Pages:
Author

Topic: Weekly pool and network statistics - page 5. (Read 91252 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
January 19, 2015, 05:39:16 PM

I found the guys at blocktrail.com quite responsive when it came to new coinbase signatures. Yours is there Kano :-)

https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/pool/kano
Yep and a good "indirect" suggestion Smiley

When I get my home server back up and running
(the joys of a double disk failure on RAID1 main 4TB files - of course I have backups of all the important stuff)
I'll change any links I have on the site to point to blocktrail.com
Not sure why I didn't think of doing that before - I did see the pool showing up there correctly before

Blockchain also says our payout address is a double spend - which not only is complete crap - it's their software failure.
We had an orphan on our second block (only orphan so far) and I think that is why they flag our payout address. Morons.

Blockchain also has a few times lately screwed up showing blocks with double amounts and invalid amounts (50BTC in the coinbase Tongue)
They also showed most blocks as orphans for a while, a couple of weeks ago.

Yep just a bunch of whining about Blockchain Smiley

Lets see how reliable blocktrail.com will be instead
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
https://gliph.me/hUF
January 19, 2015, 05:22:37 PM

I found the guys at blocktrail.com quite responsive when it came to new coinbase signatures. Yours is there Kano :-)

https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/pool/kano
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
January 19, 2015, 04:38:30 PM
Yesterday I saw over 100 cars on the road that I didn't recognize. I think it's safe to say that it was the same guy driving all of them and that his name is "Unknown". He must be very rich to have so many cars.  Grin

Not sure if you refer to my posting. However, the 27 blocks from "Unknown" were mined by the company which is financing MBP, so I assume they are the same... not excluding, though, that I'm totally wrong.

I'm basing my results on many different generation addresses that MBP uses, not just coinbase signature, and I update my list regularly. I don't think Blockchain has updated their MBP addresses for a while.

... and they haven't updated their coinbase info from git for more than two months Tongue

https://github.com/blockchain/Blockchain-Known-Pools/issues/20

So who knows how reliable any of their pool detection is.

These slackers get other people to do their work for them, and then don't even use it! I appear to be outraged!
I'd imagine every week you're shocked that they haven't updated the information, as well. Tongue

Quite so.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
January 19, 2015, 10:38:15 AM
Yesterday I saw over 100 cars on the road that I didn't recognize. I think it's safe to say that it was the same guy driving all of them and that his name is "Unknown". He must be very rich to have so many cars.  Grin

Not sure if you refer to my posting. However, the 27 blocks from "Unknown" were mined by the company which is financing MBP, so I assume they are the same... not excluding, though, that I'm totally wrong.

I'm basing my results on many different generation addresses that MBP uses, not just coinbase signature, and I update my list regularly. I don't think Blockchain has updated their MBP addresses for a while.

... and they haven't updated their coinbase info from git for more than two months Tongue

These slackers get other people to do their work for them, and then don't even use it! I appear to be outraged!
I'd imagine every week you're shocked that they haven't updated the information, as well. Tongue
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 19, 2015, 08:54:08 AM

donator
Poor impulse control.
January 19, 2015, 08:48:28 AM
Now that I produce three weekly posts I can't really reproduce them here anymore so I'm going to link to them and include some interesting images instead.

Current Block Maker Statistics
Current Network Statistics
Current Mining Pool Statistics

Previous Block Maker Statistics
Previous Network Statistics
Previous Mining Pool Statistics

Check http://organofcorti.blogspot.com for other interesting bitcoin related posts.

Follow me on Twitter @oocBlog for notification of new posts as soon as I publish.
legendary
January 18, 2015, 11:27:52 PM

donator
Poor impulse control.
January 18, 2015, 09:22:33 PM
Yesterday I saw over 100 cars on the road that I didn't recognize. I think it's safe to say that it was the same guy driving all of them and that his name is "Unknown". He must be very rich to have so many cars.  Grin

I don't look for 'relayed by' since for that to be accurate your client would need to be connected to every pool client. Unless you know all the pool client IP addresses, you'll actually need to be connected to all clients. Today blockchain.info is only connecting to 1600 nodes, and that's only about a fifth of all possible nodes, so "Relayed by" will only be approximate.

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
January 18, 2015, 06:49:04 PM
"Relayed by IP" is notoriously unreliable (and even blockchain makes comment about it somewhere ...)

That's the response I was afraid of :-)

I've read about the use of the -connect flag but was wondering if this would make sense in this case.
legendary
January 18, 2015, 06:34:23 PM
"Relayed by IP" is notoriously unreliable (and even blockchain makes comment about it somewhere ...)
legendary
January 18, 2015, 06:29:09 PM
Yesterday I saw over 100 cars on the road that I didn't recognize. I think it's safe to say that it was the same guy driving all of them and that his name is "Unknown". He must be very rich to have so many cars.  Grin

How do you know?

Got an example block?

Block #339515, for example. As I said, I could be totally wrong, but the block was relayed by IP 212.126.14.122 which belongs to BIOINFOBANK Sp. z.o.o. in Poland. And Arstechnica mentions Bioinfobank in one story as follows:

Carlson's company, MegaBigPower, does the biggest portion of its mining on behalf of its primary investor, the BioInfoBank Institute in Poland.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
January 18, 2015, 03:38:10 PM
I was just kidding. Didn't know if you guys were joking or not. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
https://gliph.me/hUF
January 18, 2015, 03:08:42 PM

How do you know?

Got an example block?
legendary
January 18, 2015, 10:53:54 AM

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
January 18, 2015, 10:38:06 AM
legendary
January 18, 2015, 08:38:14 AM
Maybe ASICMiner is Unknown?
Unknown group - very interesting guys, they change address every month, so it's somebody very secretive Smiley

I haven't seen any evidence of this, and I can't find any large bitcoin income for ASICMiner from blocks solved by unknown sources.

What astonished me is that "Megabigpower" only appeares with one block at Blockchain, however, 27 blocks were found by "unknown" - which is Megabigpower. nWith 27 blocks, MBP is definitively one of the biggest players on the market at the moment.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 16, 2015, 11:25:43 PM
Unknown group - very interesting guys, they change address every month, so it's somebody very secretive Smiley

I haven't seen any evidence of this, and I can't find any large bitcoin income for ASICMiner from blocks solved by unknown sources.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 16, 2015, 11:22:01 PM
May be my mix up of the acronym "AM" ASICMiner vs. AntMiner....

AFAIK AntPool == Bitmain
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027
January 16, 2015, 12:23:26 PM
May be my mix up of the acronym "AM" ASICMiner vs. AntMiner....
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
January 16, 2015, 11:43:39 AM

Is AM's own hashrate in Discus? I think we will see an increasing of AM's hashrate in March, shareholders wrote about it.

They're getting at least some of their income from BTC Guild, eg:
https://blockchain.info/tx/3cdb5647417fa1fc42cbf545491b7663382c2c839e93e80bc34ca5b8d91d4dfd

I couldn't find any significant income from other pools.

They run AntPool, and also talked about joining P2Pool to promote decentralization (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitmain-announces-antpool-855548) with some of their hashrate, although we have not seen anything yet...

ASICMiner runs AntPool?

Pages:
Jump to: