Pages:
Author

Topic: We Have A Bitcoin City! Soon We Will Have Bitcoin Country! - page 2. (Read 4496 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
It's cool to have a city that accept bitcoin as the payment. A city is a great start for bitcoin and it can expand more later. But i'm wondering if they will wait for confirmation before serving food in the restaurant or just serve it.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
it was cool when I see a lot of restaurants that accept bitcoin payments and facilitate faster payments without having to spend cash, I hope in my country will also receive payments bitcoin
This is a very good development, if a whole city is accepting bitcoin as a mode of payments is an improvement from were we are before. My prayer is that one  day will come when bitcoin will be accepted in all sectors of our economic. Bitcoin make life easy, the early you buy into the idea of crypto currencies the better for you.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Are You Sure ?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
So interesting!
I hope it'll be happen soon.
Nowadays, there'a a lot of restaurants and online stores that accepting the bitcoin as a payment and I can say that its cool bcoz soon, we can use bitcoin everywhere.

Unfortunately i didn't see quite a lot restaurants where i could pay with BTC. To be honestly i didn't see any shop where i could pay local and offline
with Bitcoins.
Where are those Restaurants where you can pay with BTC ?
Im pretty interested in such Restaurants / Coffee bars
Activity: 22
We have already Bitcoin country Liberland, now let's ask when we will have Bitcoin World?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1018
Cashback 15%
may be bitcoin country would come very soon i that country would be anyone from developed and bitcoin lover country. But probably country's decision is very difficult task to accept bitcoin as nation's currency instead of nation's own currency so many people could oppose the situation.
It might seem like a good idea to have a whole city built on bitcoin, but in theory it is not if you think of it really good you will find that teeing a whole economy system of country to the price of the bitcoin is something that is really bad, because bitcoin is not stable like the other currency and it could go down and even perish and that will cause the country to go down as well.
True,bitcoins price would really be the hindrance for a certain country would decide if they would accept bitcoin fully. Price does really matter because we all know bitcoin is too volatile and unlike local fiat its value is already fixed which is normally wanted by most people who do live on a certain country.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
It is a good idea to have more cities that accept Bitcoin in stores in bars by doing that they expand the Bitcoin community.
But as long they don't replace the other ways to pay it is a pretty good idea.
Activity: 26
Just imagine the convenience if bitcoin has reached this point but beyond is way better. I just can't wait for the time to come for the bitcoin to gain worldwide acceptance.  Cheesy
Activity: 1022
Merit: 511
may be bitcoin country would come very soon i that country would be anyone from developed and bitcoin lover country. But probably country's decision is very difficult task to accept bitcoin as nation's currency instead of nation's own currency so many people could oppose the situation.
It might seem like a good idea to have a whole city built on bitcoin, but in theory it is not if you think of it really good you will find that teeing a whole economy system of country to the price of the bitcoin is something that is really bad, because bitcoin is not stable like the other currency and it could go down and even perish and that will cause the country to go down as well.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
So interesting!
I hope it'll be happen soon.
Nowadays, there'a a lot of restaurants and online stores that accepting the bitcoin as a payment and I can say that its cool bcoz soon, we can use bitcoin everywhere.
Activity: 560
Merit: 290
www.thegeomadao.com
Guys! What do you think about the Liberland Project? they said that their currency will be BTC! BTCBTC
 At the beginning i thoght that people it's wasting their time, but they're pushing hard, giving conferences, spreading the libertarianism.
As son as a couple of nations recognize it, will be a boost for bitcoin!
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think it's a bit exaggerated to say you can buy anything in that city with Bitcoins... I doubt this a bit, as there isn't any sources of this news. But it's nice to know some stores, pubs accepted the idea from the Bitcoin enthusiasts, if they sold many things for BTCs they made a good profit since 2014. A BTC country however, is something that will take much more time to become real. The beauty here is that anyone can start accepting Bitcoins as they want, and don't accept it if they don't want, and I hope it continues this way for much time yet.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 3037
BTC price road to $80k
Arnhem world's most Bitcoin friendly  city located in Netherlands, you can buy everything with bitcoin in it.

Arnhem Bitcoinstad" ('Bitcoin City') as they call it, came into existence when three Bitcoin enthusiasts decided they wanted to be able to spend bitcoins in their own town. They went on a mission to convince local bars and restaurant owners to accept bitcoin payments. At the opening at May 28th 2014, 15 places accepted bitcoins. Since then, more and more shop owners joined them so you can buy a greater diversity of products and pay with Bitcoin in Arnhem.

What we will have next, Bitcoin Country?
What other Bitcoin friendly places you would recommend?
Never heard this news that there are bitcoin city in netherland and i think more country right now are accepting bitcoin locally in some stores brazil and paris and this netherland which is bitcoin are accepting bitcoin locally and hope more countries right now are accepting locally even few stores are accepting it will gradually increase more stores in the future..
USA
Activity: 14
Looking forward for Bitcoin country!
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
EtherSphere - Social Games
You all have heard of the Russian prophecy?
#russianprophecy

But that was going to happen in 2016. So a year late but still able to happen due to Trump is being control by Putin
even if he doesn't know it yet.
Putin will have him press the red button and destroy all his own missile silos and then come on in the front door with ease. Embarrassed
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
It is cool that we have bitcoin city now and this is a good news for people from netherlands which near with arnhem because if they have bitcoin, then they can use bitcoin to buy what they want and they can buy something in that city. when I see a lot of restaurants that accept bitcoin payments and facilitate faster payments without having to spend cash, I hope in my country will also receive payments bitcoin
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
So to be a city that primarily runs on bitcoin they must have a bitcoin bank. Grin
Where they can deposit and make withdraws where they want. Or are they just using kiosks and doing all transactions from their phones to other phones?
What about their savings accounts where are they located?

A bitcoin country is a country that even their government will accept bitcoin as a form of payment to government services.  I we already have a bitcoin city then probably Switzerland can be considered a bitcoin country. But what is lacking in Switzerland is the mass adoption of bitcoin by the society but if it will happen then its just a matter of time until it will come true.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Arnhem world's most Bitcoin friendly  city located in Netherlands, you can buy everything with bitcoin in it.

Arnhem Bitcoinstad" ('Bitcoin City') as they call it, came into existence when three Bitcoin enthusiasts decided they wanted to be able to spend bitcoins in their own town. They went on a mission to convince local bars and restaurant owners to accept bitcoin payments. At the opening at May 28th 2014, 15 places accepted bitcoins. Since then, more and more shop owners joined them so you can buy a greater diversity of products and pay with Bitcoin in Arnhem.

What we will have next, Bitcoin Country?
What other Bitcoin friendly places you would recommend?
Next will be more cities around the globe... and eventually some countries as well.
But I would like to know how are they making sure the payments? I mean as the transactions take time... how are the managing to buy/sell real time?

the world is now a global village and bitcoin is our global currency. people are now introducing the bitcoin and they are taking interested here. i am hopeful that very soon all the people of the world will be using bitcoin. not only for online purpose but for offline also. and very soon local shops will be accepting bitcoin for shopping.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
There is already a country that accepts bitcoin as its official currency. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberland
I wonder what would happen if I started using bitcoin as the whole world payment system today.
This may be the next step. But it is not possible to see it in the century we live in.

This is the last point.
Pages:
Jump to: