Pages:
Author

Topic: ***WARNING TO PEOPLE WHO USE MONEYPAK/WALMART MONEY CARD*** - page 2. (Read 27884 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
They specifically said if I don't provide proof of all MoneyPak reloads, that I'm out of luck. Sad
They were lying. You'll get the money back, it just might take 180 days.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
pekv2: Well done, however I am afraid this has no effect unless enough people do it, but out of principle I think you did a great thing!

We can see how godaddy buckled when a lot of people moved domains away from them because of SOPA not long ago. Companies listens when customer actions hurt their bottom line, and that's about it.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
I just sent MP feedback.
I'll share my mind and words.

Well, I will no longer use your service. I will be using Western Union for now on. You guys frozen a persons funds of 1k card over a scammer that created one dispute. We all are using Western Union for now on, I will be spreading the word along to everybody I know.

Stop taking sides of SCAMMERS.

Your service is no longer needed.

Have a good day.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
[..snip..]

Hi TizzyTazzy,

I feel sorry for you, and I can understand you are totally angry about this issue.

At the core the problem is really that companies make rules that they intend to follow 100%, and once you have a case that is slightly outside the black and white world that such rules try to cram you into, you'll have a very hard time breaking out of it.

From the company's perspective, they have more than enough customers (dangerous thinking, but they don't care about it) and therefore you are not important to them (which sucks for you).

You could try to get hold of a manager or someone and try to explain what you have been doing and if it can be fixed in a reasonable way.

This could be pretty much like banging the head like a brick wall. If you can go physically to their offices and talk to them in person, perhaps that would be a viable option ?

1K USD is a good amount of money, but it is also a question about how much time, effort and money you should use to claim them back. Did you read MoneyPak's small print, and does it look like they have the right to keep the money ? And why is it that you need to show receipts for all your purchases of those codes to show that you are legit, while MoneyPak company doesn't need to do anything to show that you are not legit ?

It appears to me that big companies are always using their size to exploit customers. Many customers who have their funds frozen, or are incovenienced in some way, usually become frustrated and just shrug it of, then the company in question is sitting there with the funds of all these customers, so financially the company is gaining from it.

Also, a lot of the people working for such companies seems completely unable to use common sense and/or solve a case that's outside the ordinary. I can feel you frustration, and I am dead tired of big companies always exploiting the customers. Instead they should thank you for your business and work with you to sort everything out.

I hope all turns out well for you. To others, as I've alwats said: Be careful with buying codes to prepaid payment cards from strangers.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is a food group.
Now I guess people realize why we require sellers to write "Tangible Cryptography LLC" on their MoneyPak receipts and email a scan/photo to us before we complete the sale.  No it wasn't us being parnaoid.  We lost some potential sales by requiring this but it isn't a requirement we intend to drop.

There pretty much is only one dispute possible when it comes to MoneyPaks and that is to claim "I never used this code and when I tried it said the funds had been used".  MP code is only 14 numeric digits so it is possible to brute force.  Generally funds only remain on the "pak" for a short time so the window is small and the risk of a true brute force is small but it can be claimed by a scammer.

Kinda hard to say you never used "your" MoneyPak when it has our company name on the receipt and was redeemed by us. Smiley

To the OP:
Most likely you won't lose all the funds.  They will just be frozen for some extended time (my guess is 30 to 90 days) and then disbursed to you by company check (similar to a PayPal freeze).  They do this so that if you brute forced all those codes it gives time for the "legit" owners to come forward.

^this guy.

They specifically said if I don't provide proof of all MoneyPak reloads, that I'm out of luck. Sad

That's why you sue them.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.
Now I guess people realize why we require sellers to write "Tangible Cryptography LLC" on their MoneyPak receipts and email a scan/photo to us before we complete the sale.  No it wasn't us being parnaoid.  We lost some potential sales by requiring this but it isn't a requirement we intend to drop.

There pretty much is only one dispute possible when it comes to MoneyPaks and that is to claim "I never used this code and when I tried it said the funds had been used".  MP code is only 14 numeric digits so it is possible to brute force.  Generally funds only remain on the "pak" for a short time so the window is small and the risk of a true brute force is small but it can be claimed by a scammer.

Kinda hard to say you never used "your" MoneyPak when it has our company name on the receipt and was redeemed by us. Smiley

To the OP:
Most likely you won't lose all the funds.  They will just be frozen for some extended time (my guess is 30 to 90 days) and then disbursed to you by company check (similar to a PayPal freeze).  They do this so that if you brute forced all those codes it gives time for the "legit" owners to come forward.

That's why you sue them.
Activity: 182

To the OP:

Well, that's cool. This is more knowledge for TizzyTazzy to take in.

Nice that you're posting your knowledge in here.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Well given the amount is likely below the limit for small claims court that is the best option as he doesn't have to pay the cost of legal fees.  Small claims court also tends to be more informal, present the fact and judge rules.  That being said the funds likely will be released long before his case gets put on the docket.  It can take 6+ months to get a day in court.
My jaw dropped when I read the op and omg came out.

Definitely make a lawsuit, even though if you lose out by paying for a lawyer, like you said it would be worth for the principle.

I think small claims court will do. Get the yellow book out if you can afford it and even check for pro bono lawyers, they are rare and hard to find but you just might luck into one.

If he files in small claim court no lawyer is needed or possible.

Then circuit or supreme?
donator
Gerald Davis

Definitely make a lawsuit, even though if you lose out by paying for a lawyer, like you said it would be worth for the principle.

I think small claims court will do. Get the yellow book out if you can afford it and even check for pro bono lawyers, they are rare and hard to find but you just might luck into one.

If he files in small claim court no lawyer is needed or possible.
donator
Gerald Davis

To the OP:
Activity: 336
Let them know you will take them to small claims court. Check to see if your area provides small claims actions via telephone, if they do, this basically negates them trying to pull it into another venue you would have a hard time getting to.

With your record of good transactions I'm thinking you'll either get a full favor verdict or just lose out on the $100.

*Gather together whatever you can in terms of records of your Moneypak transactions. Get some emails from people and tie them to specific Moneypaks, etc.
Bitcoin is a food group.
Create the receipts and back-date them. Then you can provide them as requested. It will be much cheaper than a lawyer. $1k is too much to let go.

I'm not sure what your saying here? They want EVERY receipt and even if I was able to get a hold of every single person I've traded with, I highly doubt any of them decided to keep the receipt, and I would need ALL of them to have the receipt.

He's saying forge them.

Its not forgery, they were actual transactions. You're providing records of them after-the-fact. Use some invoice forms, create invoices for each transaction over the past 30 days with the corresponding dates. Stores keep their own merchant copies of receipts, they don't ask customers for their copies when its tax time. They only want your copies of the receipts/invoices.

Sorry, I thought you were insinuating that he forge receipts as proof.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Create the receipts and back-date them. Then you can provide them as requested. It will be much cheaper than a lawyer. $1k is too much to let go.

I'm not sure what your saying here? They want EVERY receipt and even if I was able to get a hold of every single person I've traded with, I highly doubt any of them decided to keep the receipt, and I would need ALL of them to have the receipt.

He's saying forge them.

Its not forgery, they were actual transactions. You're providing records of them after-the-fact. Use some invoice forms, create invoices for each transaction over the past 30 days with the corresponding dates. Stores keep their own merchant copies of receipts, they don't ask customers for their copies when its tax time. They only want your copies of the receipts/invoices.
Activity: 294
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.
If you win the court case you might be able to recover lawyer fees.

Bitcoin is a food group.

He's saying forge them.
Activity: 182

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Pages:
Jump to: