Pages:
Author

Topic: Was Ross Ulbright framed by the FBI? - page 2. (Read 2936 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
April 27, 2015, 06:21:31 PM
Yes, and in this case it's once more removed. As you point out, HE did not even sell the drugs. I could imagine an argument against someone who helped Al Qaeda get a nuke. We would not let that guy go free because he should have some responsibility when they blow up London. But how far can you carry this logic?
It should be somehow judged on case to case. In this case Ross would have provided the location for the nuke buy/exchange. Although one can't compare nukes and drugs. Things become complicated the deeper we go.
If he does get convicted for these overdoses then something is definitely wrong. They're trying to bury Ross so deep that no amount of evidence would set him free.

That's what happens when the government wants to make an example of you.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
April 27, 2015, 05:03:23 PM
It's not a law I like, but...
Well that is ridiculous. Running a website where people trade illegal goods shouldn't be comparable to that, but I guess the people running the states aren't very smart. Such a law shouldn't be applied on all criminal enterprises since it obviously has variations. Selling someone drugs, and hosting a website where someone else is selling drugs shouldn't be put in the same bag.
Yes, and in this case it's once more removed. As you point out, HE did not even sell the drugs. I could imagine an argument against someone who helped Al Qaeda get a nuke. We would not let that guy go free because he should have some responsibility when they blow up London. But how far can you carry this logic?

legendary
Terminated.
April 27, 2015, 04:50:08 PM
It's not a law I like, but I think he could be charged with their deaths in some states. If he is facilitating a criminal enterprise then he may be held responsible for all the actions of that enterprise. For example, if I ran a murder for hire ring that preformed several hits, I could be charged with those murders even if I did not participate in any way. Simply being the leader of the group that specifically kills people could be enough.
It is similar to how a a bank robbery that causes a death is on every member of the team that robs the bank. They can all be charged with the same death. In fact they don't even have to kill anyone. If the bank guard dies of a heart attack during the robbery, then all the robbers may be charged with reckless homicide.  
I don't know what the laws are in NYC. Murder is not against federal law, states decide what murder is and who should be charged.
Well that is ridiculous. Running a website where people trade illegal goods shouldn't be comparable to that, but I guess the people running the states aren't very smart. Such a law shouldn't be applied on all criminal enterprises since it obviously has variations. Selling someone drugs, and hosting a website where someone else is selling drugs shouldn't be put in the same bag.
Yes, getting the info to Ross is part of the problem. More of the problem is how to get him to believe. More of the problem shows itself when he believes, in that he can't play in both worlds with this. He either has to go as he has, or he must go in exclusively under common law. The government will attempt to trick him into remaining as he is, or into perjuring his common law testimony by changing it.

If anyone can get Ross off, winning this battle all the way, it would be a great help both for Bitcoin and for freedom to use psychedelic drugs as they wanted.

We want freedom from government. We have it if we use the process I express in my previous post correctly.

Smiley
Getting him to believe that he can walk away free if he calls upon America on the stand? I don't think we'd have a problem with that since his defense horribly failed.
How about getting in touch with his mother?  

legendary
April 27, 2015, 04:21:29 PM
Exactly how is it his fault that someone bought drugs from some person and overdosed? Ross had no influence over who bought what nor how would they take it.
It's not a law I like, but I think he could be charged with their deaths in some states. If he is facilitating a criminal enterprise then he may be held responsible for all the actions of that enterprise. For example, if I ran a murder for hire ring that preformed several hits, I could be charged with those murders even if I did not participate in any way. Simply being the leader of the group that specifically kills people could be enough.
It is similar to how a a bank robbery that causes a death is on every member of the team that robs the bank. They can all be charged with the same death. In fact they don't even have to kill anyone. If the bank guard dies of a heart attack during the robbery, then all the robbers may be charged with reckless homicide. 
I don't know what the laws are in NYC. Murder is not against federal law, states decide what murder is and who should be charged.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
April 27, 2015, 04:05:02 PM
Exactly how is it his fault that someone bought drugs from some person and overdosed? Ross had no influence over who bought what nor how would they take it.

Of course Ross Ulbricht was framed by the FBI and others, even the whole justice system. But the biggest method that they framed him was to keep him thinking that they had a case against him. So, essentially, he framed himself.

In American law and courts, if Ross had simply fired his attorneys and:
1. Stood as a man in court, present, not representing himself and not being represented;
2. Wished, required and demanded that his accuser come forward, swear or affirm to tell the truth and take the stand so that Ross could cross examine him/her about whatever harm or damage Ross had done to him/her...

... nothing else would have mattered. Why not? Because the plaintiff must appear and get on the stand (if a person demands it man to man), and the plaintiff in Ross's case couldn't appear and get on the stand, because THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (the plaintiff in this case) can't do anything... not swear to tell the truth, not take the stand, not answer questions... nothing, because the plaintiff is paperwork.
If Ross had done this, and had stood his ground and did this clearly under all circumstances, he could have been set free, and demanded his property - computer and bitcoins - be returned to him, and government would have had to do it.

In fact, Ross's time for sentencing is coming up. If he does this even at sentencing, he can get off scott free.
Listen here http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-39904/TS-963949.mp3 to see how things work (almost 4 hours audio).
I rarely agree with you due to certain reasons, but now I have to. I remember watching some video or reading something about this.
This is quite real and possible; certainly some would doubt it. The question is how to get this information to Ross himself?
His defense lawyers could be influenced by the FBI as well!

Update:
After taking a look at this website: http://freeross.org/contact-us-2/ there seems to be a way to contact him. Can someone confirm this?

Yes, getting the info to Ross is part of the problem. More of the problem is how to get him to believe. More of the problem shows itself when he believes, in that he can't play in both worlds with this. He either has to go as he has, or he must go in exclusively under common law. The government will attempt to trick him into remaining as he is, or into perjuring his common law testimony by changing it.

If anyone can get Ross off, winning this battle all the way, it would be a great help both for Bitcoin and for freedom to use psychedelic drugs as they wanted.

We want freedom from government. We have it if we use the process I express in my previous post correctly.

Smiley
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
April 27, 2015, 03:23:50 PM
I can confirm.
legendary
Terminated.
April 27, 2015, 02:32:28 PM

Of course Ross Ulbricht was framed by the FBI and others, even the whole justice system. But the biggest method that they framed him was to keep him thinking that they had a case against him. So, essentially, he framed himself.

1. Stood as a man in court, present, not representing himself and not being represented;
2. Wished, required and demanded that his accuser come forward, swear or affirm to tell the truth and take the stand so that Ross could cross examine him/her about whatever harm or damage Ross had done to him/her...

... nothing else would have mattered. Why not? Because the plaintiff must appear and get on the stand (if a person demands it man to man), and the plaintiff in Ross's case couldn't appear and get on the stand, because THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (the plaintiff in this case) can't do anything... not swear to tell the truth, not take the stand, not answer questions... nothing, because the plaintiff is paperwork.
If Ross had done this, and had stood his ground and did this clearly under all circumstances, he could have been set free, and demanded his property - computer and bitcoins - be returned to him, and government would have had to do it.

In fact, Ross's time for sentencing is coming up. If he does this even at sentencing, he can get off scott free.
Listen here http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-39904/TS-963949.mp3 to see how things work (almost 4 hours audio).
I rarely agree with you due to certain reasons, but now I have to. I remember watching some video or reading something about this.
This is quite real and possible; certainly some would doubt it. The question is how to get this information to Ross himself?
His defense lawyers could be influenced by the FBI as well!

Update:
After taking a look at this website: http://freeross.org/contact-us-2/ there seems to be a way to contact him. Can someone confirm this?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
April 27, 2015, 01:09:41 PM
Yes ! sure he was ..  Cool
legendary
April 27, 2015, 01:08:13 PM
Look, if you were walking down the sidewalk in your favorite city, and some guy named Pete passed you walking on the sidewalk, and you both said "hi" like people often do, and you went on your way and so did Pete, can Pete take you to court and sue you for harming him?

Yes, he can try... but...

Pete needs to have some harm or damage to himself.
Pete needs to show that it was you who did the harm or damage through some evidence.
Pete needs to have an impartial witness who saw that you did the harm or damage.

If Pete doesn't have all of these, he has no case.

In addition, since it is Pete who is accusing you, he has to be available at your trial to get on the stand and testify that these things are true. You have to be given the chance to question Pete.

This is standard American law.

----------

In Ross Ulbricht's case, who did Ross hurt? Where is the person who got a bloody nose or a broken arm, or some harm that was done by Ross? What person is going to come forward and say on the stand, "I was hurt, I was damaged, by Ross." Whose property did Ross damage? What property was it? Show the damage and the harm.

The laws don't count because Ross didn't have anything to do with making the laws or taking an oath to obey the laws.

You can use this to get out of ALL the traffic tickets you ever got into. As long as you don't harm somebody, or damage someone's property, and as long as the person is unwilling to get on the stand and literally testify that it was his property or person that was harmed or damaged, they have no case against you.

The trick is opening up your own case right in the middle of their case against you. You need to write a 2 or 3 sentences notice to the court that:
1. I, a man, Joe Blow, wish, require and demand that any man/woman whom I have harmed, or whose property I have damaged come forward and make their claim against me so that I can repay them for the harm or damage.
2. I wish, require and demand that if nobody comes forward to make a claim of harm or property damage against me, that this case against me be discharged.
3. I wish, require and demand that all of my property that was wrongfully taken from me regarding this case be immediately returned to me.
4. I wish, require and demand $100,000 as damages from my accusers for filing a false claim against me.

Give the notice in writing. Swear it under oath from the stand. And stick to it no matter what they say. Say almost nothing else.

America is a common law country. And "common law" means that you are set free if you haven't done any harm or damage, and your property is returned to you. In addition, if anyone has filed a false claim against you, you can require damages from him for making the false claim.

See http://voidjudgments.com/.

Ross can win big time if he only does something like this, and sticks to it.

And, you can use this in all your cases, as well.

Smiley
legendary
April 27, 2015, 12:32:12 PM

Smiley
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
April 27, 2015, 12:12:09 PM
I think the only thing ulbricht got framed by was his own stupidity. It will be interesting to see if he gets a retrial due to this new 'evidence' though. I'm on the fence about him on a whole though but it would be nice to get the truth of the whole story.
legendary
April 27, 2015, 11:28:41 AM
Is his lawyer claiming this?
It seems only people here are saying he was framed. How did you arrive at that conclusion even when his own defense is not making such a claim? If he was framed you would think he would mention it.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
April 27, 2015, 08:57:07 AM
I don't think he was framed, I think if he was framed this whole thing would have gone a lot faster and the silk road wouldn't have been online for some long.

So how do you explain my finds?
I seem to be missing something, how is Ross changing from Silk Road to DPR anything substantial? Seems like he wanted an identity instead of just silkroad.

You are.
Read my OP again carefully.
If you still have trouble understanding what happened (or more like what they did), let me know and I 'll break it down to you  Wink
Okay I see what is the issue, he by the timeline changed it six months later but the first post of him as DPR was in december 2011.
15 days after he posted as him someone told him to change it from admin to DPR.
Couldn't it just be that he was jokingly suggesting that the head of silk road would dpr and the post 15 days later is someone saying do it for real and commit?
legendary
Terminated.
April 27, 2015, 11:10:35 AM
I have no clue who made it, it was pointed out to me recently by AGD.
Variety Jones did meet in person with PoM and Shabang, so they know who he is since they met at VJs house: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11208170

I think it's only a matter of time.

The site is definitely something. Yes, I've read that. Who are PoM and Shabang? Well I hope that this mystery person gets found. One must say that this is quite exciting when thinking about it.

Crap....
You are asking me to go back through all the logs to find the chat of Ross with VJ which says that it was him/her that inspired him to change his username from Silk Road ([1] Admin) to Dread Pirate Roberts.
Just go through the timeline and you will find many flaws on this "story"

[1] Why did VJ tell him to change it from 'Admin' to Dread Pirate Roberts when Ross was registered as Silk Road?
There are many flaws in this story man.
I am not saying Ross is innocent but looking at the bullshit finds/evidence makes me wonder if he is a scapegoat....

That brings us to one question: Who the f*ck is Variety Jones : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/who-is-variety-jones-935434
Well it does not make sense. I guess either Ross was framed by the FBI or he was tricked by VJ or another person.
I don't believe he's on it alone (if he's guilty of almost anything that is).
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
April 27, 2015, 09:23:28 AM
I don't think he was framed, I think if he was framed this whole thing would have gone a lot faster and the silk road wouldn't have been online for some long.

I seem to be missing something, how is Ross changing from Silk Road to DPR anything substantial? Seems like he wanted an identity instead of just silkroad.

You are.
If you still have trouble understanding what happened (or more like what they did), let me know and I 'll break it down to you  Wink
Okay I see what is the issue, he by the timeline changed it six months later but the first post of him as DPR was in december 2011.
15 days after he posted as him someone told him to change it from admin to DPR.
Couldn't it just be that he was jokingly suggesting that the head of silk road would dpr and the post 15 days later is someone saying do it for real and commit?

Crap....
You are asking me to go back through all the logs to find the chat of Ross with VJ which says that it was him/her that inspired him to change his username from Silk Road ([1] Admin) to Dread Pirate Roberts.
Just go through the timeline and you will find many flaws on this "story"

[1] Why did VJ tell him to change it from 'Admin' to Dread Pirate Roberts when Ross was registered as Silk Road?
There are many flaws in this story man.
I am not saying Ross is innocent but looking at the bullshit finds/evidence makes me wonder if he is a scapegoat....

That brings us to one question: Who the f*ck is Variety Jones : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/who-is-variety-jones-935434
April 27, 2015, 08:47:32 AM

April 27, 2015, 08:51:19 AM

You are.
If you still have trouble understanding what happened (or more like what they did), let me know and I 'll break it down to you  Wink
April 27, 2015, 08:01:47 AM
April 27, 2015, 08:10:44 AM

Pages:
Jump to: