Pages:
Author

Topic: What are some disadvantages of BTC? - page 11. (Read 7897 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 09, 2018, 02:43:45 PM
Maybe I think the weakness of BTC is very difficult to predict the price, we can get very high profit but we also can get very high loss also. Not to mention some countries that prohibit the use of BTC which makes BTC increasingly lost investors.
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
January 09, 2018, 02:38:51 PM
Bitcoin has so many advantages ranging from value, potentiallity and assets and profit oriented. In bitcoin the value is always on the highest rate in the exchange market in the past months we have seen how bitcoin has steadily increase in value. And talking about profits bitcoin has the capacity to increase in price within the shortest period of time and on potential bitcoin has a great potentials to sustain it already increasing market growth.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
January 09, 2018, 02:32:25 PM
Small blocksize ,tx confirmation is too slow,congested network and too volatile market.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
The OEL Blockchain Ecosystem for Supply Chains
January 09, 2018, 02:31:19 PM
Weaknesses in bitcoin are almost there. But the only thing I don't like that at the moment it is not legalized by the government. It would be great if in the shop you could shop for bitcoin, to pay for education and treatment. Stored in a Bank Deposit insured's own expense.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
January 09, 2018, 04:45:50 AM
One of the main disadvantage of using bitcoin service is the  high and unpredictable and unstable transaction fee and transaction speed. Hope we do more innovations on that part
Activity: 28
January 09, 2018, 04:42:08 AM
Bitcoin can also be abused by people who want to hide their income from government, and avoid paying taxes. Then, the state revenue from the tax will be lost because of the money that is not tracked. Not only in the criminal acts alone, the most basic lack of Bitcoin also occurs because of its unreal shape.
Activity: 442
Merit: 101
January 09, 2018, 01:23:25 AM
Some disadvantage of bitcoin is, the charge is too high, the payment transaction is not suitable for small payments because the bitcoin price is too high now .. the famous bitcoin has made many criminals pay attention. There are websites that are created to trick your bitcoin. you should be more careful
Activity: 1302
January 09, 2018, 12:50:36 AM
We all know the advantages of BTC, but what are some of the disadvantages??
Bitcoin has a lots of advantages but Bitcoin has some disadvantages too. Banks don't accept it, governments can't get any Remittances, it is now used in online illegal activities. Above all of disadvantages Bitcoin is really a king and world changer currency 💱.
Activity: 350
January 09, 2018, 12:29:16 AM
In the market of the world every product have advantages and disadvantages just like that BTC have also some disadvantages like
Now a days BTC have very high transaction fee which is the problem for all users of BTC.
And transaction speed is very slow which take alot of time.
So these two are the major drawbacks now a days of BTC and it should need to solve these problems because BTC is high price currency and have big aims.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
January 09, 2018, 12:21:03 AM
The main drawbacks of bitcoin, making it cumbersome and unadapted for everyday purchases, is its large commissions for transactions with small purchases and too long time for transactions. These drawbacks turn bitcoin into some kind of digital gold, that is, rather as a means of accumulation, and not as a means of payment.

Yes, at the moment bitcoin is good to use for accumulation, investment, trading, and holding and not for small purchases. This is the ideal thing to do at the moment but I am pretty certain that it will be different in the coming few days where it will be easier to pay for small price purchases and the fee would also be smaller.
Activity: 154
January 06, 2018, 10:59:18 PM
The main drawbacks of bitcoin, making it cumbersome and unadapted for everyday purchases, is its large commissions for transactions with small purchases and too long time for transactions. These drawbacks turn bitcoin into some kind of digital gold, that is, rather as a means of accumulation, and not as a means of payment.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
January 06, 2018, 10:56:57 PM

I think bitcoin has a weakness in transactions. The fees charged for shipping are sometimes very high. and also take a long time to confirm bitcoin transactions. That's all I think. We can see the opinions of others in this thread.

That is true - the slow in transactions and the fee. I have mine that is more than a week old already and there is still no confirmation Smiley But I believe this problem is easily fixed in the days to come because bitcoin is great.
Activity: 210
January 06, 2018, 03:11:24 PM
If you ask me which are the disadvantages i will clearly say it is the blocksize,slow tx confirmations and higher fees?
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
January 06, 2018, 02:58:37 PM

I think bitcoin has a weakness in transactions. The fees charged for shipping are sometimes very high. and also take a long time to confirm bitcoin transactions. That's all I think. We can see the opinions of others in this thread.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
January 06, 2018, 02:52:10 PM
The main problems of bitcoin were and still are low bandwidth bitcoin, massive freezing of its transactions and large fees for their conduct.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
January 06, 2018, 02:20:41 PM
Volatility, slow transactions and decentralization. Its volatility is the biggest problem in my opinion. Investors really hate it especially whenever its market value is falling because they are losing money at the same time. Decentralization is somewhat a disadvantage for its security lacks authority. Slow transaction is obviously a downside.

I don't get it. IMO decentralization is one of the best and most important features of BTC. Why would anybody seek authority to rule over their money? Don't you people have enough of people watching over your shoulder, telling you what you can and cannot do? Do you really want more of it? I will always stand behind decentralization and support it with all my heart.
Activity: 88
January 06, 2018, 02:06:07 PM
Many had a lot of good things to say bout bitcoin, and there are also many disadvantages we can site using it.  First, though we can freely use it , it isn't still legally affirmed by the government. In fact, there are a lot of countries banning its people from using it. Secondly, it's volatility, pricing may increase rapidly and may dump hard. Third, high transaction fees when sending to other wallets or exchanges. Fourth, once made any error to any transaction that was completed, you can not revert it back anymore no matter how big  or small your transaction is.
Activity: 600
Merit: 256
January 06, 2018, 01:58:43 PM

Well for me, there are more the good than the bad in bitcoin, but if you want to talk about it, i guess the disadvantages of bitcoin right now are :
1. High transaction fees
2. Slow transaction speed
These 2 matters is a big disadvantages now for bitcoin in my opinion as it can slow the movement of bitcoin in the market, and not to mention that people will use this fact to bash bitcoin. I think it is kinda crucial things and bitcoin needs to improve it faster.

SegWit2X would have solved these issues, at least temporarily. But once again, the greed of the miners prevailed over the long term benefit of Bitcoin. For the past one month or so, the number of unconfirmed transactions have remained constantly above the 100,000 mark.
Activity: 434
January 06, 2018, 01:57:31 PM

Yes there are disadvantage also in bitcoins, Most of them are based on the market, If you invest in bitcoins there are chances that the value will decrease or increase further more depending on the markets volatility. So you should always monitor the price before investing or selling your coins.
Activity: 120
January 06, 2018, 01:56:00 PM
well the one I can think right now , it's the big fee that bitcoin has at this moment. this is killiing new adopters and they trying to find the new bitcoin and ohhh the circle goes on...but the fees are killing it.
Pages:
Jump to: