Pages:
Author

Topic: Wallet safety? - page 4. (Read 1736 times)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105
October 23, 2018, 09:43:20 AM
Is it safe to manage multiple bitcoin wallets from one pc?

There is no problem with what you will do to manage multiple bitcoins which actually must be maintained is the way we manage the computer so that it can not be infiltrated by ignorant people who are clear by protecting computers with paid anti-virus and also do not open links that we do not know.
Activity: 679
Merit: 254
October 23, 2018, 08:55:38 AM
In my opinion there is no problem if we manage some bitcoin wallets from one computer, as long as we are able to maintain their security by not carelessly opening sites that you don't know, or emails that you don't know. This means that you must be careful in opening various sites to avoid the crime of people who are always trying to find our weaknesses and ultimately steal the bitcoin we have.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
October 23, 2018, 08:49:21 AM
No matter how many wallets do you have, as long as you know how to protect them from cyber criminals, then do whatever you want. But why do you need to keep multiple wallets if you think it's hard for you to keep them safe?
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
October 23, 2018, 07:49:16 AM
you can choose wallet desenctralised if you believe in a particular exchange. to store your assets.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
October 23, 2018, 07:26:51 AM
wallet safety is very important for coin. if you loss it, you loss everything. so always be careful about your wallet. I always check my wallet. you. should use only one PC. you should use same password, Gmail every projects. You should have another backup for all the security. It will help you get back to the lost thing
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1175
October 23, 2018, 06:20:44 AM
Security wallet is very important, the wallet has two keys, namely the Private Key and the Public Key. Private Key shows your ownership of the Public Key (the code that is linked to a number of specific currencies on the blockchain) to access your funds on the blockchain. The Private Key that you have can make it easier for you to access your wallet, do not give a private key that you have to others, because the private key is one of the main keys to accessing the wallet.

To sum it up, as long as you protect your private keys you can have as many wallets as you wish, on one or several computers it doesn`t matter. If you have your private keys you can use your wallet on any computer you wish. I use ledger for years now, after xapo that`s a real refresh, I carry it with me when ever I travel. I have other hardware wallets, I have blockchain and xapo wallet too, but I don`t use them anymore and I don`t recommend anyone to use them. Make hardware wallet, keep your private keys and that`s the all the safety we need.
Activity: 20
October 23, 2018, 06:12:47 AM
Security wallet is very important, the wallet has two keys, namely the Private Key and the Public Key. Private Key shows your ownership of the Public Key (the code that is linked to a number of specific currencies on the blockchain) to access your funds on the blockchain. The Private Key that you have can make it easier for you to access your wallet, do not give a private key that you have to others, because the private key is one of the main keys to accessing the wallet.
Activity: 713
Merit: 31
October 23, 2018, 05:27:07 AM

There are a lot of option that you can do it. But I also recommend you to a wallet that you can use with phone. You can look at Infinito wallet or Cobo Wallet.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
October 23, 2018, 04:58:03 AM
I don't think is safe to do that , what if the machine get stolen or get hacked it means all your coins is lost or gone. It is advisable to diversify your wallet as you will do for your portfolio.
Activity: 392
October 23, 2018, 02:47:02 AM
The wallet of cryptocurrency is actually a string of numbers. Protecting your string of numbers protects your encrypted assets!
Any wallet with cryptocurrency has a loophole in theory. We need to protect our private key as much as possible, and protect your private key. Your wallet is relatively safe!
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
October 22, 2018, 11:16:39 PM
In the PC world I tend to backup and move files from old machine to new machine every few years and hopefully before the hard drive dies.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of lifetime the hardware wallets are going to have? Are we going to have a good transition method 2/3/4/5 years from now?

A piece of paper in the safety deposit box still looks good to me.

Hardware wallets are in existence couple year from now, so we don't know yet about their lifetime  Grin

Btw it's seed that all matters.
Activity: 3
October 22, 2018, 08:08:36 PM
In the PC world I tend to backup and move files from old machine to new machine every few years and hopefully before the hard drive dies.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of lifetime the hardware wallets are going to have? Are we going to have a good transition method 2/3/4/5 years from now?

A piece of paper in the safety deposit box still looks good to me.
Activity: 664
Merit: 100
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA
October 22, 2018, 07:55:43 PM
Using Coinbase, you can open multiple Bitcoin addresses. This will help you manage all your Bitcoin addresses in a fixed wallet. This is one of the simplest ways to handle it all at once. There are many other ways, but all that takes a lot of time and steps.
Activity: 812
October 22, 2018, 07:52:41 PM
I think it's safe as long you hold the private key and if you want to be sure use phone not only PC if you want sure to be safe both wallet. But I think one wallet is enough because you know to manage it but as of now I think many people now use multiple wallet because of many hackers.
Activity: 95
October 22, 2018, 07:36:43 PM
No sir...not recommended...putting all your eggs on one basket is not cool....please use different wallets for btc and on different device...if possible get paper wallet for long term hodl...
Meanwhile is some wallets recommendations for ethereum network!!
Hardware wallets such as Ledger and Trezor are the best and offer the highest security but cost around $70-$150.

Software wallets like Enjin, Trust and ImToken are great free alternatives but with the Private Key being on your smartphone, they come in second place to the hardware wallets.

Browser extensions like MetaMask are good also but being browser based, their attack surface could be considered higher than software wallet apps. Also MEW is most commonly compromised by phishing attacks so please either use with caution or avoid.

As always, have a back up of your private key or seed words. If you lose your crypto wallet and don't have the backup somewhere safe, you lose all your tokens.

If in doubt, ask. We are here to help!
Activity: 95
October 22, 2018, 07:19:30 PM

Yes sir ...so long your machine is in great shape!! ...but be sincere...i see no reason why you should have multiple btc wallet on a single machine...why not choose the best in terms of safety and user friendly....anyway is your choice!! Though i have used so many Bitcoins wallet on my PC...i never had any problems with it...but currently i have choose to stick to one wallet...May be some other time ..i wil recommend the one am using!!...let me add this- for security reasons; why not a paper wallet for long term hodl and probably keep the coins you will need to spend frequently on a mobile wallet !!...anyways using multiple wallet on PC won't constitute any problems!!!
Activity: 355
Merit: 102
October 22, 2018, 07:09:42 PM
Yes..it's very same to manage as many wallets as possible on a single device or PC in as long you own the PC or the device because of some passwords and details that mush have been saved on the PC.  You alone should have access to such device.
how to agree with you about that matter because it is true not only from ourselves to memorize the id and password but we can learn and know the security that can secure our respective wallets by using another application or system
Activity: 518
Merit: 13
SCARCITYDEFI.ORG
October 22, 2018, 01:05:04 PM
Why did you need many wallets on one computer? What problem do you want to solve? Having all the wallets on one computer is not safe. I think that it is better to have for this different devices not interconnected by a common network.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031
October 22, 2018, 03:07:19 PM
Yes,it's safe as long as you use strong passwords and keep your private keys.
You can change your current OS to Linux and download the Sandboxie software or a decent malware scanner program,like Malwarebytes.

This subject is important. The Linux operating system has no virus definition. In other words, it is safer than other OSs because the computer does not run viruses.

That's an urban legend: https://www.linux.com/learn/myth-busting-linux-immune-viruses
Linux is not immune to virusses, however it's security model is built in a different way than window's security model, next to this the amount of desktops running linux is smaller than the amount of desktops running windows (so a virus writer will be tempted to write a windows virus instead of a linux one because a windows virus can do more damage due to the amount of potential victims)

Also, AFAIK, both sandboxie and malwarebytes only have windows binaries available, it's no use to tell somebody to switch to linux AND use sandboxie or malwarebytes

yes there are Viruses for Linux but  mostly it makes no sense for a Trojan Developer to make a Linux Trojan becourse many many more users using windows so he has bigger targets. iam also using Linux Mint as OS but i have putted my bitcoins into a Paper Wallet and this is locked at my home Tongue

regards
Activity: 560
October 22, 2018, 02:58:07 PM
As long as you and you alone is privy to informations on your PC and privy to your PC's password,then I think you should be pretty safe with it, the thing is, most times big time traders/investors dedicate a particular device for storing informantions and wallets regarding their investments,if you sure have enough capital for that,its a rather safe bet.

But just know that whatever you do make sure you keep your private keys PRIVATE!!!
I agree, as long as your personal wallet info doesn't get lost you should be good, the most important thing to know is when you have your digital wallet don't ever ever loose your private key or else say goodbye to you wallet.
That's true because the most important thing is that we should always be able to keep the keys of our wallet, if for a PC device I think it would be better if we have two PCs to be safer.
Pages:
Jump to: