Pages:
Author

Topic: We Have A Bitcoin City! Soon We Will Have Bitcoin Country! - page 3. (Read 4496 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

Wow! that was totally cool, everywhere they go bitcoin is always a part of their mode of payment in their place in majority of the business they had. I hope in the near future that most of the country will also be like that place, like bitcoin country as the mentioned above.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Yes, bitcoin is going mainstream now and no one can stop that from happening. A lot of countries are putting regulations on how the use bitcoins so this is good news as well. But I doubt if that there will be a bitcoin country, perhaps recognizing bitcoin as same as fiat but not replacing fiat as currency of a certain country.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
Nice to see that,there is region in Switzerland what is accepting bitcoin,some years ago my Spanish friend told me that it was possible to pay shopping in supermarkets with btc in Andalusia,Bitcoin is popular in Catalunya becouse paypal is blocked there
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Good to hear that Smiley .yes of course it would very possible since there are many users already uses bitcoin and many people are aware about this. If we spread bitcoin throughout the country then no doubt it would become more famous, successful enough to have bitcoin country. Soon!
Activity: 265
Looks like Kenya can become first Bitcoin country changing Mpesa to Bitcoin.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Arnhem world's most Bitcoin friendly  city located in Netherlands, you can buy everything with bitcoin in it.

Arnhem Bitcoinstad" ('Bitcoin City') as they call it, came into existence when three Bitcoin enthusiasts decided they wanted to be able to spend bitcoins in their own town. They went on a mission to convince local bars and restaurant owners to accept bitcoin payments. At the opening at May 28th 2014, 15 places accepted bitcoins. Since then, more and more shop owners joined them so you can buy a greater diversity of products and pay with Bitcoin in Arnhem.

What we will have next, Bitcoin Country?
What other Bitcoin friendly places you would recommend?
Next will be more cities around the globe... and eventually some countries as well.
But I would like to know how are they making sure the payments? I mean as the transactions take time... how are the managing to buy/sell real time?
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-conquers-morocco-as-underground-crypto-bazaar-is-flourishing

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies use are spreading rapidly in the Kingdom of Morocco on the blind side of the global Satoshi community. Professional crypto trader and developer, Aziz Elmi estimates that more than $200,000 of Bitcoin trading is done daily under the radar in his native Morocco.

Elmi is a leading member of the crypto community in his country with a huge following and the main developer of AtlasCoin, one of Africa's only two cryptocurrencies. He is positive Morocco has a lot to offer to the digital currency world.

Morocco's unwillingness to open up enough to the rest of the world may account for the silent revolution that is going on there. Some pundits think Morocco might be ahead of some of the countries in Africa. Morocco is perceived as leaders in Bitcoin adoption, like Kenya, Ghana and even Nigeria.
Activity: 504
Arnhem world's most Bitcoin friendly  city located in Netherlands, you can buy everything with bitcoin in it.

Arnhem Bitcoinstad" ('Bitcoin City') as they call it, came into existence when three Bitcoin enthusiasts decided they wanted to be able to spend bitcoins in their own town. They went on a mission to convince local bars and restaurant owners to accept bitcoin payments. At the opening at May 28th 2014, 15 places accepted bitcoins. Since then, more and more shop owners joined them so you can buy a greater diversity of products and pay with Bitcoin in Arnhem.

this is a great news actually for all of the bitcoin enthusiast. this only proves that it is not possible to people to adopt this digital currency as long as there is a proper mass information to convey to a certain community. if only mass information will be push through in every country, i will not wonder if ten years from now we will have not only a bitcoin community but a bitcoin country and a bitcoin world.
Activity: 728
EtherSphere - Social Games
So to be a city that primarily runs on bitcoin they must have a bitcoin bank. Grin
Where they can deposit and make withdraws where they want. Or are they just using kiosks and doing all transactions from their phones to other phones?
What about their savings accounts where are they located?
Activity: 560
Merit: 290
www.thegeomadao.com
This is a good attempt to difuse bitcoin and atract a part of people that im pretty sure are part of crypto currencies,  tourist people will travel around the world and being part of crypto world will make them choose a place where they can use it and meet others people as well.

If this groups are created at each country soon we will get a lot more exposure then we do have now at bitcoin.

Traveling around the world with bitcoin should be possible in the next 5 years. Just with having ATMs in every big airport it's an big step into.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Pretty cool, OP. It's been a few years since I've been back to Amsterdam/Netherlands. Do you or does anyone else know if this Arnhem (or any other city in the Netherlands) have coffee shops where you can buy pot with bitcoin? Because if so, I might have to book another trip...  Grin
Activity: 574
Now we actually looking with "BuyWithBitcoin.info" for someone who will write an article about Arnhem and submit to our page.
If you can do a review of Arnhem, submit to our page we will pay from 10$ to 100$ in bitcoin for it.
I think Arnhem is interesting for Bitcoin community and i would like to read this article also.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544

Wow! That is the biggest news I have heard about bitcoin usage and adoption in this forum. I hope the next thing to happen is the whole Netherlands will accept bitcoin as a mode of payment. In India there are groups who are now conducting lectures on the usage of bitcoin but its hard to say if they are next because of their settings, possibly it will be in Switzerland, Nigeria or Venezuela.
Activity: 938
This is a good attempt to difuse bitcoin and atract a part of people that im pretty sure are part of crypto currencies,  tourist people will travel around the world and being part of crypto world will make them choose a place where they can use it and meet others people as well.

If this groups are created at each country soon we will get a lot more exposure then we do have now at bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1018
Cashback 15%
I won’t lie but I am feeling jealous of this city as there is not even a single merchant who accepts bitcoin in my city ( the situation is probably same in the country). However I am very sure than in next 5 years, merchants around us would start accepting bitcoin if proper support is given to them and I think services like bitpay are offering such solutions and if it works well then in few years we will have bitcoin countries around the world.
That bitcoin city would be possible if bitcoins adoption would be on its fullest extent which means we dont already have problems on using our bitcoin because there are lots of merchants who reside that do accept bitcoin as a payment and same as yours theres still none here on my country or place.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
I won’t lie but I am feeling jealous of this city as there is not even a single merchant who accepts bitcoin in my city ( the situation is probably same in the country). However I am very sure than in next 5 years, merchants around us would start accepting bitcoin if proper support is given to them and I think services like bitpay are offering such solutions and if it works well then in few years we will have bitcoin countries around the world.
Activity: 686
Merit: 510
It seems so good, it was very affordable if all the establishments accept the bitcoin. Bitcoin really sounds so good, what about the bitcoin country? Awesome! Our life becomes so easy and enjoyable.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 654
it should be hard work to impress people to use a new thing rather than the old thing. bitcoin users from the other cities may go there and spend their bitcoin. well, if there's a country welcomes bitcoin, it would be better than.

and sadly I do not know the other bitcoin city.
Activity: 798
Merit: 506

This is very enthusiastic news! who is behind all this and how it happened? was it a result of government initiative or was it just a community efforts? I would like to see how it worked so that other cities can follow the suit.
For you, who wondering how it started? Whos behind this? Another user had shared the link https://www.arnhembitcoinstad.nl/
It was started when 3 bitcoiners want to spend Bitcoin as easy as spend fiat money.
"Arnhem Bitcoinstad" ('Bitcoin City') as they call it, came into existence when three Bitcoin enthusiasts decided they wanted to be able to spend bitcoins in their own town. They went on a mission to convince local bars and restaurant owners to accept bitcoin payments. At the opening at May 28th 2014, 15 places accepted bitcoins. Since then, more and more shop owners joined them so you can buy a greater diversity of products and pay with Bitcoin in Arnhem.
An amazing effort and work through years, right?
Moreover, bitcoiners offered special discounts to pay using bitcoin.

When paying with bitcoins: 10% discount on all sandwiches and drinks
Mo Lon: Kortestraat 25

10% discount on wine tasting events! Next to that: if you can show your studentcard you'll also get 10% discount on wines in the store if you pay with Bitcoin!
Robbers en Van den Hoogen: Velperweg 23

When paying with bitcoins: Second Whopper for free! (excl. bacon and cheese)
Burger King: Weverstraat 4
Activity: 246
My doubt would be how would the merchants deal with the ever changing price of bitcoin and how they will determine whether they will end up in loss as the price volatility of bitcoin is a known factor which prevents it from bitcoin being a merchant friendly option .If the price is stable it can be a good option but as a business owner i would not risk accepting bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: