Pages:
Author

Topic: Was it that easy to learn a reputable member posting format? - page 2. (Read 270 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 3049
I'm not really sure what's the posting format you're refer to.

I guess, format of the most merited users of a forum and/or merit sources. Because I see very few in common between these users except that. Each has its own way of communication, each became who they are on a forum an own way.

But LoyceV said very good: if to look at the first posts of them or mostly anyone else, we all start with much less. I've done so stipid mistakes at first... well, I'm sure I'm still doing mistakes and probably very stupid also, but not as often as in the beginning. "Make the road by walking."
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
"The more you keep following people you don't know when you start acting like them" this made me to have this belief that I must certainly improved even though I am not exactly acting like them.
Following good posters and learning from them, then applying it in your writing, you will improve yourself more or less.

Some ways to improve your writing:
Basically, read more, write less and write as most succinctly as possible.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I was saying how I wish I can post like them
Here's a fun thing to do: for each of the members you've listed (including me), go to the oldest page in their post history. See how they started. That will make you stop worrying Wink
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
I'm not really sure what's the posting format you're refer to.

In my view LoyceV tend to quote each line and reply it for short on point, while JJG's post is always a wall of text where someone need to spend for 10-20 minutes to read what he wrote.

It is simple logic! If you're interacting on a platform that is based on English language. You need to use some basic etiquette. I am not asking you to be an English language genius!
Fortunately for him, he can post in his own local board e.g. Nigeria if he's not really comfortable to post in global board.
Activity: 448
Merit: 269
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
You topic title starts with an alphabet that is in small caps. First work on your grammar then you can think about writing pattern. Grin What I meant is you wrote - was it that easy to learn a reputable member posting format? Whereas it should be, "Was it that easy to learn a reputable member posting format?"

Thanks.

Is there a rule that states one must start cap lat before making post?
If yes then I would love to get the link maybe for proper orientation and guidelines. For wishing to be like someone is something that is self devotional, so why do we have gods father's and role model if I may ask?

It is simple logic! If you're interacting on a platform that is based on English language. You need to use some basic etiquette. I am not asking you to be an English language genius!
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
Just be you.

The above members are good posters, as you appreciate because of their unique posting styles. You can also be great with your own posting style, rather than try to be someone you are not  Wink

When you read and engage in discussions more often, you will see your posting style improve over time.
Activity: 616
Merit: 713
Don't joke with my Daughter
You topic title starts with an alphabet that is in small caps. First work on your grammar then you can think about writing pattern. Grin What I meant is you wrote - was it that easy to learn a reputable member posting format? Whereas it should be, "Was it that easy to learn a reputable member posting format?"

Thanks.

Is there a rule that states one must start cap lat before making post?
If yes then I would love to get the link maybe for proper orientation and guidelines. For wishing to be like someone is something that is self devotional, so why do we have gods father's and role model if I may ask?
Activity: 448
Merit: 269
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

Thanks.
Activity: 616
Merit: 713
Don't joke with my Daughter
I have been wishing to be like few reputable members here and whenever I go viewing their post I always love their pattern of writing and posting on the forum. I have come to conclusion that when I tried posting like them it will lead me to restrictions or posting like them is a good encouragement to start with if I may asked?

I am presently and working on how to be improving on my write up, then secondly I know isn't that trying to look on someone that have been here for years before me but there's a says that said in our local language "The more you keep following people you don't know when you start acting like them" this made me to have this belief that I must certainly improved even though I am not exactly acting like them.
So much love the posting style of these users:
Code:
Fillipone
o_e_l_e_o
JayJuanGee
DdmrDdmr
yahoo62278
LoyceV

Sometimes I create out chance to be reading their comments, I was saying how I wish I can post like them not because they are high rank members but the level of their composition makes me feels I will for sure improve one day.
Especially JayJuanGee bravo to you sir/ma.
Pages:
Jump to: