Pages:
Author

Topic: Weekly pool and network statistics - page 3. (Read 91291 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
March 09, 2015, 10:49:05 AM
As an electrical engineer, the graph of Eligius' hashrateprofitability makes me happy on the inside.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
March 09, 2015, 01:29:18 AM
Still more bad luck for GHash.IO, plus a DDOS this week, which has caused a precipitous drop in hashrate
Ghash lost 12Phs, BW Pool added 12 Phs. Looks like transit Phs, doesn't it?

I still don't know anyone mining at BW Pool, only cloud mining.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
March 09, 2015, 01:18:14 AM
Still more bad luck for GHash.IO, plus a DDOS this week, which has caused a precipitous drop in hashrate
Ghash lost 12Phs, BW Pool added 12 Phs. Looks like transit Phs, doesn't it?
donator
Poor impulse control.
March 08, 2015, 04:47:12 PM
Now that I produce three weekly posts I can't really reproduce them here anymore so I'm going to link to them and include some interesting images instead.

Current Block Maker Statistics
Current Network Statistics
Current Mining Pool Statistics

Previous Block Maker Statistics
Previous Network Statistics
Previous Mining Pool Statistics

Check http://organofcorti.blogspot.com for other interesting bitcoin related posts.

Follow me on Twitter @oocBlog for notification of new posts as soon as I publish.
legendary
March 03, 2015, 10:52:06 AM
I believe there is an error in the pool statistics table on the mining pool page for Eligius' hash rate.

I'll check it out. What do you think it should be?

Edit: You're right, it's wrong, but it's the data I got from the API - it might have been down for a while. The data should be ok by next week.

I have a question about the CDF vs luck included in that table. Luck is a straightforward to calculate, but it seems counter-intuitive that the CDF for GHash would be higher than for Kano.is, even though the luck was worse for Kano. I'd guess there is a factor in there that accounts for the increased hashrate of GHash leading to less variance and a tendency to stick closer to 1.0 luck, but I'd be interested to see how you calculated the CDF for that.

Good question, and it comes up a lot. The CDF is a function of mean(submitted shares)/(expected shares) and of number of blocks solved. The more blocks solved, the narrower the CDF should be. You can play with it here:

In this example, the number of blocks solved is 100, and the mean(submitted shares/expected shares) is 1.1:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=CDF%5BErlangDistribution%5B100%2C+100%5D%2C++1.1%5D

Generally, use

Code:
CDF[ErlangDistribution[nblocks, nblocks],  mean(submitted shares/expected shares)]

Thanks, I knew I was missing something. It's not the average CDF of the block which makes a lot of sense, since that essentially is the same information of the average luck and wouldn't actually tell you how likely that level of luck is. With Bitcoin mining, the generation of a block is an exponential distribution; so from a quick Wikipediaing of the Erlang distribution, for a stochastic process like Bitcoin mining the expected luck (inclusive of orphaned blocks) is 1.0. Then for 100 blocks, your rate is 100, and k is chosen to give you the mean value of 1 (so 100 as well).
donator
Poor impulse control.
March 03, 2015, 12:07:43 AM
I believe there is an error in the pool statistics table on the mining pool page for Eligius' hash rate.

I'll check it out. What do you think it should be?

Edit: You're right, it's wrong, but it's the data I got from the API - it might have been down for a while. The data should be ok by next week.

I have a question about the CDF vs luck included in that table. Luck is a straightforward to calculate, but it seems counter-intuitive that the CDF for GHash would be higher than for Kano.is, even though the luck was worse for Kano. I'd guess there is a factor in there that accounts for the increased hashrate of GHash leading to less variance and a tendency to stick closer to 1.0 luck, but I'd be interested to see how you calculated the CDF for that.

Good question, and it comes up a lot. The CDF is a function of mean(submitted shares)/(expected shares) and of number of blocks solved. The more blocks solved, the narrower the CDF should be. You can play with it here:

In this example, the number of blocks solved is 100, and the mean(submitted shares/expected shares) is 1.1:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=CDF%5BErlangDistribution%5B100%2C+100%5D%2C++1.1%5D

Generally, use

Code:
CDF[ErlangDistribution[nblocks, nblocks],  mean(submitted shares/expected shares)]
legendary
March 02, 2015, 11:10:59 AM

donator
Poor impulse control.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 24, 2015, 07:25:23 PM
Are there any pools which have very easy monitoring on your mobile device like GHASH app?
Most mobile devices have browsers don't they? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
February 24, 2015, 06:59:57 PM
Are there any pools which have very easy monitoring on your mobile device like GHASH app?
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
February 24, 2015, 04:21:46 AM
Are DOT and DAY pools also from China? Look, top-4 pools are chinese, unbelievable.

aren't all the major ASIC companies in china? 

it's like blue bell ice cream, they eat (use) all they can, and sell the rest

a couple of them need to improve their peering badly

*cough* antpool *cough*

BitFury, KNC, Spondoolies, BFL (bazinga)
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
February 24, 2015, 02:58:20 AM
Wow, they're just above the US... I guess those billion+ Chinese gotta eat something...

Funny thing is, look at who has the most cows...
Apparently, India is the place to be if you're a cow.

It definitely is. As a cow in India you can sit in the middle of the road all day long and noone will bother you. Nice to be a holy animal!
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Using some expensive heaters
February 24, 2015, 02:19:58 AM
Are DOT and DAY pools also from China? Look, top-4 pools are chinese, unbelievable.

Blue Bell Ice Cream is made in China?

aren't all the major icecream companies in china? 

Had no idea there were cow's in China.
3rd largest population Tongue according to this ...
http://www.bigpictureagriculture.com/2011/06/thirty-cattle-breeds-described.html

Wow, they're just above the US... I guess those billion+ Chinese gotta eat something...

Funny thing is, look at who has the most cows...
Apparently, India is the place to be if you're a cow.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 24, 2015, 12:49:22 AM

3rd largest population Tongue according to this ...
http://www.bigpictureagriculture.com/2011/06/thirty-cattle-breeds-described.html
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091
Think for yourself
February 24, 2015, 12:43:33 AM

donator
Poor impulse control.
February 23, 2015, 10:50:54 PM

legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091
Think for yourself
February 23, 2015, 09:55:11 PM

zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
February 23, 2015, 09:32:06 PM

a couple of them need to improve their peering badly

*cough* antpool *cough*
donator
Poor impulse control.
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 22, 2015, 03:38:59 PM