Pages:
Author

Topic: [was on GLBSE] LIF.x - page 8. (Read 22438 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
January 18, 2012, 07:35:41 PM
I invested, i saw he kept releasing shares (which i didnt vote for and didnt like) I sold my shares with almost no loss, bought at 0.50 sold at 0.49 or 0.48 etc..

That dilution annoyed me a bit. I bought near the end the of the initial IPO, as there was a lot of demand, and if he hadn't issued more, the share price would have risen and he could have issued at a higher price. I should have bailed then instead of holding on.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1021
January 18, 2012, 11:37:15 AM
I have been selling off the GLBSE assets held by the fund, but it appears many of the buy offers were not real, and I was only able to recover a small amount for the assets held. Many of the GLBSE assets turned out to be scams.

This sucks, I think GLBSE should only add verified businesses with real names, addresses, phone numbers,  etc. but errr....you knew that there's no verification on new assets so why didn't YOU check, if they are legit?
Activity: 667
January 18, 2012, 11:11:31 AM
I was not the one selling the BIB.goat (I am doing very well on BTC and cash right now) and I did see it. I was at first going to buy but some of the few other good stocks were trading at shockingly low values and sent my cash there. I am very happy with what I picked up. At first I was shocked to see TyGrr Tech so low but a buddy tipped me off as to what was going on.

About this guy being the most trusted... I was going to make a rating agency for GLBSE and was questioning him about his operation and who he was. Things did not add up right and I stayed far away. I never did the agency because conflict of interest and because I was too busy. If I get time I will set one up but I do not even have TyGrr.com set up yet... I have been very involved in bitcoin projects.

Why was this guy so trusted? Did he send out his personal info like I did? Anyone know this guy?

@Goat - The BIB.goat is not yours?  I thought it was a joint bond between you and a partner or something?  

Why was he most trusted?  I am ashamed to say I don't even really know.  That is my own fault for not doing proper DD.  People seemed to trust him, I believe in the idea of the GLBSE, he seemed to be the rock in the community, it wasn't crazy amounts of money I was investing, that was good enough for me.  I am pretty sure even Nefario gave him the nod a few times in posts.

@Goat can you comment on the things did not add up right while questioning him please?  

donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
January 18, 2012, 11:10:58 AM
I was not the one selling the BIB.goat (I am doing very well on BTC and cash right now) and I did see it. I was at first going to buy but some of the few other good stocks were trading at shockingly low values and sent my cash there. I am very happy with what I picked up. At first I was shocked to see TyGrr Tech so low but a buddy tipped me off as to what was going on.

About this guy being the most trusted... I was going to make a rating agency for GLBSE and was questioning him about his operation and who he was. Things did not add up right and I stayed far away. I never did the agency because conflict of interest and because I was too busy. If I get time I will set one up but I do not even have TyGrr.com set up yet... I have been very involved in bitcoin projects.

Why was this guy so trusted? Did he send out his personal info like I did? Anyone know this guy?

he was one of the very first to setup on GLBSE, he had several good companies that ran well very regular dividends. He also had a nice website for it and all the statistics and economics report could be found. But recently is has not been updated and the dividends were being payed out in regular. Hmm should have seen the pattern ... Sad ohh well
January 18, 2012, 10:48:47 AM

I've taken a large hiding on LIF.CX. Are you really telling us you've managed to lose 95% of our capital with your strategy?!?  Huh The bitcoin price has roughly doubled. If the entire capital were in USD, this would result in a loss of only  Roll Eyes 50%. I suspect leverage was at play. Nice work if you can get it, betting with other people's money (OPM). If it works, you take 5% of the profits; if you crash and burn it doesn't matter because its OPM, so you lose nothing.

This.  What the hell.  The guy is supposed to be the most trusted guy in the GLBSE community.  I looked at LIF.CX as a mid-term hedge in a way, and it was Peter's reputation and the sheer volume of OPM that made that possible.  Unfortunately the trust he gained in the community was unfounded, at this point he should be wearing the freakin scammer tag, he isn't even trying to communicate.   The LIF.CX makes me mad more than the others too, because it was the TOP stock and the first one to do massive volume, and it was paying a dividend until just a couple weeks ago, implying that the holdings were at 100 + % at that point.  As well, all of his financials are gone, and he never released the ones for December.

The other thing, he went and deleted all of his posts on this forum, he was a hero member, now he has 70 posts.  Deleted all traces of his websites, this is really feeling like a calculated scam.  In the unfortunate event that he really did lose a bunch of shit, or was in a position where he was holding a bunch of stocks he thought he were worthless, why did he not just come to the community and say look guys, this is the position we are in, and why, with some actual data.  Instead of "duhhhhh, sorry guys, i lost all your money, i'm gonna go now...derrr herp a derp".

I do have to admit, the writing was on the wall, I had noticed signs of something up for a few weeks at least, but ya know I am a busy guy, I understand how life gets.  I figured the guy had a new baby, wife's probably nagging him a little more, shit just getting to him, fine.  Give him a chance, give him the benefit of the doubt, he's not going to pull a runner, just a little busy.  I even accumulated a little more at what I thought was a good value.   BULLSHIT.

Activity: 343
Merit: 250
January 18, 2012, 10:47:47 AM
Agreed.

More explanation is necessary. This is extremely disappointing.

It is also unclear whether the current bids for the LIF.A and LIF.CX assets are Peter's.

I would like clarification on that from Peter.

For personal reasons, I have decided to get out of the bitcoin business. I have put up orders to buy back the outstanding shares of the LIF assets.

Unfortunately, my trading strategy seems to have been flawed, we lost a bunch of money.

I have been selling off the GLBSE assets held by the fund, but it appears many of the buy offers were not real, and I was only able to recover a small amount for the assets held. Many of the GLBSE assets turned out to be scams.

Peter, if you don't give us more explanation than this, isn't it you who turned out to be the scam?
Activity: 518
January 18, 2012, 08:39:02 AM
This may explain the selling of large volumes of BIB.goat. I thought it was goat himself needing money.

I've taken a large hiding on LIF.CX. Are you really telling us you've managed to lose 95% of our capital with your strategy?!?  Huh The bitcoin price has roughly doubled. If the entire capital were in USD, this would result in a loss of only  Roll Eyes 50%. I suspect leverage was at play. Nice work if you can get it, betting with other people's money (OPM). If it works, you take 5% of the profits; if you crash and burn it doesn't matter because its OPM, so you lose nothing.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
January 18, 2012, 06:43:57 AM
fucking shit.
NOT A SINGLE ONE of my investents on GLBSE is in the green.
I've bought (very minor) amounts of just about anything, just to play around and get a feel.

I have a feel - this fucking shit fucking sucks goat ass, unwashed.

hmm, my ass is rather clean thanks. also in dollar terms my stock is over double... i highly doubt you lust much of anything on TyGrr Tech esp if you count the dividends.

i grant you that the BTC/USD has played favorably for those whose stocks haven't halved.
i also didn't want to attack you personally, i did point out that i wasn't into mining, so I didnt invest in mining, which is what I think you're doing, so you're exempt :-D
Activity: 476
January 18, 2012, 06:01:23 AM
fucking shit.
I've bought (very minor) amounts of just about anything, just to play around and get a feel.

did you try bmmo? Look at the charts Wink Teek does awesome work, regularly pays dividends, and from my calculations this stock is still undervalued (when comparing P/D of some other glbse stocks). You should also note that the price is not everything, dividends are of equal if not greater importance.

oh, I know, I'm a socktrader by profession.
I just don't want mining, I run a mining rig myself, so I got that covered.
I wanted to see if anyone could actually pretend they were pulling profit out of non-mining businesses. they aren't.

Well, one is, I guess: BitCoinTorrentz.
So maybe I'll just go there.
Agreed. I sincerely hope this is going to change though.
legendary
January 18, 2012, 05:59:45 AM
fucking shit.

did you try bmmo? Look at the charts Wink Teek does awesome work, regularly pays dividends, and from my calculations this stock is still undervalued (when comparing P/D of some other glbse stocks). You should also note that the price is not everything, dividends are of equal if not greater importance.

oh, I know, I'm a socktrader by profession.
I just don't want mining, I run a mining rig myself, so I got that covered.
I wanted to see if anyone could actually pretend they were pulling profit out of non-mining businesses. they aren't.

Well, one is, I guess: BitCoinTorrentz.
So maybe I'll just go there.
January 18, 2012, 05:45:02 AM
fucking shit.

legendary
January 18, 2012, 05:43:03 AM
fucking shit.

January 18, 2012, 05:29:28 AM
What about the mining contract? Did you managed to resell it?
Activity: 574
January 17, 2012, 10:33:32 PM
For personal reasons, I have decided to get out of the bitcoin business. I have put up orders to buy back the outstanding shares of the LIF assets.

Unfortunately, my trading strategy seems to have been flawed, we lost a bunch of money.

For someone who claimed to be doing extensive research, spoke with asset owners, created and ran a blog reviewing those assets, and was the single most visible voice concerning those assets, it seems a little disingenuous to claim that they were scams. And if the "offers" that represent the vast majority of the buy orders for the LIF family of funds are your "buy back" they are not a buy back, they are an insult, and proof that this was nothing but a money grab by one hell of a slick snake oil salesman.

I am done with these two bit little pissant conmen who think the GLBSE should be their personal playground to fleece bitcoin users. I am tired of hearing this bullshit line about how tired they all are after they have raked their profits and made everything they think they can, and now it is time to flush the toilet on their pile of shit.
January 17, 2012, 10:00:19 PM

Peter, if you don't give us more explanation than this, isn't it you who turned out to be the scam?
Activity: 756
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
January 17, 2012, 09:23:56 PM
I will be closing the LIF assets. I have put up orders to buy back the outstanding shares of the LIF assets.

Unfortunately, we lost a bunch of money.

Activity: 770
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
January 16, 2012, 11:02:47 PM
I'll wait for the announcement

It is basically already announced, I don't think his idea of "protecting" anyone worked out too well by making a vague, yet negative announcement.  I lost 10 BTC just in buying shares because I had bids up when he released that motion.  Unfortunately 10 btc is a drop in the bucket.. compared to the slaughter I will take on these "solid investments in bitcoin".  If you make an announcement, about a pending announcement, I think you are supposed to leave it up to imagination, ie: leave room for speculation and let natural market forces work their magic.  Announcing a negative news is forthcoming just screwed anyone who was in the market without giving them any chance at all to react and make their decision..  I mean of course rumours can slip out and things of that nature, but this is right from the horses mouth.  I am extremely disapointed.

I genuinely hope there is something I am missing here, and I have mis-understood Peters actions. 

The announcement coupled with the LIF funds website being down is a bad situation...  Sad
January 16, 2012, 10:29:10 PM
I'll wait for the announcement

It is basically already announced, I don't think his idea of "protecting" anyone worked out too well by making a vague, yet negative announcement.  I lost 10 BTC just in buying shares because I had bids up when he released that motion.  Unfortunately 10 btc is a drop in the bucket.. compared to the slaughter I will take on these "solid investments in bitcoin".  If you make an announcement, about a pending announcement, I think you are supposed to leave it up to imagination, ie: leave room for speculation and let natural market forces work their magic.  Announcing a negative news is forthcoming just screwed anyone who was in the market without giving them any chance at all to react and make their decision..  I mean of course rumours can slip out and things of that nature, but this is right from the horses mouth.  I am extremely disapointed.

I genuinely hope there is something I am missing here, and I have mis-understood Peters actions. 
January 16, 2012, 10:10:01 PM
What about LIF.CX? 
Activity: 756
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
January 16, 2012, 09:59:08 PM
I will be making an announcement tomorrow. I suggest any orders to buy/sell any of the LIF family of stocks be removed pending the announcement.
Pages:
Jump to: