Pages:
Author

Topic: What are AirDrops exactly? - page 3. (Read 377 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
April 22, 2018, 04:34:01 AM
For me, airdrops are a gimmick to attract more people and make more hype around the project. It's the most common and cheapest way, that is why many lousy projects do airdrops... People take part in them and then collect the number of useless coins in their wallets. I take part in the airdrops of only very promising projects.
Activity: 445
Merit: 71
April 11, 2018, 04:53:42 AM
Attracting a disinterested audience, lowering product value, a risk of falling victim to scammers and a desperate measure for ICOs hit by the crypto witch-hunt on social media.
https://shitcoinoffering.com/airdrops-giveaways-tokens-and-free-bitcoins-whats-under-the-hood-part-1/
Activity: 309
Merit: 11
March 25, 2018, 05:16:20 PM
there are some airdrop that generate many advantages and there is airdrop that is not sold in the market, so I think it depends on the development of the project. airdrop is a free coin division without the need for hard work just follow a few rules and wait until token successfully distributed to participants.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
March 25, 2018, 04:03:23 PM
Airdrops are free giveaways of a certain coin or token, they are common in ICOs as you mentioned, they mostly done to promote and market the ICO by luring in many people to sign up for the airdrop, unlike bounties which require to do tasks so as to get paid, airdrops require simple or no task, most airdrops only need you to fill the form and submit
Activity: 266
Merit: 106
Floki Robot
March 25, 2018, 12:56:37 PM
airdrops are company sponsored tokens for promotion of their ico
They can be that, or they can be useless tokens used be scammers. Or they can be good coins like Byteball, Bitcore, and DeepOnion that offer airdrops. That is how they can be adminstered, although every group has a different requirement. Airdrop in the purest form is filling out information and getting coins or tokens. This is the least profitable though and that is why scammers use that method on tokens. It is easy and cheap and people will get involved if they get free tokens. Better airdrops in my opinion are in the form of coins, and they give you a % based on how much you are hodling.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
March 25, 2018, 12:18:46 PM
How to have an airdrops and where does the airdrops go?

How to have airdrop or be a beneficiary is to sign up with the ico.

Where it goes is to the wallet you provided when signing up with ico company. The airdrop tokens are usually distributed at the end of the ico.
That's the common one but some airdrop are ridiculously requiring their own participants to fill the KYC requirements which is insane to do with just a free 1 - 5 dollars worth of tokens, I'm just a newbie with bounties that time and a member of a telegram ICO group and most of the members are asking if the projects require KYC to claim tokens, ask some member then they said that some ICO's even the airdrops require their participants for KYC, giving a sophisticated information for a few bucks no thanks.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
March 25, 2018, 08:54:26 AM
airdrops are company sponsored tokens for promotion of their ico
Activity: 406
Merit: 12
March 25, 2018, 07:09:43 AM
It is intended to drive interest to the project. People waking up to a new coin will make them look into it.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
March 25, 2018, 06:56:57 AM
Simply airdrops are free coins!
they just ask you to do some simple jobs like joining twitter and they give you very small amount of their tokens instead .
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
March 25, 2018, 06:47:17 AM

How to have airdrop or be a beneficiary is to sign up with the ico.

Where it goes is to the wallet you provided when signing up with ico company. The airdrop tokens are usually distributed at the end of the ico.
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
March 25, 2018, 06:22:27 AM
Airdrops are one of the campaigns which a Bounties offer during their ICO period. Exactly, airdrop defines as a giving away of free tokens to the public or users which sign up on the forms which they are issued during their airdrop campaign. Sometimes, airdrop campaigns has so many rounds or phase but it depends on the Bounty how many rounds they will have an airdrop. You can get your free tokens from airdrop if you completed the requirements of Bounty's to be eligible for the rewards.
Activity: 9
February 09, 2018, 05:33:25 AM
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
February 09, 2018, 05:06:10 AM
Airdrop in one sentence means giving something for free for doing some task.
As we can see nowadays almost all new ICO using airdrop as strategy to promote their coin to almost all social media platform like Facebook , twitter and most importantly telegram.

If we need to do a task then it is not an airdrop but rather a bounty payment for the task they had given us.  Most of us knows what's free means, it is just enlisting the account and get free token from the owner of the project.  Anyway, it is a marketing strategy to spread news about the project.  Most bounty were disguised as Airdrop but the fact is that they are actually a task and will be paid with the tokem.  I also believe that airdrop is synonym to giveaway.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
February 09, 2018, 04:16:45 AM
It literally means what it is. They "airdrop" their coins/tokens to people who sort of sign up. Most of the time you just need to prove ownership of a bitcoin wallet and they give you a percentage depending on how much BTC you hold on that specific wallet. To prove ownership, you send them a specific amount of BTC or you can sign a message using your wallet[1] instead if you don't want to spend your BTC.  

[1] https://medium.com/@TenX/mycelium-how-to-sign-a-message-with-a-bitcoin-address-87afdd0a5a0e

I heard it was "FREE" tokens that are given out?
Yeah, that's exactly what airdrop is "free" tokens! the site here(https://airdropalert.com) keeps track of available airdrops.

Why would someone issue free tokens? What would be the core use in this? Can you give me an example in a normal ICO or presale or whatever that one could involve using airdrops, and would it make the sale more attractive?
I think ICO airdrops are done to build community. it's not really an airdrop if people are asked to follow/join social network channels. since you're doing something (following twitter etc..) to get the "free" tokens. a real airdrop is where you don't really have to do much, just provide/connect your ETH/BTC address to get free tokens. take byteball as an example, you just have to sign a message or send a small amount of BTC to get airdrops.
Activity: 560
Merit: 10
February 09, 2018, 04:00:13 AM
I see a lot of ICO's doing AirDrops, or they say AirDrops are finished etc. Can someone give me an exact description and an example of what an AirDrop is exactly? What is the purpose of it during an ICO? Thanks!

Just fill the form and sign up for that and follow all the rules or i mean you answer what it says after they give you a free token that you can buy it in different types of crypto currency that can be money.
Activity: 3
February 09, 2018, 03:40:50 AM
Airdrop in one sentence means giving something for free for doing some task.
As we can see nowadays almost all new ICO using airdrop as strategy to promote their coin to almost all social media platform like Facebook , twitter and most importantly telegram.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
February 09, 2018, 03:27:51 AM
It literally means what it is. They "airdrop" their coins/tokens to people who sort of sign up. Most of the time you just need to prove ownership of a bitcoin wallet and they give you a percentage depending on how much BTC you hold on that specific wallet. To prove ownership, you send them a specific amount of BTC or you can sign a message using your wallet[1] instead if you don't want to spend your BTC

[1] https://medium.com/@TenX/mycelium-how-to-sign-a-message-with-a-bitcoin-address-87afdd0a5a0e
Most airdrops now are ERC20 tokens thus ETH address are often being asked.
Most of them require you to follow their social media pages, tweet or retweet something and that's it.
There are very rare good airdrops, most of them are dusts (as what everyone is saying). I have joined a 200$ airdrop in the past. Quite fine for me.
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
February 09, 2018, 03:13:15 AM
Airdrop is just a small amount from the total supply of a project.They are giving me this free in return you will follow their twitter and join the telegram.In this case you help them to build a community that will support their project during crowdsale.Having a big community can attract investors to participate during crowdsale.So in short Airdrop is just a way of marketing strategy.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
February 09, 2018, 02:56:58 AM
It literally means what it is. They "airdrop" their coins/tokens to people who sort of sign up. Most of the time you just need to prove ownership of a bitcoin wallet and they give you a percentage depending on how much BTC you hold on that specific wallet. To prove ownership, you send them a specific amount of BTC or you can sign a message using your wallet[1] instead if you don't want to spend your BTC

Yeah, that's exactly what airdrop is "free" tokens! the site here(https://airdropalert.com) keeps track of available airdrops.

Why would someone issue free tokens? What would be the core use in this? Can you give me an example in a normal ICO or presale or whatever that one could involve using airdrops, and would it make the sale more attractive?
They would really do such thing for them to have an airdrop. This is one of the ways of distribution of their tokens but dont worry airdropped tokens arent really took big percentage on overall supply which means the main sale is still on concern. Airdropped tokens is only a dust and shouldnt really be worried off if you are an investor on a particular ico.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097
Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh
February 09, 2018, 02:51:50 AM
It literally means what it is. They "airdrop" their coins/tokens to people who sort of sign up. Most of the time you just need to prove ownership of a bitcoin wallet and they give you a percentage depending on how much BTC you hold on that specific wallet. To prove ownership, you send them a specific amount of BTC or you can sign a message using your wallet[1] instead if you don't want to spend your BTC.  

It is all over the ICO now, new ICO somehow gives token for free, for the coin will only have a value if the network of holders will grow. The more the community have it the more the possibility for it's development , everyone like free, so many will really acquire it as much as possible, but beware still of putting details some may not be legit and some didn't really paid so still study the coins idea.
Pages:
Jump to: