Pages:
Author

Topic: Wallet safety? - page 5. (Read 1736 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
October 22, 2018, 02:28:19 PM
As long as you and you alone is privy to informations on your PC and privy to your PC's password,then I think you should be pretty safe with it, the thing is, most times big time traders/investors dedicate a particular device for storing informantions and wallets regarding their investments,if you sure have enough capital for that,its a rather safe bet.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
October 22, 2018, 11:52:58 AM
Bitcoin is safe when you know the best way to protection your account and always deals with trusted people! Bitcoin and altcoin have some risks, you need to consider carefully when deciding to participate!
We have to make sure that wallet safety and security must be our topmost priority. Bitcoin makes it possible to transfer value anywhere in a very easy way. Bitcoin can provide very high levels of security if used correctly. It is our responsibility to adopt good practices in order to protect our money. Some of the best practices are using strong random password, backing up wallet, wallet encryption, and using many secure locations.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
October 22, 2018, 11:31:45 AM
many wallets are beautiful but myetherwallet is better. That's my wallet. It's okay my coins are safe in the wallet that's a real test of that wallet. NEM wallet is good for me and I've tried it for one if it's an account but it's ok for me to get the eth wallet.
Activity: 742
Merit: 103
October 22, 2018, 07:15:16 AM
Why do you need to come up with these incredible ways to ensure security? You can do much easier. Buy yourself a few hardware wallets from different manufacturers and transfer all your savings to them. It will be more secure.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
October 22, 2018, 11:11:40 AM
Bitcoin is safe when you know the best way to protection your account and always deals with trusted people! Bitcoin and altcoin have some risks, you need to consider carefully when deciding to participate!
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
October 22, 2018, 08:33:07 AM
In our Cryptocurrency Wallet List, we have listed all cryptocurrency wallets and also provided a Security Score. You can just browse the Security Score-column in the table to see which wallets that are generally considered the safest.

Also, for further tips on security in the cryptocurrency world, you should also check out this cryptocurrency security guide.

All the best,
Cryptowisser
Activity: 914
Merit: 500
October 22, 2018, 07:52:28 AM
If you want to exclude such question in future, you should better buy a hardware wallet like Trezor/Ledger.
This is safe variant providing that you remember your recovery words or keep them in a safe place.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
October 22, 2018, 06:55:14 AM
we have to secure the wallet in our own way with how we can secure the wallet and I think the choice to use an application or apple is good security because the security is very capable
Activity: 580
Merit: 101
October 22, 2018, 05:16:41 AM
Safety wallet is first when you starting at bitcoin and altcoin as your project, always back up and use security added for your account and your wallet, you have more carefully with your safety wallet exchange.
Activity: 10
October 22, 2018, 05:06:00 AM
The dumbest thing you can do if keeping multiple wallets on your pc is to have one password for all of them, so DON'T do it
and keep private keys away, on a USB drive
2FA is always a must
these precautions should keep you safe in most cases
Activity: 29
October 22, 2018, 03:45:09 AM
It is necessary for you to remember your private key and not give it to anyone , if someone known your private key they can stole your account, wallet are in danger . You need to a strong and unpredictable private key
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
October 22, 2018, 02:03:12 AM
I think this will be fine, provided you don't open an unimportant site that has nothing to do with Crypto, because that will cause you to get stuck with a phishing site that can make hackers get into your wallet.
Activity: 296
Merit: 10
October 22, 2018, 01:54:17 AM
Is it safe to manage multiple bitcoin wallets from one pc?

I think it's not uncommon for you and me to do the same. Many computers just take you more time to do some work, so you should do so for extra security except for the important password.
Activity: 322
October 21, 2018, 11:34:45 PM
Yes..it's very same to manage as many wallets as possible on a single device or PC in as long you own the PC or the device because of some passwords and details that mush have been saved on the PC.  You alone should have access to such device. The IP address doesn't mean anything as long as it is blockchain
Activity: 322
October 21, 2018, 11:34:14 PM
Yes..it's very same to manage as many wallets as possible on a single device or PC in as long you own the PC or the device because of some passwords and details that mush have been saved on the PC.  You alone should have access to such device.
copper member
Activity: 233
October 21, 2018, 01:02:11 PM
this is only advisable if you and you alone have access to the PC, if any third parties are able to access your computer then your wallet is not safe. samething happens to me of recent someone logged in to my PC and password my AIRWALLET. and till now i cant access my wallet agin.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
October 21, 2018, 12:58:31 PM
To be honest, I would prefer the wallet where there is no internet connectivity associated with it. As of now, I am using paper wallet and hardware wallet as my cold storage and using web wallet/exchanges to hold the little amount as per the requirement of liquidity. However, I would not prefer operating multiple wallets from the same computer/device not only through the security point of view but also through convenience point of view.
Activity: 280
Merit: 39
Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure
October 21, 2018, 12:56:44 PM
if you want to have a bit idea it was posted on my topics
here is it

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
Activity: 616
Merit: 108
io.ezystayz.com
October 21, 2018, 12:49:03 PM
It is safe if you know what you are doing. Don't do stupid things like downloading from unknown sites or clicking on weird links. You have to be very carefull if you are going to have multiple wallets on the same pc/laptop.
Activity: 21
October 21, 2018, 12:32:08 PM
The safety of your wallet depends on the steps you take to ensure its security. If your PC is private as in only you have access to it and the password to it is in your possession or not. There's also the thing about making sure your system is safe by using a good internet security software along with a reliable antivirus as they play a big part. If you take the necessary steps to ensure the safety od your PC and information it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep it all in one place.
Pages:
Jump to: