, it is unforgivable that some people have claimed to have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars and they were storing their coins in a Windows machine.
Pages:
Jump to: