Pages:
Author

Topic: [was on GLBSE] LIF.x - page 3. (Read 22438 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
February 08, 2012, 08:13:54 PM

There is 60 BTC of bonds there that are not yet redeemable, if they aren't a scam that is. 

What I was about to say before my computer froze up on me. I emailed the issuer back when they listed because I wanted more info before I invested. I never got a response, so I wasn't confident enough to buy. The February bonds mature on Feb 8, so we'll know soon.

Anyone know whether the bonds were redeemed?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
February 08, 2012, 06:54:31 AM
for 10% of the payouts I would handle it. dividing payouts between all stocks including LIF.B (weighted by IPO prices?). online spreadsheet for full transparency.

Yes, I also think it should be weighted by IPO prices. I would be really glad if you did that. My vote has > 700 shares of LIF.* Wink (wish I hadn't sold the rest).
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
February 07, 2012, 08:54:22 AM
hey NEF,

- make a new company "XYZ"
- move all abandoned shares from LIF into the XYZ
- proportionaly distribute XYZ shares to LIF shareholders
- sell or manage abandoned shares from LIF and pay dividends to XYZ shareholders

you can use this system for all bad companies

he sounds like he does not have the time / motivation. I think somebody with good forum reputation and a lot of lif stocks should get the job.

Shareholders could appoint a liquidator(who could I would give power to do the above). But as was mentioned, there doesn't seem to be anything there of any worth. Has anyone calculated the current value of the remaining portfolio?

Nefario

for 10% of the payouts I would handle it. dividing payouts between all stocks including LIF.B (weighted by IPO prices?). online spreadsheet for full transparency.
legendary
February 05, 2012, 05:44:41 PM
 Angry
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
February 03, 2012, 11:27:05 AM
Whats going on with this? Lambert still had some time left on the contract he held. How should I move on then?
Activity: 574
February 02, 2012, 12:08:27 AM
I am in the same boat as Ben on selling them back at the offered rate. I also liquidated my .M and .CX holdings at a fraction of the artificially implemented value.

Peter claimed that .B was dead in early December, although trading remained active in it for several weeks past that announcement, because like every other scam asset floated on GLBSE, there is piss poor communication and nobody knows which venue is the actual one to be notified in.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
February 01, 2012, 11:24:26 AM
Very well, next step is to wait for the bonds to mature (hopefully) and if they do then I'll make the final payments on them.

Ben, if this happens I'll talk to you separately and see what we can come up with.

In the meantime, it has become obvious that Peter was not doing his job, i.e. he was not doing what he was advertising. Verifying the integrity of various assets he invested in, instead it seems he threw it into almost any asset going.

I'm unsure what action may be taken against him if any. He's certainly bared from issuing shares on GLBSE again. Does anyone have any information regarding his real life identity?
Please PM me.

Nefario
legendary
February 01, 2012, 08:18:25 AM
[...]
LIF.B was defunct before all this and the holdings do not apply to LIF.M or LIF.CX so, they are all LIF.A I would imagine.

To the contrary it all started with LIF.B

Very good idea to fork our powers by the way.  Angry

Was LIF.B completely wrapped up before all this happened? I know it was announced that it was discontinued, but I thought there were still shares outstanding for LIF.B.
[/quote]

if there was any information about this from Peter he removed it by now
February 01, 2012, 05:54:38 AM
[...]
LIF.B was defunct before all this and the holdings do not apply to LIF.M or LIF.CX so, they are all LIF.A I would imagine.

[/quote]

Was LIF.B completely wrapped up before all this happened? I know it was announced that it was discontinued, but I thought there were still shares outstanding for LIF.B.
legendary
February 01, 2012, 05:28:31 AM
[...]
What a fucking mess.

PETER - Your management fees were for professionally operating and winding up these funds. Do your fucking job, rather than expecting others to clear up your mess.

+1

[...]

Activity: 343
February 01, 2012, 04:42:39 AM
Well I for one sold my LIF.A shares to Peter at what he led us to believe was the best price we could hope for. If there are any remaining LIF.A assets, I will be seeking my share of their realised value.

What a fucking mess.

PETER - Your management fees were for professionally operating and winding up these funds. Do your fucking job, rather than expecting others to clear up your mess.

Shareholders could appoint a liquidator(who could I would give power to do the above). But as was mentioned, there doesn't seem to be anything there of any worth. Has anyone calculated the current value of the remaining portfolio?

Nefario

There is 60 BTC of bonds there that are not yet redeemable, if they aren't a scam that is. 

What I was about to say before my computer froze up on me. I emailed the issuer back when they listed because I wanted more info before I invested. I never got a response, so I wasn't confident enough to buy. The February bonds mature on Feb 8, so we'll know soon.

The other issue for a liquidator is knowing which stock belongs to which fund. It looks like Peter was running all the funds out of the one account, so without financial statements we don't know what belongs where.

Activity: 667
January 31, 2012, 09:58:23 PM

Nefario

The other issue for a liquidator is knowing which stock belongs to which fund. It looks like Peter was running all the funds out of the one account, so without financial statements we don't know what belongs where.

January 31, 2012, 08:20:08 PM

Nefario

Activity: 667
January 31, 2012, 08:13:41 PM

Nefario

January 31, 2012, 07:57:35 PM
hey NEF,

- sell or manage abandoned shares from LIF and pay dividends to XYZ shareholders

he sounds like he does not have the time / motivation. I think somebody with good forum reputation and a lot of lif stocks should get the job.

Nefario
Activity: 504
January 31, 2012, 04:08:50 PM
hey NEF,

that would work great except there is no holdings left that are worth a shit...
legendary
January 31, 2012, 04:03:43 PM
hey NEF,

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
January 30, 2012, 06:22:26 PM
hey NEF,

January 29, 2012, 09:39:30 AM

what will happen to the stocks in Peter's account?

I'm not sure, how many of them are there left that are legit shares?

I think either they should be sold at market price, and the proceeds paid to the shareholders, although I would have no idea on how they be distributed across which shares.

You're the shareholders, you guys work out whats left and what you'd like to do with it.

Nefario.
legendary
January 29, 2012, 09:13:07 AM
Since the trading on the LIF.* shares has been frozen, I went ahead and paid out to the remaining shares at the price I had on offer.

Could you also provide closing financial statements and an explanation of how your strategy went wrong?

Thanks.
+1  for each stock

it looks like something went wrong around december 7th - what happened Peter?

thanks nefario for posting the data

what will happen to the stocks in Peter's account?
Pages:
Jump to: