Pages:
Author

Topic: WAVES | Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform | SMART CONTRACTS COMING! - page 84. (Read 61979 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Currently wave has a good price to buy. Just a thought of it being below 5 is a bargain. Got to exchange from what I have earned this past days for this sucker. It can gain momentum any time so I am stashing some.
Activity: 994
Merit: 277
While Bitcoin is struggling to handle transactions, fees rising to the moon and forks flying around like vultures...

...Waves implemented Waves-NG on testnet, handling over 1000tx/s on the blockchain... for a fixed fee of 0.001 Waves / tx.

Bitcoin can handle ~648,000 transactions in 24 hours.

The Waves blockchain can handle that same amount of transactions in just over 10 minutes...

Do we need it? We do!

DEX is growing, daily transactions are growing, the new DEX release is coming and with Waves-NG we can handle a whopping 86,000,000 transactions / 24 hours.

Activity: 700
Merit: 254
^
This is an amazing feature everyone was waiting for!
If someone was complaining about the fact that there are too many new features for the waves platform, hence capping the rise, I believe this would be a major boost!!
Source: http://wavescommunity.com/join-waves-client-closed-beta

Waves Web Client closed beta test is starting on Monday!

Join Waves Web Client Closed Beta Test!
Fill in the application form to be among the first people to see the new client.
We’ll consider all of the applications and select up to 100 people that we’ll grant the access to beta testing.

The Closed Beta Test is staring on Monday, November 20th and will last for a week.
We’ll award WAVES to our three most active and efficient testers.
The more unique bugs you discover – the better!

The application form is available for a limited time only.

the other interested factor (wrote about it in another thread), am i right in considering anyone can produce a token in waves including utilizing the same title as already existing token in waves platform    appears a occur/scams no?

You could create thousands of tokens with the name Bitcoin or Ethereum but they won't show up in the Waves DEX.
Only verified tokens will show up when you type their names.

So no, not easy to scam someone Wink
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
How do I join waves slack?
Activity: 204
Merit: 252
Does anyone know if there is development for Ledger Nano for storing private keys?
The goal of course is that you use the client and trade on DEX but the private keys will remain on hardware and signed by device only.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Why is the price not rocketering Huh
I never understood why people think posting some news must result in a direct price increase.

Because after news people have expectations. On the market we trade expectations. The price can go either way.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Awesome news on Waves!  The stress test went very well, you can check the result in the blogpost!

https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-ng-stress-test-results-in-44090f59bb15

"The nodes processed a total of 4.6 million transactions, giving an average throughput of 2,000 txs/minute. Peak bandwidth was 17,000 txs/minute. When it comes to running the software on mainnet, we expect nodes to be able to process up to 6,000 txs/minute, or 100 per second."

This is great. So waves is going to be the coin with the most txs/minute? Is there any other coin out there with similar stats?

Bitcore (BTX) can process 42k txs per minute (60.8 mio per 24hr) . It is growing exponentially. Waves NG's speed was impressive however. These speeds are crypto approriate Cheesy

Were did you got that info ? BTX blocks has a 10min interval.

Waves NG keyblocks has 1min interval, and 3sec for microblocks.

BTX blocks has a 2.5 min interval, unlike Bitcoin. I dont know if that makes it faster than Waves that has a 1 min . I got the info from their page on facebook.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Waves tokens have very strong holders.  I am surprised to see the price of Waves is holding up well even though Bitcoin is rising at a quick pace.  Many altcoins are being hit pretty hard.  Waves NG will bring many more strong supporters to the project.  There's no stopping Waves from turning into a Tsunami!
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
"The emerging crypto-economy closely resembles the old, traditional economy — in fact, it is a continuation of it, just on a new technical and conceptual level. A major part of this crypto ecosystem is an open market price discovery mechanism, which takes place on both centralised exchanges and on the emerging decentralised crypto exchanges. What we’re potentially going to see in the future is streamlined financial markets, with low entry barriers, less regulation (at least less centralised regulation; regulation will be carried out through crowdintelligence, smart contracts and AI), low transaction fees and liquid orderbooks."

Seen at: https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-are-liquid-fbc64ae1755a
Activity: 124
Merit: 1

i mean with every (positive) post or news about the waves price is same or lower Huh

how come ??

It was 0.16 cents two months ago. Now it's 5 dollars. x30 rise just in two months. Crazy isn't it? Don't worry it will be 50 - 100$ next year.

Erm, if you take a look to coinmarketcap, you can see that waves was at about 4USD two months ago.
In fact, since the big crypto rise from april to June, it has been moving between 3 and 6 USD.
I have to agree there is not that much reaction to all the good news so far, but still when you compare to the price early 2017 (about 0.25 $), we have already seen a fair increase in price.
I hope at one point the price will increase suddenly again, in the same way to what happenned with ethereum in the first semester 2017  Roll Eyes

Good news only gives speculation with short pump and dumps. For sustainable price incease, we need mass adoption and real usage. This will happen over time with all the new updates (Waves NG, Dex etc.). Look ahead on the long term potential, not the price of today. “Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.” - Warren Buffet
Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

i mean with every (positive) post or news about the waves price is same or lower Huh

how come ??

It was 0.16 cents two months ago. Now it's 5 dollars. x30 rise just in two months. Crazy isn't it? Don't worry it will be 50 - 100$ next year.

this coins is one of most active coin there it is , with huge community and with nice developments....

as early adopter ( participated on the ico ) , it was more than a year around 20-30 cents (around 30k)  .... with the bigboom of BTC the price went high , in may-juni this year the price went to 240k ( around $ 6,60 )and after that it went down ( qua btc and fiat) , its normal because btc was rocketering and all altcoin suffered from this....

but its not logic when a coin this much adopted by an community and constantly in the news with developpings and collaboration with huge companys ( or big names)..... the price must be going high , but it isint

thats why i dont understand

I never understood why people think posting some news must result in a direct price increase.

if thread/twitter/fb constantly updated with (positive) news,may i not expect good rising of this coin  ??
Activity: 289
In fact, since the big crypto rise from april to June, it has been moving between 3 and 6 USD.

Waves is a coin that makes waves.  IMO it's one of the best to constantly trade and increase one's coins over time.
Activity: 185

how come ??

Erm, if you take a look to coinmarketcap, you can see that waves was at about 4USD two months ago.
I have to agree there is not that much reaction to all the good news so far, but still when you compare to the price early 2017 (about 0.25 $), we have already seen a fair increase in price.
I hope at one point the price will increase suddenly again, in the same way to what happenned with ethereum in the first semester 2017  Roll Eyes
Activity: 168

how come ??

Two months ago it was about $4.
Activity: 728

how come ??

Activity: 289
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Waves platform is pretty much steady right now . Hosting such ICO on its platform gives investors confidence as they realized how robust and reliable waves is.
Activity: 168

how come ??

IMO the main reason is currently, that BTC is rising again and most alts are down.
Pages:
Jump to: