Pages:
Author

Topic: [was on GLBSE] LIF.x - page 6. (Read 22438 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
January 24, 2012, 07:08:49 AM
No offense Nefario, I hope the interface gets better than what the beta is showing..

This is very little improvement than the Ascii like interface of GLBSE Ver1

None taken, it's a work in progress and early days yet. I wanted to get it out there to make sure I was heading in the right direction, for future posts regarding this topic please keep in this thread.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/glbse-20-open-for-testing-60489

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
January 24, 2012, 04:07:04 AM
Sad

at least i got my 4 btc from him.

Yep.  Peter gave you face value and the rest of us squat though.  Still waiting for my orders to be filled Peter.

+1
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
January 23, 2012, 11:53:01 PM
Sad

Yep.  Peter gave you face value and the rest of us squat though.  Still waiting for my orders to be filled Peter.

I feel ya teek, geeezz, Sad

No wonder you were frantic about figuring this out, I had no idea he had such investors like you.

Such a fly by night ending..

So what straw was it that broke the camels back I wonder?

Shorting the hell out of btc.. ?

How does everything fall apart when btc goes up... ?

Somewhere there had to be coins living and breathing and appreciating on their own right?
Activity: 667
January 23, 2012, 09:26:58 PM
Sad

January 23, 2012, 09:00:32 PM
Waaaaa... I trusted Peter..

Im a little hurt..  Huh
Activity: 700
January 23, 2012, 07:02:32 PM
Yeah we do.  We should move the convo elsewhere about glbse ui.. Tongue

Yes please.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/glbse-20-open-for-testing-60489
January 23, 2012, 06:55:48 PM
hey! y u hijacking this thread?   Angry

we need to whine about our losses and rant against Peter some more.

Yeah we do.  We should move the convo elsewhere about glbse ui.. Tongue
legendary
January 23, 2012, 03:36:36 PM
hey! y u hijacking this thread?   Angry

we need to whine about our losses and rant against Peter some more.
January 23, 2012, 02:30:22 PM
No offense Nefario, I hope the interface gets better than what the beta is showing..

Unfortunately I have to agree..  I mean the ratings and verification part is cool, but that is just a little added functionality..  UI is not so good.  Webclient is actually better.

Teeks site is a good example of a clear and easy browsing experience (except the neon green product titles Wink My eyes hurt)

GLBSE now looks at though the old Ver1 has just been plopped into a slight makeover..

To fancy it up a little, if each Stock had a place to embed a small "bit" picture of the respective stocks..  this will add a little flare to a table that will be hard to spice up I presume..
January 23, 2012, 02:17:34 PM

Unfortunately I have to agree..  I mean the ratings and verification part is cool, but that is just a little added functionality..  UI is not so good.  Webclient is actually better.
January 23, 2012, 01:58:47 PM

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
January 23, 2012, 05:33:01 AM

There is definitely a place for a stock exchange which ensures quality in the assets it lists through far greater verification/validation of asset issuers.
Unless GLBSE makes significant improvements in this area, it won't be them taking that place.

We'll be making SIGNIFICANT improvements in this area. The two biggest negatives to date about GLBSE has been user interface, and scamming. You can see yourself that a big improvement has been made regarding issue 1, I'll be introducing a fix or at least a major improvement for issue 2 over the next couple of days(as part of GLBSE 2.0)

That said, beamer is on the money.

I am looking SO forward to this, I was thinking to raise a little money myself (to pay for some programming time, advertisement etc etc)... but I guess I'll hold out a little.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
January 22, 2012, 01:31:27 PM

There is definitely a place for a stock exchange which ensures quality in the assets it lists through far greater verification/validation of asset issuers.
Unless GLBSE makes significant improvements in this area, it won't be them taking that place.

We'll be making SIGNIFICANT improvements in this area. The two biggest negatives to date about GLBSE has been user interface, and scamming. You can see yourself that a big improvement has been made regarding issue 1, I'll be introducing a fix or at least a major improvement for issue 2 over the next couple of days(as part of GLBSE 2.0)

That said, beamer is on the money.
Activity: 343
Merit: 250
January 22, 2012, 01:02:54 PM
I don't think there should be any further dealing outside of GLBSE.

Actions have been significantly lacking in transparency as it is. The independent records of share transactions provided by GLBSE are very necessary going forward.

With the information that Peter has come forward with thus far and his behaviours to date, I am not accepting anything less than 0.25 BTC / share.

My ask offer is up as 20 at 0.25 BTC - I expect Peter to honour it.

I have 187 LIF.CX,  49 LIF, 246 LIF.A, Yes, I got burned, I need 100 BTC back out of this Peter, my orders are up or you can send here:  1NHoQh5z9xULBFpF8N23Mu3gxZv5ZxPjSo

I bought a bunch of this stuff too during the past couple weeks before the "announcment" as I thought LIF was in a temporary lull and would bounce back, due to Peter's good reputation, that he had a baby and was probably busy, the fact that it was Christmas time and he probably wanted to be with his family, the fact that he closed LIF.B to "focus" on his other funds.  In other words, the benefit of the doubt. 

January 22, 2012, 12:58:15 PM
With the information that Peter has come forward with thus far and his behaviours to date, I am not accepting anything less than 0.25 BTC / share.

I have 187 LIF.CX,  49 LIF, 246 LIF.A, Yes, I got burned, I need 100 BTC back out of this Peter, my orders are up or you can send here:  1NHoQh5z9xULBFpF8N23Mu3gxZv5ZxPjSo

I bought a bunch of this stuff too during the past couple weeks before the "announcment" as I thought LIF was in a temporary lull and would bounce back, due to Peter's good reputation, that he had a baby and was probably busy, the fact that it was Christmas time and he probably wanted to be with his family, the fact that he closed LIF.B to "focus" on his other funds.  In other words, the benefit of the doubt. 

January 22, 2012, 10:21:36 AM
Wow. Just realised how many investors have ask offers up for less than 0.25 BTC. You guys are incredibly forgiving.

I have 12 Issues of LIF.CX. Bought them at about 0.496 BTC. Does that mean i have to sell them for 0.075 now and accept 5 BTC loss?

At first i thought the whole Bitcoin Issue was a great idea and a revolutionary concept. Now that i'm trying some things out i realized that there are more people trying to steal peoples money than to actually provide some serious and useful services.  Angry
January 22, 2012, 10:02:16 AM

I have 12 Issues of LIF.CX. Bought them at about 0.496 BTC. Does that mean i have to sell them for 0.075 now and accept 5 BTC loss?

At first i thought the whole Bitcoin Issue was a great idea and a revolutionary concept. Now that i'm trying some things out i realized that there are more people trying to steal peoples money than to actually provide some serious and useful services.  Angry
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 22, 2012, 07:14:23 AM

Activity: 504
January 21, 2012, 06:50:22 PM
Beyond just the last four pages... Peter Lambert, the person behind the LIF Funds, killed LIF.B last December

Yea, I lucked out there. I was researching places to invest BTC into about that time. I liked very much what I saw in the Lif.B info. If it was not for my procrastinating and then changing my mind after reading that it was being killed, I would have pumped everything I had at the time into the various Lif funds.

Edit; At the time it was enough to make me stay away from Lif, I did not get the feeling ti was a scam though. I sure hope, even if nothing can be done of the lost funds he comes out and atleast tries to explain everything....  Admitting a mistake(s) was made with other peoples money but it sure beats the alternatives.

1. Full transparency - People will proably use the opportunity to bash you, curse, yell, threaten. But, some level of faith is saved in the community as a whole and in investing in BTC ventures.
2. Cute And Run - People will still bash the crap out of you. Some to the point of possible legal or other crazy actions. And, a lot more faith is lost in the viability of investing in new companies as a result.

Please do the right thing, even if it means making a depressing situation even more difficult to deal with.

-Derek
legendary
January 21, 2012, 04:36:09 PM
just noticed my LIF.B shares crashed.  Huh

could somebody point me to what happened on 2011-12-08 ?

has somebody saved any data on this fund?

read the last 4 pages of this thread...

yeah, I read it all but there seem to be posts missing or external information:

Very sad to hear about LIF.B being cancelled especially as it was up to 0.77 xD Ohh well we all know that the risk of the company going bancrupt is a risk we take when we buy shares, but always sad that it happens. How is it going for the other shares (LIF,LIF.A, etc.)?

Beyond just the last four pages... Peter Lambert, the person behind the LIF Funds, killed LIF.B last December by doing a bullshit after the fact announcement after he dumped all of his shares at full price, that the fund would not longer be operated. The shares for the Fund continued to be traded actively, but every one of them was based on nothing.

Short answer- you got screwed by Peter Lambert, as has every one of us who invested in his scam.

this is sure what it looks like. Peter, please give us more details and numbers. It would help if you could make available all previous public LIF documents.

Pages:
Jump to: