Pages:
Author

Topic: We Need A New ICO Model - page 3. (Read 893 times)

Activity: 218
Merit: 10
November 16, 2018, 03:38:04 PM
Will it be as effective and profitable as the current one? No one can prove that until they invest the money themselves. ICO itself is a risky direction, but a new kind ...
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
November 16, 2018, 08:12:14 AM
Yes, I quite agree with you. There is an urgent need of a new ICO model with more unique projects if this industry will continue to thrive. We need a new model that will be able to curb the activities of scammers and also protect the intetest of investors.
copper member
Activity: 378
Merit: 0
November 16, 2018, 07:43:56 AM
I think there needs to be  strict regulation more than just new models. The regulation by some industry lawmaker will have to make stiff laws so that only vLid coin which have intention to be listed just enter the market. It will make reduce investor fear
Activity: 1372
Merit: 251
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
November 16, 2018, 07:40:25 AM
If changing the ICO system is better to avoid fraud and losing new models need to be implemented so that more investors enter comfortably not to be afraid of fraud
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
November 16, 2018, 07:25:08 AM
What is more fundamental in ICO model is the seriousness of the team, if the team are real and committed to what they said they want to do according to the whitepaper and roadmap then these topic wouldn't have come up because every vacuum will have being filled, meaning there wouldn't be any stone left unturned after all opportunity and advantages have been leverage on
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
November 16, 2018, 07:20:53 AM
For ICO investments to be more competitive and profitable, we need a new ICO model. This present ICO model is not progressive in nature and it gives room to all forms of manipulation from project owners. We need a model that gives investors rights in decision making of a project, we need a system that will made project team to be accountable. With a new ICO model, investors right will be protected and even secondary buyers will be excited to buy the coin or token on exchange once they know that the project will not be a fly by night project or a slow dying projects.

What do you guys think about this?

It sounds difficult. If every investor has the right to decide, it sounds like a vote by shareholders. If so, then most probably the most loyal holder is the publisher. It is no different than the normal project ...
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
November 16, 2018, 07:06:33 AM
For ICO investments to be more competitive and profitable, we need a new ICO model. This present ICO model is not progressive in nature and it gives room to all forms of manipulation from project owners. We need a model that gives investors rights in decision making of a project, we need a system that will made project team to be accountable. With a new ICO model, investors right will be protected and even secondary buyers will be excited to buy the coin or token on exchange once they know that the project will not be a fly by night project or a slow dying projects.

I agree with you we really need something more reliable and credible, these ICO ratings are not helping the industry, in fact, they are ruining the industry by giving paid reviews, they are not to be trusted anymore, just look at that fraud ICO they have a high rating in their sites.
Activity: 420
November 16, 2018, 06:52:41 AM
I think that it has already been created, we just need to integrate the smart contract, which today will not give all the money to the developers, but will pay this money after the DAO vote, that's all you need to do
Activity: 504
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
November 16, 2018, 06:48:34 AM
The presejt ICO system for raising and managing fund is not sustainable, peoppe investing want to be sure that they are not just giving their money  away, they want to see their money working on what the project is all about and they want to have a say. AnyICO that can guarantee thiese right and more would be preffered!
Activity: 1750
Merit: 589
November 16, 2018, 06:46:31 AM

Hell yeah, we really need a model that seeks the real need of a product with the use of cryptocurrencies, but when? I guess this would happen if people (investor,trader and holder) is not greedy anymore, why? Guess what scam ICO's are made of, simply the greediness lies on them, there will be no victims of scam ICO if we are just responsible enough and observant at the first place.
Activity: 854
November 16, 2018, 06:42:58 AM
I think that it's better if investors do their homework well. They must really dig deep into the ICO they are investing into to support something that is really serious in what they do.
Activity: 230
November 16, 2018, 06:36:22 AM
I have seen some new models like ITO and TGE , Some of the models dont have any token sale , they just airdrop their tokens so that they prevent whales in their project.
Activity: 18
November 16, 2018, 05:54:09 AM
I think the main problem with the current model is it's impossible to tell whether or not a project is a scam. It could have a revolutionary working product that could massively benefit the crypto-sphere but people's paranoia could potentially prevent it from ever coming to fruition, which is dumb.

Maybe someday soon AI will be able to provide a scam-o-meter of sorts and analyze which ones are worth paying attention to. Either that or an escrow system where they agree to give you back their money if the project doesn't reach its goal.
Activity: 392
November 16, 2018, 05:50:52 AM
The solution to this issue has already been voiced by the developers of erc-20 and the system of smart contracts.
The function of returning finances will be realized.
I presume on the means of voting, therefore monitoring of the receipt of finances will be introduced.
You can also add a mandatory registration in the sec, and the mandatory moderation by the network eth.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 251
November 16, 2018, 05:46:00 AM
well maybe if every country's regulation on ico and crypto starts to run there will be protection for investor funds and only ico and official companies that will run, and we will avoid fraud
Activity: 33
November 16, 2018, 05:44:09 AM
I think STO could be a new model of ICO. When the trust of ICO is questioned, the new type of token sale which gives buyers the trust will attract the attention from buyers
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
November 16, 2018, 05:39:01 AM
I agree, this could be increase the investors trust and maybe could make more investors come to put the fund, we need a good system or something that can decrease or eliminate the scam chances by the developers, the problem of ICO lies in trust and too many project that got the same feature
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
November 16, 2018, 04:14:12 AM
we need a system that will made project team to be accountable.
I agree on this.

This should be the job for the SEC to register these ICO makers so they will be accountable if they are planning something bad for the money of the people. But there's also a concern that crypto's purpose will be gone if SEC will start to intervene.
one side of the SEC can be helpful to provide a container to define this problem out ICO. but the other hand they can also make this to be difficult. but the obvious indeed investors needed a safe place to be able to express freely from the investments that they do. When only always meet a scam then it could be that investor confidence will be lost and the ICO into something worse to follow.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
November 16, 2018, 04:02:22 AM
We are getting a new model. Security Token Offerings with voting rights are going to replace most ICO's over the coming year. They will be just like buying shares and will make the tokenholders the owners of the business with the power to replace the directors if they are doing a bad job. All part of the ongoing maturation of crypto markets as they replace traditional ways of building and funding business.
Activity: 415
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
November 16, 2018, 04:00:29 AM
Very good advice, but it seems impossible, I don't know if you are involved in forex trading, although it also has a lot of guarantees, but there are still many scammers!
Pages:
Jump to: